Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers doubt for tomorrow?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
How long have we been saying on here we need another keeper in...... what annoys me most is so far this seasons NSC has mostly been right andf Adams wrong...

lack of creativity
playing Loft
Virgo out of position
danger of loaning out all our fowards
and now cover for Kuipers.

We shouldn't EVER be right... that's the managers job.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
How long have we been saying on here we need another keeper in...... what annoys me most is so far this seasons NSC has mostly been right andf Adams wrong...

lack of creativity
playing Loft
Virgo out of position
and now cover for Kuipers.

What is your theory that Loft should play?

Bearing in mind your location, I suspect you have not seen an awful lot of what he can or cannot offer.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Play Sullivan. I'm not saying he'll be good. Frankly, I haven't got a CLUE how good he'd be. But unless Michel's going to be out for WEEKS there is no point diverting valuable TIME and MONEY towards getting another keeper when we have FAR bigger problems elsewhere. It's also not fair to Sullivan to expect him to train/play in the reserves without a sniff of first team action. If he plays and has a shocker then we know we need another keeper, but until we've found that out it would be a pointless signing.

Spot on

Our chances of getting anything out of tomorrow depend on us signing a forward... not a keeper

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What is your theory that Loft should play?

Bearing in mind your location, I suspect you have not seen an awful lot of what he can or cannot offer.

No.... when we were missing creativity before Thornton etc came in he was doing quite well coming on and by all reports on here he had a good game at Man City.. and then he disappeared. Poeple here were crying out for creativity of which Loft seemed to offer some and it was ignored until Thornton and Savage wre brough tin.

I am not saying Loft is better than Thronton etc.

TBH as most people who go to the same game cant agree on what they saw I am not sure location really comes into it anymore..... unless I am arguing that Peter Ward should play of course ;)

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
No.... when we were missing creativity before Thornton etc came in he was doing quite well coming on and by all reports on here he had a good game at Man City.. and then he disappeared. Poeple here were crying out for creativity of which Loft seemed to offer some and it was ignored until Thornton and Savage wre brough tin.

I am not saying Loft is better than Thronton etc.

TBH as most people who go to the same game cant agree on what they saw I am not sure location really comes into it anymore..... unless I am arguing that Peter Ward should play of course ;)

But in reality when Loft has started games he has offered nothing.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Play Sullivan. I'm not saying he'll be good. Frankly, I haven't got a CLUE how good he'd be. But unless Michel's going to be out for WEEKS there is no point diverting valuable TIME and MONEY towards getting another keeper when we have FAR bigger problems elsewhere. It's also not fair to Sullivan to expect him to train/play in the reserves without a sniff of first team action. If he plays and has a shocker then we know we need another keeper, but until we've found that out it would be a pointless signing.

Makes sense. My comment was only that if MA has written off Sullivan (certainly gives off that vibe) he should have brought in cover earlier.

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath

What he said.

Give Sullivan a chance!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
But in reality when Loft has started games he has offered nothing.

So YOU say... I certainly wont contradict you as I havent seen him for ages but there are many on NSC who will... which is my point exactly.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I agree with Badger.

But we all KNOW it will be Virgo in goal anyway.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Going by what I have seen in the reserves and the pre match warm ups, I would say Sullivan hasnt got what it takes.

His best attribute is barking instructions at the defence, but whether he has the confidence to do that to the 1st team pros is another question.

As for his shot stopping, I know its only warm ups as the strikers gop through their routines, but he gets near about 10% of them, and rest fly past him into the goal.

In games he makes silly handling errors, but what keeper doesnt

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I say get Sullivan in tomorrow night, and if he's good enough then at least we know we have two adequate keepers. If he's not, look to sign a youngster permanently who will develop with us.

We are playing the top dogs of the division though, if we get turned over his confidence will be DESTROYED as he has to walk off the pitch infront of another Withdean booing.

Much like Carson in the England Croatia game. Thats why I wouldnt play him.
Kuipers cant kick anyway, so if he is agile enough to shot stop, keep him in

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Isn't it usual that loan players can be re-called at anytime ? If that's the case surely we'd be re-calling some of these forwards if they were good enough ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here