Votes: 60 58.3%
  • Fence

Votes: 8 7.8%

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Out . Make him Life President of the club.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The board offered fan representation before, and there aren't many clubs where the board goings on are as open as ours.

If they did that, it genuinely passed me by and there is nothing to stop them from doing it again.

I admire your ability to monitor the decision making process at 92 league clubs (or are we including the Blue Square, possibly Scotland and who knows who else). Barcelona seem to have done ok on the basis of being a membership organisation.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I understand these are alternatives. I fail to see what they achieve. In a financial/HR environment confidentiality is often a requirement so there will always be some things outsiders (including fans/clients) can not know. A shareholding is available for fans with the right level of investment - who does Dick knight support? How does having board members who are there solely because they support the club mean that the board reach the right decisions?

I understand the principle of commercial sensitivity in the taking of decisions and of course the need for confidentiality in respect of severance agreements; there is nothing in my statement that from which you could infer that I didn't. I didn't imply either that the board would necessarily make the right decisions simply by virtue of having fans on the board; indeed, the opposite may well be the case if heart ruled head. The problem as I see it currently is that I am no longer convinced that the board see themselves as being accountable to the key stakeholders in the club - the fans.

The Leyton Orient example is to allow small shareholders (I know because three of my cousins hold shares in them and they get to vote on decisions). It is no different in principle to holding shares in any company; the advantage at least is to get to attend agms and to see the annual accounts in plcs.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
40% saying out, now that is very interesting. At the beginning of the season you would have never seen more than 5%.

The tide is turning against you Dicky boy, saving the club all those years ago counts for nothing if you turn into a total egomaniac who eventually leads the club to exactly where you found us, in the shit in the basement division after the biggest anti climax of a season in the last quarter of a century.

You have been personally responsible for the mess we are now in, and we could be playing conference football by the time Falmer opens its doors.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
40% saying out, now that is very interesting. At the beginning of the season you would have never seen more than 5%.

The tide is turning against you Dicky boy, saving the club all those years ago counts for nothing if you turn into a total egomaniac who eventually leads the club to exactly where you found us, in the shit in the basement division after the biggest anti climax of a season in the last quarter of a century.

You have been personally responsible for the mess we are now in, and we could be playing conference football by the time Falmer opens its doors.

Post of the Day:thumbsup:

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(

You complete and utter moron!

Sure, none of us are happy with the current plight the Albion are in, mistakes have been made, BUT;

1) Dick Knight saved this club from a despotic archole, who was trying to destroy our great club for his own gain.

2) Show me ONE person who is prepared to put money in the club, until then, your moronic and childish postings do nothing for the club.

Put up or shut up, child!

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
2) Show me ONE person who is prepared to put money in the club, until then, your moronic and childish postings do nothing for the club.

Yep, there's a queue of them, waiting now for years:

~ to sink millions into a club that has a negative ROI in its very best years,
~ to do it in the middle of a recession,
but
~ will not make those investments as sleeping partners,
who instead
~ insist on the title of 'chairman' before they spend penny one,

and they're all being kept out because of Dick Knight's refusal to step aside as chairman.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
nothing.....

Hello Mr Lick

There have been offers though. Bill Brown apparently offered the money for a controlling stake and would have allowed TIght to remain but was refused from what I have been told. Also there was Perdew the health club guy who wanted to invest and has significant wealth but again was rebuked by Knight who wanted to remain the lord of all things Albion.

f*** you pal, I can post whatever I want whether you call me a child or not! I'm sick at the way this club is being run and saving the club over a decade ago doesnt mean the club can be run into the ground now.

D

Deleted member 2719

And how do you jump to that conclusion?

Where do we start.

Sacking Wilkins.
Sacking Adams.
Adams having to buy short term (loan) replacements.
The above decisions also look like putting us into DIV 4 so will cost us revenue from lack of tickets purchased.

Then getting a 22000 seater stadium in a division that will not bring in the supporters only initially, could just cost us ADMINISTRATION,then will Knight be a hero or an arshole, get him upstairs now if you want his Lordship protected from humiliation and get a fresh leader who can handle managers correctly.

So potentially Millions of pounds.

Knights only hope is Slade can pull a bunny from a hat.

Hello Mr Lick

There have been offers though. Bill Brown apparently offered the money for a controlling stake and would have allowed TIght to remain but was refused from what I have been told. Also there was Perdew the health club guy who wanted to invest and has significant wealth but again was rebuked by Knight who wanted to remain the lord of all things Albion.

f*** you pal, I can post whatever I want whether you call me a child or not! I'm sick at the way this club is being run and saving the club over a decade ago doesnt mean the club can be run into the ground now.

Dick Knight is not in a position to prevent any BHA shareholder selling their shares to whoever they please, so which stake/shareholdings did Bill Brown apparently offer to buy in order to give him overall control?
Same would apply to Perdew if he had/has a genuine interest, there's nothing stopping him, or anyone else, approaching individual shareholders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here