Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight Back him or Sack him!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fosters headband said:
Sorry Yorkie but a lot of promises about strengthening the squad have been made since August, which have not materialised.

Not for want of trying. There have been press releases saying this.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The real problem with this "promise" of 4 new players is that we are a team missing a Championship level left back, several Championshhip level midfielders and a Championship level strike force.

So what have we brought in?

A Championship level goalkeeper, the ONE area of the field we weren't desperately lacking in.

I'm sorry but, much as i've been a McGhee fan for a long time now, this latest episode has really wound me up.

The board do give McGhee money, and appear to trust him with it, as evident in the Turienzo saga and the Tom Brighton deal that fell through. But he just isn't getting the players we need. I'm sure he's trying, but if he isn't succeeding then he isn't doing his job.

If we stay up this season it will be nothing short of an absolute miracle, and I really cannot see it now.

On top of this we've lost our best striker, proven at Division 2 level, and look like losing our faithful 'keeper, more than capable of Championship level football and not to bigger clubs, but because the manager has fallen out with them.

We can't afford to upset our best players and not bring anyone else in. I knew this season would be hard work, but we've shot ourselves in the foot too many times now and to be honest, I'm losing faith rapidly

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bluejuice said:

On top of this we've lost our best striker, proven at Division 2 level, and look like losing our faithful 'keeper, more than capable of Championship level football and not to bigger clubs, but because the manager has fallen out with them.

Wrong

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bluejuice said:
How is that wrong?

What part are you disputing?

Don't believe all you read on Nsc. because the manager has fallen out with them.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well Leon left due to a bust up with McGhee, that is common knowledge.

And if Kuipers hasn't upset McGhee then why exactly can't he even make the bench considering he's not inhured?

Was Knight our best striker? I don't think so. He was in the division below but he continually failed to perform at this level including a pitiful goal tally. He never appeared to give a flying f*** about things on the pitch apart from when things didn't go HIS (not the teams, HIS) way.

Kuipers has a very short fuse which has made him a major target of wind-ups from the players in the past. Of course he's not going to be happy at being dropped but do you suggest that McGhee plays Kuipers instead of Henderson just in case Kuipers oversteps the mark reacting to the news he's been dropped? If McGhee did that I would be joining the anti- McGhee bandwagon jumpers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Have Brighton been linked to ONE left back this year since dodd got injuried?

Are there any to be linked to?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Repugnant Toad said:
Of course ... completely different, then.

In that one particular scenario, yes.

What would people expect DK to say in such a statement? The reasons for our parlous predicament are widely known, and have remained the same ever since the disgraceful sale of the Goldstone.

I accept that people are frustrated at hearing the 'same old excuses' trotted out, but nothing has changed to relieve the constraints under which the club operates, and they will not change until A: Falmer is up and running or B: A super rich sugar daddy sweeps us off our feet and whisks us away to the promised land of the premiership.

The club have tried to bring in players over the season, but the players DO NOT WANT TO COME, it's a simple as that. With the exception of Crewe, anyone of the standard we require who is available will always get a better offer somewhere else. I don't like it anymore than the next man, but constantly bleating about something we cannot do anything about will not change it.

FWIW I now think we will struggle to stay up. But it's too early to throw the towel in yet. We have to make do with what we've got and keep fighting until the maths say we cannot survive.

I really do think that some supporters on here have taken the recent success of TWO championships and a PLAYOFF FINAL VICTORY for granted, and do not appreciate the herculean effort by the players, management, staff and board put in to achieving these amazing victories. All done against odds which would have crushed lesser clubs into the ground or recievership.

Personally I think the Lewes Council delay has had a pretty demoralising affect on the club not allowing us to celebrate the planning decision and look forward to a solid future. If you've got any questions, ask those scumbags.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Barnham Seagull said:
Dick Knight needs to come out and publicly back Mcghee and explain that he has not been able to give the funds for signings this season! And the reasons why (yes obviously its because of the stadium etc) Or sack him for poor perfomance!

Because Mcghee is sadly twisting in the wind at present looking like a dead man walking! As do his team!

Dick we need to hear from you aparthy is sadly setting in to the Brighton football public!

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Fair comment.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
They need to say something to persuade people to renew their STs for what is probabbly going to be a season at a lower level of football

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
As long as I can afford season ticket (and probably even if I couldn't) I would renew - whatever division we are in.

What's the division got to do with the decision to renew?

They are my team. Always have been, always will be. That's it.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Knotty said:
As long as I can afford season ticket (and probably even if I couldn't) I would renew - whatever division we are in.

What's the division got to do with the decision to renew?

They are my team. Always have been, always will be. That's it.

Nothing for some people ie you, something for the fans who are not so passionate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here