Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kitten stuck up tree

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No worries but it was a little disconcerting. My Dog legged it one day and was gone for the night. I did not sleep the whole night. It was freezing and I thought he would die somewhere. As it happened some Woman picked him up and took him to her house for the night in Peacehaven.

I bet the dog didn't want to come back to Southwick after lording it in Peacehaven!:)

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
ladders are too dangerous for that high up. Anyone who has suggested you get yourself up a ladder is not taking this seriously.

What you NEED, is some scaffolding :thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What I want to know is what youngster is doing out on their own at that time of night. What are the parents thinking of or are they sitting at home pissed as farts not giving a shit. Has anyone rung the NSPCK

:lolol:

Very much this. Frankly I hope the animal dies a horrible death so the disgustingly careless owner learns a lesson.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Had a kitten fall out of upstairs window onto concrete patio a few years ago - said cat is now lording it on sofa watching Come Dine With Me. She came in with just a sore leg.

However I would still be encouraging your's down - at least leave a light on so it can see which way to go it she tries.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I bet the dog didn't want to come back to Southwick after lording it in Peacehaven!:)

LOL. He almost looked disappointed to see me again.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Meggy at 5 months the afternoon after her neutering that morning was swinging about in the huge Oak at the end of our garden in Wales after squirrels
she had never been up there before
we reluctantly walked away and she came down almost immediately
he/she will find a way down normally backwards
the tuna idea is a very good idea

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had a kitten get stuck up a tree once. He'd managed to get a leg caught and was making a lot of noise.
Getting the ladder up made the branches move and was obviously making it hurt more, so I was thanked for rescuing him with a large number of scratches.
The next time he was up a tree making a racket, I ignored him. He was in for his tea. Little blighter.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
My poor son had to climb up a 30ft tree twice to rescue our kitten. After the second time of my son having his arms torn to shreds, we chopped down the tree.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Update:

Still up there, sounding incredibly sorry for herself and very cold no doubt. Will give one more try to get her down when the sun's up and then it's time for the fire service.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Goodluck.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Update:

Still up there, sounding incredibly sorry for herself and very cold no doubt. Will give one more try to get her down when the sun's up and then it's time for the fire service.

Just read this thread. Good luck with getting the kitten down Mellotron. I'm surprised she hasn't come down by herself by now. In my experience, cats/kittens usually find a way down from trees when they are hungry.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is there a gate nearby? I feel this story needs to be called Kittengate.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just read this thread. Good luck with getting the kitten down Mellotron. I'm surprised she hasn't come down by herself by now. In my experience, cats/kittens usually find a way down from trees when they are hungry.

Cheers Zeb.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
UPDATE: Pushkin is down! Finally managed to coax her down from my rickety wooden ladder against the tree this morning, just as the poor RSPCA bloke turned up.

Thanks to all who supported throughout this tough time, I'm just popping into a meeting with Harper Collins now to arrange the book deal (When Push Comes To Shove).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here