Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight Back him or Sack him!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Knotty said:
As long as I can afford season ticket (and probably even if I couldn't) I would renew - whatever division we are in.

What's the division got to do with the decision to renew?

They are my team. Always have been, always will be. That's it.
what he said .......

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Barnham Seagull said:
Dick Knight needs to come out and publicly back Mcghee and explain that he has not been able to give the funds for signings this season! And the reasons why (yes obviously its because of the stadium etc) Or sack him for poor perfomance!

Because Mcghee is sadly twisting in the wind at present looking like a dead man walking! As do his team!

Dick we need to hear from you aparthy is sadly setting in to the Brighton football public!

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Is it, what possible good would a public backing do. As soon as DK starts publicly saying he backs McGhee then people start to think McGhee is gone, it's as bad as a vote of confidence. The fact that he had 100k bid for Tom Brighton would IMHO serve as backing for McGhee.

If people can't accept that a shit ground, crap training facilities and the lowest wages in the division aren't enough to put prospective players off then people need to get their heads out of their arses. Now Mcghee isn't the best manager in the division but then I don't believe he's the worse, if he was the best he wouldn't be with us. He has screwed, but then who hasn't. However as I haven't heard of one sensible or realistic replacement then he'll do for me. FFS someone suggested Gerry Francis :shootself
You have to ask yourself, if you were a prospective manager would you come to a club were it is generally excepted by the footballing world that the manager is doing a great job with sod all yet the fans (granted the vocal ones) think the present manager is a c**t. Would you, I certainly wouldn't.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm behind Knight all the way and any of you who aren't need a good old slapping. As for Mcghee though, just don't think he's got what it takes to keep us up, but i've never rated him so i'm not too surprised about our current possition. I know he's not had shit loads of money to spend but surely we're better than the likes of Wednesday.

Lego-Stand

Nov 6, 2003
I personally back Knight and am grateful for all that he has done , Dick is always happy to accept the plaudits but strong leadership also requires him to accepet and deal with questions and criticisms during times of crisis - and yes despite all our well publicised problems we are currently a club in crisis

Brighton4eva

Jan 18, 2006
Exiled in Portsmouth
I personally back Dick Knight and Mark McGhee all the way.

Ok - so we are not having a good season, totally understandable when you look at the circumstances. The continuing Fight for Falmer, extra expense of the Judicial Review etc etc. What Dick Knight has done for our club since those dark days at Hereford has been nothing short of miraculous. We could be playing in the conference with no hope of getting a ground.

The people to blame for our current plight are in my opinion, Archer, Belotti and Lewis District Council not Knight or McGhee.

If (and that is still an IF) we go down - then I have every confidence that we will bounce back next year. We may be a poor Championship side but we are better than League One.

At the end of the day - as long as Brighton can play football - I don't care what division they are in. I will support them until I die and hopefully after then as well.

I do believe though that Dick Knight should issue a statement to let us know what is going on behind the scenes in respect to transfers and the latest on the Fight for Falmer. If Mark Mcghee had the money and didn't believe that the available players were good enough for us - then we should respect his judgement.

We have 12 games to go and we are still in with a chance of survival - we are not dead and buried yet and it is not all doom and gloom. Last nights performace was encorouging - at least they had a good go at them. The yoof are through to the quarter finals of the cup so the future is looking bright.

We need to keep the faith and get behind Knight and Mcghee. It will be hard enough for them over the next couple of weeks without us getting on there backs. Let them concentrate on the dogfight.

They are human too and have feelings - getting slated week in week out can't be easy - I know that I wouldn't like it - would you?

Apologies for rambling on - but let's get behind the team for the next 12 games - when the season is over then we can ask for changes

:albion: :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown: :albion: :bowdown:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
5 Litres said:
Was Knight our best striker? I don't think so. He was in the division below but he continually failed to perform at this level including a pitiful goal tally. He never appeared to give a flying f*** about things on the pitch apart from when things didn't go HIS (not the teams, HIS) way.

If Knight wasn't our best striker, who was (is)? Robinson? McCammon? CKR? Turienzo? Gatting? None of them are exactly any more proven than Leon at this level.

samparish said:
If Knight wasn't our best striker, who was (is)? Robinson? McCammon? CKR? Turienzo? Gatting? None of them are exactly any more proven than Leon at this level.

I don't know who i would say our best striker is but i would say CKR and Hart are better than Knight was at this level.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Currently CKR is our "best" striker with a whopping 5 goals.

The facts do not lie.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
5 Litres said:
I don't know who i would say our best striker is but i would say CKR and Hart are better than Knight was at this level.

Hart? Seeing as the goals-stick is the one usually used to bash Knight with, how many has he ever got at this level? He works hard sure, but that's about it - Robinson and McPhee ditto. I don't think the complete lack of invention in the side since Knight's departure is a coincidence.

Last edited:

Barnham Seagull said:
Dick Knight needs to come out and publicly back Mcghee and explain that he has not been able to give the funds for signings this season! And the reasons why (yes obviously its because of the stadium etc) Or sack him for poor perfomance!

Because Mcghee is sadly twisting in the wind at present looking like a dead man walking! As do his team!

Dick we need to hear from you aparthy is sadly setting in to the Brighton football public!

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

What? We all know Dick Knight backs McGhee 100 per cent and that isn't going to change.

Just how many more statements do we have to make about our financial situation? There is one virtually every home programme! In the Norwich programme, even their chairman devoted his entire two pages of notes at the front of his programme to it! What the f*** is there new to say? What do you really want Dick Knight to say? It's been a shit season because we can't afford to give the manager the backing he needs to stay in this league?

In case you haven't noticed, we're still fighting and we've got 12 games left. There will be no throwing in the towel before then.

Repugnant Toad said:
I don't think the complete lack of invention in the side since Knight's departure is a coincidence.
Rubbish - Carole and Frutos contribute far more invention than that unprofessional waster.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
London Irish said:
Rubbish - Carole and Frutos contribute far more invention than that unprofessional waster.

oh s**t .... I'm going to have to agree with a journo :down:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is all very well people stating how we have done this and done that in the past 5 years but that is now history and we must be looking to the future which for this season looks very bleak.

At every fans forum DK tells the fans that we are not the lowest wage payers in the division by any strech of imagination and then in the next, when it suits him, we can't get players because of the low wages that we pay. If that fails we then revert to the training facilities and Withdean, which incidentally is better than most premiership reserves are used to playing on.

I believe that the time has come for DK to confront and ask him how he intends to overcome our problems and avoid relegation, and also if he is happy with the assistance he gets.
Once that is established then we may be able to move forward for next season in Div 1, which it is looking most likely to be.

I feel that he should then tell MM in no uncetain terms next season it is top 6 by Dec 1st or he is out of job and if MM is replaced then it is time for a complete clear out of the people that have helped him bring us down to our present appalling situation.

I do not think that anything will be gained by sacking MM now.

I had a problem at work once and my boss, who owned the company, said 'sort it out or I will and I start at the top'. I sorted the problem. Similar must be said to MM.

Last edited:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
BensGrandad said:
It is all very well people stating how we have done this and done that in the past 5 years but that is now history and we must be looking to the future which for this season looks very bleak.

Never a truer word spoken,all people on here go on about is what he has done in the last 2 years,if that is the case why did we sack Mullery?

After all he got us into the Top Flight didnt he??

Hi track record this seson is shite,and if you arent delivering the goods then you are out of the door in my opinion.

If I did my job as badly as M is doing his I would have been sacked months ago,

Get Real People,the blokes not up to it at this club.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:

Inventive dancing, yes. Carole could learn a lot from Leon's crossing and passing though.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many managers, the latest being Mick McCarthy state on TV that football is a results generated business where everybody players managers coaches stand or fall by their results.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I stated the fact last summer that if we carried our end of season form into the current season we would be doomed, at the time of this prediction I did not know we would also be playing this season for one reason or another with a significantly reduced quality in our squad.
If you take Magoos results over the last 12 months it makes depressing reading and ignoring all the excuses is simply not good enough and in a results based business he should be sacked NOW :angry: :angry: :angry:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Ernest said:
I stated the fact last summer that if we carried our end of season form into the current season we would be doomed, at the time of this prediction I did not know we would also be playing this season for one reason or another with a significantly reduced quality in our squad.
If you take Magoos results over the last 12 months it makes depressing reading and ignoring all the excuses is simply not good enough and in a results based business he should be sacked NOW :angry: :angry: :angry:

That my friends is sense and 100% correct

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here