Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight and Wilkins resign!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I just wish for once you would think through what you're gonna say and put it forward in a constructive manner. That would at least open up debate.

Sorry don't really have the time to brain storm my thoughts then think of a constructive way to project my ideas. But putting it bluntly people will either agree or disagree, either way this club is crying out for investment and a decent manager!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Who's asking for brainstorming? Just a bit of thinking would be nice. Are you that thick you don't even know why you think what you do? I don't believe you are.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les, you have been quite aggressive quite recently old friend , I have noticed this, is it because you are not getting any at the moment

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Probably. Been training twice a week and playing on Saturday's and Sundays which is making me knackered. Apologies evryone.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
chill out old buddy

In fairness US, bhafc4eva keeps on and on, with little or no coherence or reasoning.

So, bringing in a new manager will GUARANTEE more crowds will it? Who do you qualify as a 'proper' manager? Someone on here a couple of weeks ago was talking about Jimmy Quinn, who's done a good job at Cambridge United, as a possible manager here in the future. Would the crowd flood back to watch us then? Or does it have to be Alex Ferguson? Why don't we get Mourinho in, he's not doing much these days.

And investment... I'm sure there will be some investment, in the very least on the stadium side. But that's not what you want, no you want some big-money investor to take over, because there's literally HUNDREDS of them wanting to take over League 1 football clubs.

DK has said that when the right investment comes along he will look at it. Wilkins is no Arsene Wenger but he's a reasonable manager at this level. And we will remain something of a tin pot club until we are lucky enough (if ever) to have some super rich man come in and take over (like David Gold). Such is our lot in the immeadiate future. Deal with it and move on. Seriously.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I personally dont have a big problem with Knight....he seems to have delivered what he promised...I know its not built but getting to this stage has taken one hell of a chairman and with backing of loyal fans...knight looks to have done it.

He has made certain little mistakes...-cant be arsed to go through my opuinion of what they are...but now falmer being built is the next step obviously to completing the dream...I can only guess for the board this bit of the proceedings is the fun bit.

As for wilkins, he shouldnt have been appointed in the first place - like mclaran as england boss...it was the easy option.

We just dont learn from the mistakes of youth managers..and after his first season of disgraceful runs of defeats and gutless performances..we should have known it wasnt going to dramatically change.

We do have time on our side...and if fans paying£20+ quid for tickets are happy with 15th place or a close relegation battle then fine...but I persoannly dont think its on.

The squad looks ok to me now...and baring maybe something creative on the wing....not sure the french blokes the answer..so ive heard..just need someone who can give service to who plays up front...and lets be honest any striker can put the ball away with decent service.

People are blaming forster..but I can only really remember one striker recently who could create golden moments on his own without decent service alone and that was bobby Z..

Wilkins game by game doesnt seem to be improving..if anything he's getting worse..

2 more defeats and surely enough is enough...My feeling is another manager could do better with what we have...performance and result wise.....we do need consolidation...but I dont even think wilkins is good enough for that...the fans dont want much, afraid you pay peanuts you get monkeys

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As I recall, BHAFC4EVA gave Deano 6 or 7 games (before what, God only knows). Well, they've been and gone and we're in the top half of the table and the cretins are still moaning.

It's beyond boring now. Byf, Uncle S, BHAFC4EVA,

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
some people are happy with mediocrity, I am not, get a film called Glengarry Glen Ross and watch the Alec Baldwin speech to the salesmen, I follow his mantra, never accept less than could be achieved

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
some people are happy with mediocrity, I am not, get a film called Glengarry Glen Ross and watch the Alec Baldwin speech to the salesmen, I follow his mantra, never accept less than could be achieved

You do realise the Baldwin character is there to exemplify the dehumanising and morally currupting effect of greed and selfishness? Not very Buddhist.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
that is my work mantra , my mantra changes as soon as I leave the office to a loving generous human being

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here