Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Krept and Konan - official England track

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Any news?

:nono:

Well, while we wait for the anthem, an assistant head teacher at a school in London is being investigated for using the n-word in a Geography lesson.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...esson-on-how-not-to-pronounce-niger-h0cbph8p0

I guess the 13/14 year olds in this school are yet to be exposed to Krept and Konan’s art with their frequent use of the term in their music. Quite what effect this will have on children like these pupils will be interesting, although I am not sure whose career will be ended, it’s unlikely to be K&K?

What a time to be alive eh........

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Well, while we wait for the anthem, an assistant head teacher at a school in London is being investigated for using the n-word in a Geography lesson.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...esson-on-how-not-to-pronounce-niger-h0cbph8p0

I guess the 13/14 year olds in this school are yet to be exposed to Krept and Konan’s art with their frequent use of the term in their music. Quite what effect this will have on children like these pupils will be interesting, although I am not sure whose career will be ended, it’s unlikely to be K&K?

What a time to be alive eh........

You really do struggle with context, don't you?

I haven't read the full article due to the paywall but why did this teacher not just explain the correct pronunciation?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
You really do struggle with context, don't you?

I haven't read the full article due to the paywall but why did this teacher not just explain the correct pronunciation?

How so?

An assistant head teacher (who, let’s face it is unlikely to be a froth speckled gammony brexiteer fascist piece of shit) is explaining how to correctly pronounce Niger. To demonstrate his point he uses the very word that should not be used. A pupil walks out in disgust and complaints are then raised.

Contextually it’s a very similar situation to another teacher that in explaining what blasphemy is, shows an image of what is considered blasphemy. Another teaching career in the bin?

If sensitivity on use of the n-word is at the level that it should not be used, then what the F*CK is the FA doing getting into bed with a couple of rappers that regularly use that term in their music? Not least given the FA’s current stance on racism they are so piously committed to.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
How so?

An assistant head teacher (who, let’s face it is unlikely to be a froth speckled gammony brexiteer fascist piece of shit) is explaining how to correctly pronounce Niger. To demonstrate his point he uses the very word that should not be used. A pupil walks out in disgust and complaints are then raised.

Contextually it’s a very similar situation to another teacher that in explaining what blasphemy is, shows an image of what is considered blasphemy. Another teaching career in the bin?

If sensitivity on use of the n-word is at the level that it should not be used, then what the F*CK is the FA doing getting into bed with a couple of rappers that regularly use that term in their music? Not least given the FA’s current stance on racism they are so piously committed to.

A teacher needlessly using the word in question in a lesson is different from its use in a song by two young black men. One could argue that it's not acceptable in either case but it's disingenuous to claim not to see a contextual difference.

As a teacher in Spain, I've had to deal with students, both adults and teens, who have used the word in class. In each case they've been unaware of why it was so inappropriate and, especially in the case of adults, rather embarrassed and apologetic. On no occasion have I felt the need to repeat the word myself.

Anyway, this teacher hasn't been fired as far as I'm aware. The school has apologised and they're trying to deal with it sensitively. Of course others will try to use it to stoke the fires of the culture war.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Anyway, this teacher hasn't been fired as far as I'm aware. The school has apologised and they're trying to deal with it sensitively. Of course others will try to use it to stoke the fires of the culture war.

My main takeaway from that story is that I've learnt how Niger is meant to be pronounced, so the lesson was successful on that level.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So England's 3rd match kicks off in 8 hours. Has the track been released yet?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this because the FA have just done a Google search and found out every other song they've ever written contains the words f**k, bitch or nigga, and they are afraid this story could derail an otherwise smooth media campaign?

This is looking increasingly likely - there seems to be a complete media black-out on it (no pun intended). The FA and the BBC have realised they've dropped an almighty bollock, and are hoping it will all just go away. With the routine boo-ing of the knee, the last thing they want to have blasting out over the tannoys at Wembley is a track that might end up causing even more aggravation and controversy.

At some point they'll surely have to come out with some mealy-mouthed statement about the track, or their prior background 'not fully reflecting our core values' or somesuch.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is looking increasingly likely - there seems to be a complete media black-out on it (no pun intended). The FA and the BBC have realised they've dropped an almighty bollock, and are hoping it will all just go away. With the routine boo-ing of the knee, the last thing they want to have blasting out over the tannoys at Wembley is a track that might end up causing even more aggravation and controversy.

At some point they'll surely have to come out with some mealy-mouthed statement about the track, or their prior background 'not fully reflecting our core values' or somesuch.

I can see why the media might be content to not run this story because a happy England camp and a long run in the tournament is a feelgood story that sells papers.

Nobody wants to be the one to blow the whistle on this story because it will be a direct attack on the FA - there is a time and a place for that - but if we don't make the Semis for what is - in effect - a home tournament then it might not just be Gareth Southgate copping it but the whole FA hierarchy.

The BBC are equally at fault, making a TV programme about the making of this song without delving into what other stuff this duo have produced.

This story is as big as the media wants to make it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is this because the FA have just done a Google search and found out every other song they've ever written contains the words f**k, bitch or nigga, and they are afraid this story could derail an otherwise smooth media campaign?

It’s either that - or it’s been embargoed whilst the ECB negotiate to buy the rights.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I can see why the media might be content to not run this story because a happy England camp and a long run in the tournament is a feelgood story that sells papers.

Nobody wants to be the one to blow the whistle on this story because it will be a direct attack on the FA - there is a time and a place for that - but if we don't make the Semis for what is - in effect - a home tournament then it might not just be Gareth Southgate copping it but the whole FA hierarchy.

The BBC are equally at fault, making a TV programme about the making of this song without delving into what other stuff this duo have produced.

This story is as big as the media wants to make it.

It's a non-story that'll be lapped up in certain quarters but met with indifferent shrugs elsewhere.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a non-story that'll be lapped up in certain quarters but met with indifferent shrugs elsewhere.

If it is a non-story then why hasn't England's official FA-endorsed, BBC-approved song been released yet?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If it was going to be released then it obviously would have been by now, in order to cash in and make the most of all the pre-tournament hype and optimism (however misplaced that may turn out to be). The notion of holding it back till halfway through the tournament when we may or may not have even got out the group is clearly a complete nonsense.

The FA / BBC are likely working on a rather tricky PR assignment to drop this thing with the least amount of fuss as possible. Rather like one of those little 'clarifications and corrections' columns discreetly tucked away on newspaper websites. "Nothing to see here".

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Throughout the documentary, Konan feels sure that love will outweigh any less positive reactions they may receive: “No matter who you are or where you’re from, we’re supporting England and the song should unite that as well.” Krept adds: “It’s a new time and they’ve just got to accept that it’s new times now."

Second thoughts maybe ?

D

Deleted member 22389

I think they are stuck with what to produce here. I think there is a track, and it will played just before England kick off for the Final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here