Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Krispies Flounce

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
OK, point taken, there is no excuse for the fans picking on the stewards...however, how did this all start off, was there one event or was it the constant pleading for people to sit down (which is after all in the interest of crowd safety).

Pork Sword

Banned
Jan 5, 2007
Some lardy called Grant I believe is the ringleader behind all this had a few run ins with him myself. Ban him and things will be OK.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Thought it was pathetic as usual. Why cant people just play the game? It's simple, once the game settles down, the stewards come up and tell everyone to sit down, we sit down, then stand up when something exciting happens, then sit down again. A lot of people stand up just to wind the stewards up. If people were standing up and singing and creating an atmosphere it would be understandable, but most of the time they're not, they're just standing there in silence.

I hate sitting down to watch football, but the problem is not the club (as is legally inclined to do so) trying to enforce people to sit in seating areas, it's the fact that the seating areas have to be there in the first place.

When we scored the second yesterday Withdean was like it used to be, haven't seen it like that for ages :clap2:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Gully said:
OK, point taken, there is no excuse for the fans picking on the stewards...however, how did this all start off, was there one event or was it the constant pleading for people to sit down (which is after all in the interest of crowd safety).
All started when the bloke with the kid (who walked out yesterday) started turning up. First the Stewards asked his kid not to stand on the seat, (they even pointed him to an area where he would get a clear view) this upset the bloke who then took it up on himself to make a point of refusing to sit down. As the games went by he "got in" with the guy with the Tattoos and baseball cap and managed to increase his 'followers' out of the surrounding area in the quest to spread disharmony. They went up a league last week with the Stewards masks. Problem is a few of the people on here who are moaning actually contributed to it. Still, good game yesterday.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think its a viscous circle, theres far to many stewards standing down at the bottom of the block for which is needed, which inturn winds people up, but certain fans don't help when they go there just to wind them up. The masks the other week as far as i could see was to only antagonise the stewards rather than having a laugh.

I don't mind sitting down but would rather stand and felt that yesterday it was abit ill timed for some of the the stewards to try and get us to sit so soon after hammond had just scored, expecailly with the scecond coming so soon after.

The situation has seemed to have got worse since the away end has moved and people have the attitude of it they are allowed to stand, then so should i. Then the away fans think well they are standing....

The impression i've got is if we sit down for 10 minutes when they tell us they will be quite happy to turn a blind eye if people stand in the second half

One steward did agree when pointed out that the atmosphere at orient was really good as we were allowed to stand, and sitting is such an atmosphere killer

If STHs in H Block don't like what's going on between a minority of fans and the stewards, maybe the answer for next season is NOT to renew season tickets, but to buy tickets on a match by match basis and try to recreate the sort of atmosphere that we want somewhere else in the ground.

Once we'd found the right place, we could then buy a half-season Season Ticket and settle in our new location.

How many H Block STHs would be up for this?

Last edited:

1066gull

Lord Bracknell said:
If STHs in H Block don't like what's going on between a minority of fans and the stewards, maybe the answer for next season is NOT to renew season tickets, but to buy tickets on a match by match basis and try to recreate the sort of atmosphere that we want somewhere else in the ground.

Once we'd found the right place, we could then buy a half-season Season Ticket and settle in our new location.

My bet is East Stand - and use the kids as a powerful force.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:

Nice Idea but I've had my seat for 4-5 years. I like it. I like to sing. I have been in other areas where you start to sing and you get funny looks, I know in J I can sing and not feel isolated. Why would I let a bunch of nobs run me out of MY seat. Ignore them.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if everyone leaves the H block, then the stewards will follow you lot to the east stand meaning we can stand up in peace in there.

Go on----bugger off

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
Eggmundo said:
Nice Idea but I've had my seat for 4-5 years. I like it. I like to sing. I have been in other areas where you start to sing and you get funny looks, I know in J I can sing and not feel isolated. Why would I let a bunch of nobs run me out of MY seat. Ignore them.
Totaly agree with that the people who were running up and down the stairs yesterday telling others to sit down were the same people who the week before were wearing the masks and goading the stewards > one minute They hate them next minute they are doing thier work for them Not really consistant is it !!!!!!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kukev31 said:
If the stewards just let us stand this wouldn't be a problem.

Rules are rules though.

If people didn't argue back with the stewards, there wouldn't be a problem

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Kukev31 said:
If the stewards just let us stand this wouldn't be a problem.

But the club get put under a lot of pressure to ensure no-one stands for extended periods, and have to be seen to be doing something about it.

They HAVE to ask us to sit down, and so it's a bit harsh to give the stewards stick for doing their job.

If the club could allow everyone to stand as they liked, they probably would.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
John Boy said:
East Stand rules :cool:

It still doesn't come near the H block of old though (that's without the gay steward songs and abuse).

It's a shame really, you'd have thought it would be sooo much better with the away fans close

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
They let everyone stand in the second half and the atmosphere was much better. Wilkins, Kuipers etc all say in the newspaper/programme get behind the team buts it bloody difficult to siting down.

Even though it was a bit shit with some fans having a go at others and stupid stward nonsense distracting from the game I still prefer it to D Block where I used to sit because there's still more atmos in H and its good to have banter with the away fans.

East Stand is quite good but when Ive been there, there hasnt been enough people to make nuch noise and you still get quite a few who dont sing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here