Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kiosk Service etc.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
We had a bit of an issue in the kiosk near block G in the East Stand - my brothers were queuing up to get a beer (Kronenbourg I think) and it appeared that the barrel had run out. They couldn't change it as the 'cupboard was locked' and they didn't know who had the key. This was before the start of the match. It seemed that the beer was running VERY slowly out of the taps at this point, and they has resorted to only selling cider. The team leader was an awkward looking chap with long ginger-hair (hope this isn't you). He didn't really seem to be in command of the place, and I heard him tell someone in the queue at half time that the problems come because everyone seems to want a drink at half time. Well, yes. That's quite a regular occurrence at football matches for the past hundred years or so.

Fortunately, I wasn't drinking so managed to sort myself out via the secret alcohol-free kiosk.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
LOL - I've just spat my brew out reading this - very amusing - I think it's great your bothering to come on here and actually ask for feedback - I had a steak pie yesterday it was delicious - Millie had a hot dog although to be fair we always laugh and she says 'mummy there is more dog than hot'!!! The rolls are double the length of the sausage they should get smaller rolls!!

I got a hot chocolate when I first got there and now take a flask of fresh coffee for me - saves all the queuing even though my brother takes the piss out of me as I keep bringing more goodies each week - in face this week he asked me if I had a rug and whether I was going to have a picnic on the pitch!!! Cheeky sod!!!!

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
The kiosks always seem to struggle to keep up with the supply of Harvey's, whereas there is always an over-abundance of the fizzy piss stacked up for sale. There is never a problem buying Harvey's from the single stands except they don't take a swipe card, so you have to take a wedge of cash as well, which defeats the object. The sooner they take the cards the better (I know this isn't your problem but pass it on :))

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
What a moaner! I have to agree with Ernest I would have told you to stick the pie where the sun don't shine. Are you quite old and grumpy???

Reasonably old and grumpy actually, thanks for pointing that out.

It wasn't really a moan (honestly!), the OP asked for actual fact-based feedback and I supplied some.

To be honest generally the service has always been good, pie's nice, Harveys nice and staff polite.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was in the WSU south end and my brother, nephew and myself all tried the new Balti pies. Thought mine was ok but my brother and nephew were not happy with the lack of chicken and curry flavour. When they had eaten the whole pie, it was then that they noticed the box was marked vegetarian.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
We had a bit of an issue in the kiosk near block G in the East Stand - my brothers were queuing up to get a beer (Kronenbourg I think) and it appeared that the barrel had run out. They couldn't change it as the 'cupboard was locked' and they didn't know who had the key. This was before the start of the match. It seemed that the beer was running VERY slowly out of the taps at this point, and they has resorted to only selling cider. The team leader was an awkward looking chap with long ginger-hair (hope this isn't you). He didn't really seem to be in command of the place, and I heard him tell someone in the queue at half time that the problems come because everyone seems to want a drink at half time. Well, yes. That's quite a regular occurrence at football matches for the past hundred years or so.

Fortunately, I wasn't drinking so managed to sort myself out via the secret alcohol-free kiosk.

Yeah I have heard about this issue (that's not me, don't worry, haha!) the issue was that the general public tended to let themselves into the stockrooms, and obviously this wasn't exactly a desirable situation. So they've had to keep these rooms locked. HOWEVER. The management are now in the process of sorting out an extra set of keys for each kiosk so they can keep the doors locked but still have access. That should sort the problem.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
LOL - I've just spat my brew out reading this - very amusing - I think it's great your bothering to come on here and actually ask for feedback - I had a steak pie yesterday it was delicious - Millie had a hot dog although to be fair we always laugh and she says 'mummy there is more dog than hot'!!! The rolls are double the length of the sausage they should get smaller rolls!!

I got a hot chocolate when I first got there and now take a flask of fresh coffee for me - saves all the queuing even though my brother takes the piss out of me as I keep bringing more goodies each week - in face this week he asked me if I had a rug and whether I was going to have a picnic on the pitch!!! Cheeky sod!!!!

Believe it or not I say the exact same thing about the hot dogs! I think the sausages themselves are delicious, but would be much better off with smaller buns. Raising this issue with management continually.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What pie would you recommend, going to pop my cherry on the pie front this Thursday...............

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
What happens if you've taken a bite before you realise?

Shouldn't be a problem at all! We always try and make sure we give you what you ordered. Though obviously if half the burger's gone when you bring it back we may not be able to help you! Haha!

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Was in the WSU south end and my brother, nephew and myself all tried the new Balti pies. Thought mine was ok but my brother and nephew were not happy with the lack of chicken and curry flavour. When they had eaten the whole pie, it was then that they noticed the box was marked vegetarian.

Peculiar! Perhaps the chef was a bit rushed!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that the pies do not represent VFM good tasting but too expensive. Interesting to note that Macclefield, I think it was, were voted the best pies at football grounds.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
The kiosks always seem to struggle to keep up with the supply of Harvey's, whereas there is always an over-abundance of the fizzy piss stacked up for sale. There is never a problem buying Harvey's from the single stands except they don't take a swipe card, so you have to take a wedge of cash as well, which defeats the object. The sooner they take the cards the better (I know this isn't your problem but pass it on :))

I will do so happily. Problem with Harvey's is that it just takes SO LONG to pour a single pint. We don't have it on tap for some reason, always in individual barrels. Very inconvenient. Combine that with the fact that we're not really supposed to have it pre-poured, because it settles funny if it's left standing for more than a few minutes. Harvey's itself is a good beer, I love it. But it's not the most retailer-friendly.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I will do so happily. Problem with Harvey's is that it just takes SO LONG to pour a single pint. We don't have it on tap for some reason, always in individual barrels. Very inconvenient. Combine that with the fact that we're not really supposed to have it pre-poured, because it settles funny if it's left standing for more than a few minutes. Harvey's itself is a good beer, I love it. But it's not the most retailer-friendly.

I think it's much better from the portable ones to be honest, well at least yesterday.

I bought four yesterday for me and my brother over a period and didn't have to queue either time. We were the only ones there.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Stock levels are finally getting to a much more useful level. We actually had more than needed this time, as opposed to the several weeks that we've run out by half time. The problem was with piglet's pantry (the company who supply our pies) before now. They've since posted an apology to Albion fans and staff on their website (and Twitter and Facebook pages) for being inefficient and generally buggering up the orders.

I haven't been able to find any apologies from piglets on any of the places you mention, not that I think there should be, from them!
I don't think you will make many friends by trying to lay the blame at their door, wherever it lies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What pie would you recommend, going to pop my cherry on the pie front this Thursday...............

Well I've read the steak ones are supposed to me the best, but I don't like them. Obviously high quality ingredients - but don't do it for me.

The chicken and ham ones are very nice. I'm a bit fussy about the above - because they are the kind I make at home.

I can honestly say that every pie I've had is "Waitrose Quality". i.e. the best you can expect from something made on mass like that. Which is very good.

The comment about being "not value for money" above is frankly rubbish. They are bloody good value for money and whilst they may have suffered slightly from the higher production, the quality of the ingredients hasn't. It stands out.

You get what you pay for. Pay a couple of quid and get meat slurry. Make a chicken and ham like that at home and you would struggle it in at that price.

So the price is honest and reflects the ingredients. Some people would rather pay next to nothing and shove some unidentifiable protein in their gob. Not me.

I would enjoy a home made one more, since I think the box is mucking them up a bit. The pastry is being allowed to steam - making it soggy. That's my only criticism.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I think that the pies do not represent VFM good tasting but too expensive. Interesting to note that Macclefield, I think it was, were voted the best pies at football grounds.

It was Morecambe. They said they made a thousand and sold them all. :salute:

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
I haven't been able to find any apologies from piglets on any of the places you mention, not that I think there should be, from them!
I don't think you will make many friends by trying to lay the blame at their door, wherever it lies.

Untitled.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here