Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny

Brian Fairey

Southern Scouse
Dec 12, 2011
The scouser talks football and everyone sits up. I guess that's why Liverpool is the home of English football (well, along with Falmer).

King Kenny has done a marvellous job. First trophy of the moden era just about to come up too. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thing is, until LFC fans accept that their club is roughly on a standing with Newcastle nowadays they will continue to be disappointed, due to their insanely unrealistic expectations.

They've probably fallen behind Newcastle now, when you look at attendences.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The scouser talks utter shit and everyone laughs at him. I guess that's why Liverpool fans are the laughing stock of English football.

King Kenny has done a marvellous job. First trophy of the moden era just about to come up too. :thumbsup:

Corrected.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thing is, until LFC fans accept that their club is roughly on a standing with Newcastle nowadays they will continue to be disappointed, due to their insanely unrealistic expectations.

Newcastle have an extra 35 million in the bank though, not too mention the laughs.

RedSteve65

Apr 3, 2011
I watch a lot of Liverpool games and think that there are a couple of points that are worth considering:

1. Liverpol fans (whilst being frustrated at the lack of goals being scored) feel much more confident about the direction that Liverpool are going in. Under Dalglish they are playing more attractive football. The results are better and Liverpool are in a better position than under Hodgson.
2. I am currently reading Pepe Reina's autobiography and he is complimentary of the "feel good" factor under Dalglish. Under Hodgson he was asked to change his style of goal-keeping because Liverpool wanted to defend deeper. Under Dalglish they are defending higher up the pitch with Reina acting as a sweeper-keeper. They now have one of the best defensive records in the Premiership.
3. The fascination with Carroll's price tag is a little tiresome. I agree that he is playing poorly and at the moment cannot be considered a good buy. But the fact is that when Torres stated that he wanted to leave Liverpool (Comolli & Dalglish) identified Carroll as their preferred replacement. The Board agreed and decided that they wanted £15m + Carroll for Torres. If Carroll had been priced at £5m they would have wanted £20m for Torress. If Carroll had been priced at £50m they would have insisted on £65m for Torress. When they were quoted £35m for Carroll they simply told Chelsea that they wanted £50m for Torres; which Chelsea were willing to pay. The debate should be whether Carroll is good enough to play for Liverpool (& indeed in the Premiership); not whether he is worth £35m.
4. Hodgson has had opportunites at a higher level previously (Milan for example). In my opinion his natural levele is taking "lower" (no disrespect to Fulham & WBA intended) teams and making them safe in the Premiership. He has done an excellent job at WBA and did an excellent job at Fulham. For probably the only time in my life I agreed with Al Fayed when he said that Hodgson would be making a mistake if he joined Liverpool.

In short Liverpool fans have more to be optimistic about under Dalglish than under Hodgson and surely the point is supporting a football team is to feel good!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
3. The fascination with Carroll's price tag is a little tiresome. I agree that he is playing poorly and at the moment cannot be considered a good buy. But the fact is that when Torres stated that he wanted to leave Liverpool (Comolli & Dalglish) identified Carroll as their preferred replacement. The Board agreed and decided that they wanted £15m + Carroll for Torres. If Carroll had been priced at £5m they would have wanted £20m for Torress. If Carroll had been priced at £50m they would have insisted on £65m for Torress. When they were quoted £35m for Carroll they simply told Chelsea that they wanted £50m for Torres; which Chelsea were willing to pay. The debate should be whether Carroll is good enough to play for Liverpool (& indeed in the Premiership); not whether he is worth £35m.

Is it only me that thinks that sounds like a very retarded way of doing business?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Some of you lot really are soft in the head.

Woy is a lower Prem manager at best. He was always going to f*** it up at LFC, the most storied and successful club in the world. He just doesn't have the class to succeed at such a great club.

If you invite a tramp into your house for Sunday lunch, don't be surprised if he wipes his cock on the curtains on the way out.

Andy Carroll is a great player. Probably the best English striker at the moment. If it wasn't Liverpool and the fact that the whole world loves to take pot shots at us, you'd agree with me. He's the main reason Suarez has been so good until that laughable ban by the FA ruled him out (which looks like ANOTHER conspiracy against us).

What a huge pile of crap. You will keep making excuses for Kenny, until he ends up getting the huff and walks out. It is laughable that some of the Liverpool fans talk so much shite. The old one about Saint Steven Gerrard being a one club hero, for a start. The only reason he didn't sign for Chelsea, is because some of your more classy fans burnt his shirt, and even threatened members of his family allegedly. If that is where all that glory gets you, you can keep it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Liverpool have replaced Champions League-quality players with Europa League players. Tottenham have managed to do the reverse.

2. The Hicks / Gillette period of instability - and the attendant fall-out - has meant they've had to pay over the odds for players.

3. Spurs are ahead of Liverpool in the race to move into a new stadium, so Liverpool's only hope of getting above Spurs is if Harry goes and his replacement has a mare.

I think until Liverpool have a new stadium they're permanently 6th which means Europa League, which means fixture congestion, which makes it difficult to break into the Top 4, so they'll be in a vicious cycle for the foreseeable future.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Some of you lot really are soft in the head.

Woy is a lower Prem manager at best. He was always going to f*** it up at LFC, the most storied and successful club in the world. He just doesn't have the class to succeed at such a great club.

If you invite a tramp into your house for Sunday lunch, don't be surprised if he wipes his cock on the curtains on the way out.

Andy Carroll is a great player. Probably the best English striker at the moment. If it wasn't Liverpool and the fact that the whole world loves to take pot shots at us, you'd agree with me. He's the main reason Suarez has been so good until that laughable ban by the FA ruled him out (which looks like ANOTHER conspiracy against us).

Better than Rooney? Really? and i suppose Downing is also England's best winger?

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Absolute bollocks.

EASILY behind Rooney and Darren Bent. Probably on a par with Crouch and Zamora in terms of effectiveness for their respective teams. Take your head out of the sand.

Two goals against premier league opposition this year, puts him on a par with: Leroy Lita, Kevin Davies, Jay Bothroyd and Victor Anichebe

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Just one year on, LFC have won at Stamford Bridge 3 times, the Emirates, and the Etihad.
In many games, e.g. Man Utd & Man City at home, they outplayed top opposition with relentless attacking football.

The usual anti Kenny wind-up thread is amusing, but tomorrows papers & radio shows will be dominated by the newer wind-up ... mega club Arsenal losing at little old Swansea.

And mighty Liverpool has drawn at home this season to Stoke, Blackburn, "little old" Swansea, Norwich and Sunderland!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it only me that thinks that sounds like a very retarded way of doing business?

No. It's crap. Normal people would have negotiated the two deals with a degree of seperation. I sounds like face saving PR spin after they got stung for 35m.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I watch a lot of Liverpool games and think that there are a couple of points that are worth considering:

1. Liverpol fans (whilst being frustrated at the lack of goals being scored) feel much more confident about the direction that Liverpool are going in. Under Dalglish they are playing more attractive football. The results are better and Liverpool are in a better position than under Hodgson.
2. I am currently reading Pepe Reina's autobiography and he is complimentary of the "feel good" factor under Dalglish. Under Hodgson he was asked to change his style of goal-keeping because Liverpool wanted to defend deeper. Under Dalglish they are defending higher up the pitch with Reina acting as a sweeper-keeper. They now have one of the best defensive records in the Premiership. He will not do much at Liverpool and it will all end in tears. It's a scouse version of Mickey Adams' second coming.
4. Hodgson has had opportunites at a higher level previously (Milan for example). In my opinion his natural levele is taking "lower" (no disrespect to Fulham & WBA intended) teams and making them safe in the Premiership. He has done an excellent job at WBA and did an excellent job at Fulham. For probably the only time in my life I agreed with Al Fayed when he said that Hodgson would be making a mistake if he joined Liverpool.

In short Liverpool fans have more to be optimistic about under Dalglish than under Hodgson and surely the point is supporting a football team is to feel good!

When I read a quote from Dalglish stating he was looking forward to the two new wingers (names escape me) putting in crosses for Carole to nod in my mind was made up that Dalglish is a dinosaur. His Suarez comments cemented this opinion. In some many ways the last 20-30 years never happened as far as Kenny is concerned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here