Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit for Southend

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do not normally care which kit we are playing in at an away game, as I do not feel the need to wear matching shirts with the players.

However what kit are we likely to wear on Friday. Bearing in mind Southend play in blue and all our kits have blue in them, are we going to have to release another kit for this game?

I have been saying this ever since the blue/yellow striped kit was brought out as there are a number of clubs in our division who wear blue or blue /white stripes. I cannot understand the logic of those shirts and would have preferred a completely different colour and would have suggested the flourescent kit of either Chelsea or Barcelona as is now worn by Oldham away (against Leeds).

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Southend Have 3 shades of blue on their home shirts, but navy blue shorts and socks.

I reckon home kit for this, but it will be interesting when we play Colchester, Bristol Rovers or Huddersfield away

Every away team should play in all YELLOW if home kits clashed, it would make things easier

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Southend Have 3 shades of blue on their home shirts, but navy blue shorts and socks.

I reckon home kit for this, but it will be interesting when we play Colchester, Bristol Rovers or Huddersfield away

Every away team should play in all YELLOW if home kits clashed, it would make things easier

Like in the 50s goalkeepers had to wear either red, green or blue as yellow was reserved for international games or like table soccer all home teams wear blue and all away wear red. end of problems with clashes, end of extra revenue for clubs.

Mind you the league could insist that all 3rd choice kits be a single colour like yellow or green so as to ensure no clashes.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I will be wearing (weather permitting) Adidas Gazelles, BC-London Jeans, a YSL polo and Peter Storm jacket.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What I don't understand is why we don't wear the stripes at places like Crewe where there is no colour clash?A change of shorts and socks only,methinks.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

then we would end up like those american sports where away teams wear the same colour (e.g. white). Ice hockey has that and all kits are made by reebok so as a home fan you always see your team in their colours playing a team in white (although trim in the main colour is allowed).

Yeah Go Soccerball:unclesam:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I really like the away kit, but it's been ruined by that horrid logo!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
I really like the away kit, but it's been ruined by that horrid logo!

Is there really a need to make certain words bold? Could you not just CAPATILISE it instead like a REAL man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here