Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit tonight

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Totally embarrassing. Shame on the MORON who picked our kits at the start of the season.

Yeah, nice, call the guys who run our club Morons, well done, you must be very proud of being able to use caps lock, spellchecker and everything.

Quite. How hard can it be to produce a combination of kits that are highly unlikely to clash over the course of a season? Amateurish in the extreme :dunce:

In truth, we have played other games this season against teams in blue shirts, and our existing selection of kits has proved acceptable, the referees have not had a problem, in this instance (and Shrewsbury) the referee had a different opinion. Perhaps the FA should agree the kits chosen, and the refs can get their fingers out of their arses and just try running the game, rather than constantly trying to make a name for themselves.

Like anyone outside of Burgess Hill knows who TITS are anyway...

Do you know who all the league one teams sponsors are?? Doubt it, that's because at this level, in the main, it is a local firm that invariably sponsors their local team, and they are rightfully proud of it. They are making the effort, helping to fund the club, and probably not getting a lot out of having their logos on the shirt, apart from knowing they are contributing.

I do love it when NSC gets hold of somthing and blows it up into a "sack the board" "Dick Out" type thing. You must all be great fune at a party. :bla:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Highlight of the evening for me?

Micky Adams telling the media afterwards that the players showed a lot of pride in the shirt tonight.

:lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
In truth, we have played other games this season against teams in blue shirts, and our existing selection of kits has proved acceptable, the referees have not had a problem, in this instance (and Shrewsbury) the referee had a different opinion. Perhaps the FA should agree the kits chosen, and the refs can get their fingers out of their arses and just try running the game, rather than constantly trying to make a name for themselves.

i think the point people are making is that having all kits involving blue is just a tad stupid. and who can blame the ref for making the decision that the teams should wear two distinctive kits - if a decision had to be made in a split second, and the referee has got to base it on a clash between two people wearing blue, then he is obviously going to be concerned of the increased chance of making a mistake - and with the abuse and scrutiny that they come under these days, its not suprising that a ref wants to avoid that

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
i think the point people are making is that having all kits involving blue is just a tad stupid. and who can blame the ref for making the decision that the teams should wear two distinctive kits - if a decision had to be made in a split second, and the referee has got to base it on a clash between two people wearing blue, then he is obviously going to be concerned of the increased chance of making a mistake - and with the abuse and scrutiny that they come under these days, its not suprising that a ref wants to avoid that

I 100% agree with this point of view, I was merely making the point that other refs haven't had a problem.

Me, I am colour blind, they don't think of that when they chose kits do they? I really struggle with away teams goalkeepers shirts so often looking the same as the outfield players. I have now learnt not to shout "handball" at the away goalie.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whatever way you slice it, when your home kit is blue and white, then having a blue and yellow 2nd kit, and a blue 3rd kit, ain't too smart is it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever way you slice it, when your home kit is blue and white, then having a blue and yellow 2nd kit, and a blue 3rd kit, ain't too smart is it.

Indeed. It's not a case of attacking the club for the sake of attacking the club. Sorry, but it IS moronic.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I do actually like the blue and yellow stripes, its one of our better away kits imho.
But it was always going to cause problems somewhere along the line.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I stood there last night convinced that this was the case. Mentioned to someone standing nearby and they looked at me like I was some kind of idiot!!

Whoever came up with the idea of an away kit that is just as much blue as the home kit is a complete fool. Oh and the third kit is er a shade of blue too.

Non league or what!!!

Mind you it got us the result.

I seem to recall Reading doing something similar and turning us over at the Goldstone in our pink away kit?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I stood there last night convinced that this was the case. Mentioned to someone standing nearby and they looked at me like I was some kind of idiot!!

Whoever came up with the idea of an away kit that is just as much blue as the home kit is a complete fool. Oh and the third kit is er a shade of blue too.

Non league or what!!!

Mind you it got us the result.

I seem to recall Reading doing something similar and turning us over at the Goldstone in our pink away kit?

Like the 'kings new clothes' everybody knew it was silly to have 3 blue kits except the club, and let's not forget, this was the same club who rushed out a 'special' kit when we played palace a few years back when nobody could see a clash.

As for Reading, their change for their blue & white hoops was blue & yellow hoops. Has anybody from our marketing team ever worked for Reading?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here