Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight shortlists candidates - argus

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
If it is Cotterill.......

........at least we are already starting to play the hoofing game so he won't have to teach them that.

........what happens when he fancies a go at Leicester after MA walks out? Just ask Stoke!

.........I fear it's going to be even harder to sell my tickets when I can't get to a game.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Every one of those three names makes me shudder:nono:

Not even that sure about Dowie but he does seem to have some Micky Adams type qualities about him that enables him to get the best out of the players he has to work with. Just a bit worried that if he does well with us he'll get The 'Ammers job when they fire Pardew.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Totally 100% agree Raphael and Mr and Mrs Brian (Cotterill would be the least worse IMO).

What with a Brighton defeat, rubbish candidates for Manager and Falmer going to be scuppered because of a footpath (according to the Argus) it's quite a depressing time. Thank heavens for Rugby.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Gary Nelson said:
did you phone in saturday about Tigana?

If so Harty made you look a bit silly afterwards about how bad a choice Tigana would be!
Nah text message...

What does Harty know? He wanted Wood & Hinshelwood, whoever he is gunning for will fail, trust me.

:lolol:

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
Possibly because it's Dowie and although not under contract is still working for Oldham and DK maybe wants to do things somewhat less hypocritically than MadJetSki.
I hope and believe you are correct

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If they are the ones on the shortlist, then it HAS to be Cotterill - my choice anyway.

Strange why they haven't named the 4th. Maybe it will be slightly controversial. Is the fact Dowie is not under contract a secret, as perhaps naming him having said he would not go for a manager under contract would upset Oldham. Dunno, just guessing.

Not BOB, please. I just don't understand why we would give it to someone with no experience of management.

Stuart Gray, oh come off it. He's had one go at it and was rubbish. It would be like someone naming Hinshelwwod on their shortlist.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Agree with the comments above, all three are shit, and if Tigana ever gets in the hotseat I'll personally pan Trigger's head in on behalf of everyone on NSC.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
FG, I'd rather see you as No.1, and Fred the Goldstone Argus seller as your No. 2 than any of the aforementioned.

Jul 21, 2003
well i shall be putting in a late application now thanks Cheeky Monkey, my style of prefered football is the passing ability of Warren Asprinal and Dean Wilkins , the grit and determination of Jimmy Case and the effort of Johnny Crumplin, i will also be inviting Deano or Liam Brady to be my assistant and i can assure Albion fans there will be none of this long ball stuff, any stupidity diving about all over the park and you will be fined and sent packing, i expect 100% in every game including LDV Van trophy games and will not tolerate players that have a go at their teammates (goodbye Cullip) nor will i put up with constant inability to pass the ball woith any accuracy and can reassure all fans the long ball with not be played for 89 minutes of the game, rarely will this boring ineffective method be deplaloyed.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i hope it the question mark who he appoints! i dont like the other 3!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Cheeky Monkey said:
FG, I'd rather see you as No.1, and Fred the Goldstone Argus seller as your No. 2 than any of the aforementioned.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Fred from the Argus. Yes. Yes. Yes.
He is good at cricket and horse racing as well. Never been to the dogs but he is probably good at that. Good all round sportsman.
Come on DK sign him up he will only cost a bag full of Argus every day.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I beleive that the reason that the last manager has not been named is so the argus can say "We knew all along but couldn't name him" line so they have covered their backs if it isn't anyone from the three names they have given.

Cynical - moi???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Davey Boy Smith said:
I beleive that the reason that the last manager has not been named is so the argus can say "We knew all along but couldn't name him" line so they have covered their backs if it isn't anyone from the three names they have given.

Makes a good deal of sense, especially when consideration is given to the ArseGas's choice to write about things Albion.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
That's a poor shortlist, there are many better managers out there. Like Dowie, Kinnear and Burton. Burton is a similar style manager to Coppell and did a great job before Wimbledon turned into Franchise, surely he is sick of being a No 2 at Watford?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Translation: "we have no idea who it's going to be but probably not these three bozos. However we just cost you 32p if you bought our rag or a large portion of your wages if you subscribe online. We're covering our options but Mandy is a very good journalist. Honestly."

Last edited:

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
my mate works join owns a shop with hes dad as is allways threating to boycott the argus and not sell it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here