• In

Votes: 60 58.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Ironic, you've been posting constant drizzle today pal. I know you're going to say the same in response, because that's the level of your thought.

But your constant moaning and bitching about everything about this football club is getting more and more annoying for me if I'm honest. You constantly demand Knight leave the club, and you constantly moan and bitch about individual players. People like you are the problem with this club.

Only Vulture could manage 108 posts and not a positive one amongst them.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Dick Knight saved us when no one else gave a f***, and for that we should always be in his debt, but the time has come for him to take a move sideways to president. We have become stagnant and depressing, apart from the stadium we are going backwards on the pitch and off it.
I really do believe it is time for some fresh ideas, I know some people are going to say don't rock the boat but I really do worry that we could kick off our first game in the new stadium in the conference, and if that happens, as a team (not the club) we are no better than when DK took over all those years ago !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Any suggestions for his replacement? I thought not.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Any suggestions for his replacement? I thought not.

Norman Cook? Prob worth more than Knight and is more of a man of the people, loves the Albion, well connected, could probably bring in other investors with the club's best interests at heart.

So you thought wrong.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Norman Cook? Prob worth more than Knight and is more of a man of the people, loves and Albion, well connected, could probably bring in other investors with the club's best interests at heart.

So you thought wrong.

He doesn't even want to become a director, what makes you think he'd want the burden of running the club?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I said dick should have gone years ago and if anything he is a financial burdon to the club after wasting more money.

:mad:

Anyone who thinks Knight should go now after all he has done for the club and with Falmer finally coming to fruition doesn't deserve an opinion. Some people on here are a joke. Why would anyone want the job when the man who had a major role in saving this club is now vilified on a weekly basis by a bunch of idiots.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Anyone who thinks Knight should go now after all he has done for the club and with Falmer finally coming to fruition doesn't deserve an opinion. Some people on here are a joke. Why would anyone want the job when the man who had a major role in saving this club is now vilified on a weekly basis by a bunch of idiots.
Dick had his time and we need to move on for christ sake,to many people live in the past:rant:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
after all he has done for the club .

Oh f*cking yawn. ANY chairman who was a fan of the club would have done their damndest to achieve exactly the same thing, it just happened to be DK who was in the hot seat. Does that mean that he should remain chairman of this football club for time eternal with the playing side of things going tits up and a massive question mark over the sacking of Dean Wilkins. Where's the transparency with DK?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
OUT - he has f***ed this club right up in the past 18 months - taxi for Knight !!! - he has cost this club a fortune and the best payment is to GO!!!!!!!!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oh f*cking yawn. ANY chairman who was a fan of the club would have done their damndest to achieve exactly the same thing, it just happened to be DK who was in the hot seat. Does that mean that he should remain chairman of this football club for time eternal with the playing side of things going tits up and a massive question mark over the sacking of Dean Wilkins. Where's the transparency with DK?

Yes because there were loads of fans of the club queueing up in 1997 and Dick Knight happened to be first in line. Some people really have got short memories. It is not even the fact that these people want Knight out, which is wrong anyway, but their continual attempt to rewrite history and suggest he has done no more than any other fan for the club. Knight should and will remain chairman of the club until Falmer, if there is someone who would like to takeover after that then it may be time to step down.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Norman Cook? Prob worth more than Knight and is more of a man of the people, loves the Albion, well connected, could probably bring in other investors with the club's best interests at heart.

So you thought wrong.
Is that the best you can come up with? :lolol:

As much as I like the bloke NC is a musician and a wreck-head, what on earth makes you think he could run a football club?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
How many threads do people want to make about DK??
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Sussex is a county with a lot of villages, so consequently there are a lot of idiots.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
There are, amazingly, alternatives to Dick Knight in/out/or indeed shake it all about.

1. An end to secrecy on the boardroom decision making process.

2. (Genuine) fan representation on the board - preferably by allowing for some form of shareholding to be made available (if Leyton Orient can do it, I don't see why Brighton can't).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There are, amazingly, alternatives to Dick Knight in/out/or indeed shake it all about.

2. (Genuine) fan representation on the board - preferably by allowing for some form of shareholding to be made available (if Leyton Orient can do it, I don't see why Brighton can't).

The board offered fan representation before, and there aren't many clubs where the board goings on are as open as ours.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

I understand these are alternatives. I fail to see what they achieve. In a financial/HR environment confidentiality is often a requirement so there will always be some things outsiders (including fans/clients) can not know. A shareholding is available for fans with the right level of investment - who does Dick knight support? How does having board members who are there solely because they support the club mean that the board reach the right decisions?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here