Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Suggesting, as we probably knew, that he is not a team player and hence why he’s no longer here. Shame he has so much talent
T'is a funny old game.

I'm pretty sure I never noticed just how unteamly AK is/was.

Like many, or should that be most having reread this thread a couple of weeks ago, I loved AK and what he bought to the team.
But from the moment I saw him differently and his lack of team play then that was it, he's gone and thankfully not coming back - I find absolutely amazing I've even written that, and Stat of 6 months ago would have had a field day with such a statement.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
T'is a funny old game.

I'm pretty sure I never noticed just how unteamly AK is/was.

Like many, or should that be most having reread this thread a couple of weeks ago, I loved AK and what he bought to the team.
But from the moment I saw him differently and his lack of team play then that was it, he's gone and thankfully not coming back - I find absolutely amazing I've even written that, and Stat of 6 months ago would have had a field day with such a statement.

I’m 100% with you on that. I was gutted when we let him go, but I can see that the AK of last season would probably give GP an aneurysm on the touchline. If only Bruno was still playing, those two were almost telepathic so I reckon AK is capable of playing Potterball....very well :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m 100% with you on that. I was gutted when we let him go, but I can see that the AK of last season would probably give GP an aneurysm on the touchline.
Not after being loaned to Zenit St Petersburg.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It is bonkers how opinions can change.

I remember watching him during our promotion season, and the season before, absolutely destroying defenders and taking them on almost for fun. At the time it was all "Bloody hell he's good, look how much of a **** he's made of their left back. Brilliant."

Now though, it's that plus "huh, maybe his team mates would enjoy a pass or two"

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Two way street, I imagine a fair few teammates have found Vardy an irritating, rat-faced little shit down the years, maybe Knocky just didn’t like him. Maybe we should show more love for one of our own rather than listening to the font of intelligent insight that is Vardy.

:ffsparr:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I loved his individual talent and a lot of his amazing moments were brought about by him being selfish at times. It wasn’t all the time but I must admit despite being a massive fan of his, his decision making and final ball at times were questionable.

If you think about that palace stunner, 9 times out of 10 that goes high and wide and you wonder why he doesn’t look for a pass. Swings and roundabouts.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Suggesting, as we probably knew, that he is not a team player and hence why he’s no longer here. Shame he has so much talent

Not sure Vardy has a leg to stand on with a comment like that.

Most of the balls that Leicester have played to him have been 40 yards over the top, 20 yards in front of him that he normally has to chase down and did so successfully over the last 7 or 8 years. That is his strength. It's not like he has been used to getting balls to his feet six yards out where he just needs to tap them in.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure Vardy has a leg to stand on with a comment like that.

Most of the balls that Leicester have played to him have been 40 yards over the top, 20 yards in front of him that he normally has to chase down and did so successfully over the last 7 or 8 years. That is his strength. It's not like he has been used to getting balls to his feet six yards out where he just needs to tap them in.

They are a pretty successful team that plays to it’s strengths though, long balls to Vardy are one of their options. I can’t stand the guy but you can’t deny that he fits Leicester very well and they play to their strengths. AK often took it on himself to try and do everything and on his day an absolute joy to watch but on other occasions he was a sulky stroppy Frenchman who was actually a threat to the team finishing the game with 11 men. The way we play now would not suit his temperament. Big part of why we are in the Premier League at all though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They are a pretty successful team that plays to it’s strengths though, long balls to Vardy are one of their options. I can’t stand the guy but you can’t deny that he fits Leicester very well and they play to their strengths. AK often took it on himself to try and do everything and on his day an absolute joy to watch but on other occasions he was a sulky stroppy Frenchman who was actually a threat to the team finishing the game with 11 men. The way we play now would not suit his temperament. Big part of why we are in the Premier League at all though.

Agree 100% - Wouldn't have been in the PL without him

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’m 100% with you on that. I was gutted when we let him go, but I can see that the AK of last season would probably give GP an aneurysm on the touchline. If only Bruno was still playing, those two were almost telepathic so I reckon AK is capable of playing Potterball....very well :shrug:

Yes. I still think he’d be an asset to the squad.

Trossard looks good, but I’m not sure he can be relied on to stay fit. Clearly Knocky would have to adapt his game to pass more quickly, but he has the ability, but if we’re a goal down with 20 mins left and I’m looking at our bench for someone to come on and make a difference, I don’t think we have any options at Knocky’s level

Loads on here saying he’s a knob, trying to make out they know him. Highly strung yes, a couple of stupid sending’s off yes, but he is one of the hardest working wingers I’ve ever seen.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
AK was fantastic for us we probably had him at his peak one of my all time favourite Albion players. Unfortunately he had personal grief and other issues in his life. Can’t believe some attitudes towards him now but that’s football supporters short memories I presume.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
'"Don't sign any more of these French players", because he was sick of Anthony.'"

Yes, Jamie, not signing player of a certain nationality because you can't get on with one player of the same nationality makes PERFECT sense :dunce:

No wonder the fella ignored his advice...

And I'm not opening the article because it's DM, and I don't want to infect my computer with such filth, but if Vardy said that, he'd better be relieved that the majority of the French population are white. If he said that about an African country he'd be in trouble

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Trossard looks good, but I’m not sure he can be relied on to stay fit. Clearly Knocky would have to adapt his game to pass more quickly, but he has the ability, but if we’re a goal down with 20 mins left and I’m looking at our bench for someone to come on and make a difference, I don’t think we have any options at Knocky’s level

Loads on here saying he’s a knob, trying to make out they know him. Highly strung yes, a couple of stupid sending’s off yes, but he is one of the hardest working wingers I’ve ever seen.

I would bloody love it (Kevin Keegan style) if he came back and could harness his stroppiness as there is no doubt he has the ability to play Potterball. I’m a big fan and have mostly loved watching him play for the Albion. One of our most exciting players ever imo.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
AK was fantastic for us we probably had him at his peak one of my all time favourite Albion players. Unfortunately he had personal grief and other issues in his life. Can’t believe some attitudes towards him now but that’s football supporters short memories I presume.

Agree with that mate. Why would any Albion fan line up to have a pop at Knocky? One of the best players we've ever had.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I loved his individual talent and a lot of his amazing moments were brought about by him being selfish at times. It wasn’t all the time but I must admit despite being a massive fan of his, his decision making and final ball at times were questionable.

If you think about that palace stunner, 9 times out of 10 that goes high and wide and you wonder why he doesn’t look for a pass. Swings and roundabouts.

You say that, but his rate of goals and assists must compare well with any winger we've ever had.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Thats true and always bourne out by his ''running stats'' in every game he played. Almost always one of the highest in the team every week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here