Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
I don't particularly like LFC but I can see some dramatic improvements since King Kenny has gone back there. For one, they are certainly no pushovers in the big games anymore.

I think the difficulty that KD has faced has been the absence of Gerrard and his 10-15 goals every year. When your forwards are not firing you need someone to take a bit of that responsibility off of your shoulders so you can concentrate on your overall performance. In fairness, Henderson, Downing and Adam as the other new additions haven't contributed enough in respect to goals and you always need at least two midfielders to chip-in if you are to have any kind of success over a season (I'd add Kuyt to that list as someone who hack been slack infront of goals this season).

I feel for Andy Carroll. He signed when he was injured (I was amazed by this due to the trouble they had with Aquilani) and was consequently unable to get a couple of games under his belt immediately meaning that when he did eventually play it was a bit of a circus. Unless he scored in his first ten games he would have been hounded by people due to the astonishing price tag (not his fault) and the incredible haste with which the transfer was pushed through.

Something else I find confusing is that in Downing they have a ready made old-fashioned winger and in Carroll they have a 1940's type centre forward or number 9. Yet they prefer to play Downing on the right, negating his (and Carroll's) main strength of crossing the ball early for Carroll to attack it. This is odd.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't really understand what southerners and mancs have got against LFC and scousers to be honest. :shrug:
Us southerners have got nothing against you. With the mancs its obviously different as the two cities don't like each other, but we really don't give a shit. All we're doing on this thread is pointing out the inaccuracies in your posts and laughing at your slighlty-deluded view of the power structure of English football in the 21st century. You used to be good, really good, back in the 1970s and 80s, but as neutrals we can see that the two Manchester clubs are now streets ahead of you and you're now on the same level as the Newcastles and Villas of this world. If it's any consolation I don't think you'll sink much lower, in other words I can't see you following the likes of Wolves or even Blackpool into obscurity.

But if you don't like our opinions perhaps you are betting off posting on a Liverpool board with people who share your mindset.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I don't really understand what southerners and mancs have got against LFC and scousers to be honest. :shrug:

Seeing as Carroll is the best striker in England, I actually think the gap should have been smaller than £15m. Torres doesn't even play for Spain these days does he? And he's scored like three goals for Chelsea since he joined. £50m what a laff.

Yes, better than Rooney. I'd score goals in that team, ya soft get! And what does Rooney do for England? That's right, he scores goals. But only against crap teams. Against the good ones he consistently gets marked out of the game or gets sent off like the gobby little toffee he is.

Give Carroll a chance for England and he will score a shedload.

Downing is also top 2 or 3 wingers, yea. Better than Walcott anyway.

Doubt that will be happening the only thing he'll be doing in the England squad this year will be cleaning Daniel Sturridge's boots.

Milner, Adam Johnson, Young and Walcott are miles ahead of Downing in the pecking order.

Sad, sad deluded Scouser. I look forward to you buying your usual over-priced mediorce players in the summer then proclaiming "this will be our year!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here