Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers axed!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
Interesting to see that Wilkins believes in giving people a long run in the team to get their confidence up

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah. I think MM would have been crucfied if he had done this.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So therefore what is the point in dropping him for 1 game....it doesnt make sense

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think it acts to
(a) motivate Kuipers for the Blackpool match
(b) give a way back for Hendo to put his spat behind him

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Turkey said:
The Argus:

It seems odd to axe Santos with Reid an injury doubt. I suppose Tommy Fraser can play center back. I imagine depends on Reid's fitness. If fit, El-Abd center back, if not, Santos keeps his place. Knee ligaments sounds bad though. So I'm guessing Santos will start.

ALBION: Henderson; El-Abd, Santos, Lynch, Rents; Hammond, Carpenter, Cox; Revell, Hart, Frutos. Subs: Kuipers, Mayo, Fraser, Loft, Molango.

You obviously wern't at Carlisle. Santos gave away the first almost the 2nd and was a liability throughout his inept showing. I think he will be dropped.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
sparkie said:
I think it acts to

Agreed, good move I reckon.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
sparkie said:
I think it acts to

I think its because Henderson has probably looked better in training and Kuipers has conceded 6 goals in 2 games.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Re: Re: Kuipers axed!

Hannibal smith said:
You obviously wern't at Carlisle. Santos gave away the first almost the 2nd and was a liability throughout his inept showing. I think he will be dropped.

I never said he shouldn't be dropped. I just couldn't work out who'd replace him. Now I realise Hart could switch to defence.

As I understand it El-Abd was rubbish at Carlisle too.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
Yeah. I think MM would have been crucfied if he had done this.
The issue with MM was that certain players were all but guaranteed a place regardless while others would be dropped or frozen out for long periods for little or no reason. At least Wilkins seems willing to wield the axe on any player who does not perform.

I think if we continued to do ok then making several changes wouldn't be a great move, but since the performance at Carlisle was pretty dire by all accounts I think he is justified in ringing the changes.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But why bring oin a goalie who is going to be away on International duty on the Saturday?

What message does that send out?

Its just bad man management

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dave the Gaffer said:
But why bring oin a goalie who is going to be away on International duty on the Saturday?

Espically if Henderson dosen't get his place back after International duty.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Dave the Gaffer said:

By this logic, no international goalies would play in a match before being called up:shootself

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If Wilkins thinks that Henderson will is better prepared for this game then so be it. I am going to trust Wilkins on this one, rather than NSCer's who are looking for holes.

Kuipers shipped in goals in two games and it has been reported that Henderson has been in very good form of late.

Why should a goalkeeper keep the shirt more than a striker who is misfiring?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
BarrelofFun said:
If Wilkins thinks that Henderson will is better prepared for this game then so be it. I am going to trust Wilkins on this one, rather than NSCer's who are looking for holes.

Kuipers shipped in goals in two games and it has been reported that Henderson has been in very good form of late.

Exactly, its called rotation and doesn't do Chelsea any harm.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle C said:
Exactly, its called rotation and doesn't do Chelsea any harm.

When was the last time Chelsea rotated goal-keepers in the league? I think Chelsea also have a squad of about 50 players.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
BarrelofFun said:

Agree - Henderson really his to fight for his place now and hopefully he'll rise to the challenge. Kuipers will then have to put on a good display when Hendo heads off with Ireland.

Plus Molango's on the scene. Rents back in the frame. All players with something to prove.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BUTTERBALL said:
We are lucky to have 2 excellent keepers between the sticks.

Quite right. I really couldn't give a fig who is between the posts, as long as they try their hardest and play well.

This Kuipers hysteria is getting beyond ridiculous. A bit of competition never hurt anyone!!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Turkey said:

Plus Molango's on the scene. Rents back in the frame. All players with something to prove.

Its nice to see those 2 in the frame, Rents is actually a LB as apposed to Lynch and Mayo.

Its good to see Molango given a chance aswell, He may prove to be utter shite but he hasn't had much of a chance.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The official site think Santos and Mayo are starting.

Kuipers/Henderson; El-Abd, Santos, Lynch, Mayo; Carpenter, Fraser, Hammond; Hart, Revell, Cox.

Subs: Keeper, Rents, Loft, Frutos, Robinson, Molango.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here