Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit tonight

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Was the white kit disallowed or was it not used because the kitman didn't put them on the coach?

I wonder if the club shop will be selling limited edition Leicester away shirts!

This story sounds like something off of Danny Baker!

EDIT: Woops - just seen your thread Scotty!

almost certainly the latter

listening to baker on the way home tonight, i had EXACTLY the same thought, and could imagine his cheeky laugh greeting the news that brighton and hove albion had THREE kits that all involved blue, had to bring out a one-off white kit when there was a clash in one game, and ended up wearing the oppositions away kit in another

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The players wearing numbers 2-11, how refreshing that must seem.

No, they mostly managed to wear their normal numbers except Elphick was in 5, Fraser managed to get a 22 and Livermore a 14.

The local radio commentators were taking the piss out of Brighton at the kick off saying something like "Brighton don't seem to know their numbers as Elphick should be wearing 24 but seems to be wearing 5, oh just a minute that looks like a Leicester kit he's wearing, yes in fact Brighton are wearing Leicester's yellow kit"

Hawesy he was not. Muppet

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why does our yellow kit not have a yellow back?? It really would be that simple.

Absolute joke. Amateurish. And don't get me started on the TITS logo... Grrrr!!!

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Quite. How hard can it be to produce a combination of kits that are highly unlikely to clash over the course of a season? Amateurish in the extreme :dunce:

It's actually very simple providing you have one kit a completely different colour to the other. Take leicester for example, one blue kit and one yellow kit. If they play away and the home team are in yellow, they wear blue. For the (unlikely) circumstances where the home team is in yellow and blue leicester presumably have a third kit which is a different colour again. There could be nothing more simple, especially if you are paid to make such decisions.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I believe we will be keeping the home and navy/yellow kits next season. I would hope that the other kit is therefore red or green or black or orange or even pink.

In fact, I would buy a pink kit :love:

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Shirley the FL should be authorising a teams selections so that this never happens. As far as i'm concerned only teams who wear a mixture of colours (like us) should even have 3 kits, but in thos circumstances the 3rd one should only be allowed by the FL is it is considerably different to the other 2. The situation this season is pathetic

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shirley the FL should be authorising a teams selections so that this never happens. As far as i'm concerned only teams who wear a mixture of colours (like us) should even have 3 kits, but in thos circumstances the 3rd one should only be allowed by the FL is it is considerably different to the other 2. The situation this season is pathetic

I've thought that for years, and totally agree with you. If the FL did have some kind of authority over this, it would stop clubs releasing multiple kits to try and make a fast buck out of the fans.

As you say, if you play in blue at home, have a yellow or red away kit. Simple.

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003

2389492532_d62e0bcabd.jpg

Pink shorts too??

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
were the yellow shorts ours? as i didnt think we had yellow shorts with our kits this year

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
were the yellow shorts ours? as i didnt think we had yellow shorts with our kits this year

I think you'll find in their inventiveness they've produced both yellow AND navy shorts and socks to completely prevent the likelihood of our kits clashing. Great job.

I might go on ask the club... I think I'd be a better kit selector than the morons in charge at the moment.

(Fore some reason this has really annoyed me! :annoyed:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here