Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really, struggle to believe Carroll is only on £60,000 a week.

Googling it came up with £70,000. It's still £3.5m per annum, compared to Championship strikers who earn £300,000 to £550,000 per year.

Behind the headline transfer fees, Man City and Chelsea are forking out mega bucks on wages, which ManUtd (excepting Rooney), LFC, Spurs & Arsenal cannot afford.

Hence why the Aguero's of this world head to Etihad or Stamford, for the oil/gas money.

Feb 14, 2010
Googling it came up with £70,000. It's still £3.5m per annum, compared to Championship strikers who earn £300,000 to £550,000 per year.

Behind the headline transfer fees, Man City and Chelsea are forking out mega bucks on wages, which ManUtd (excepting Rooney), LFC, Spurs & Arsenal cannot afford.

Hence why the Aguero's of this world head to Etihad or Stamford, for the oil/gas money.

It is funny how that understanding was not afforded to Hodgson. Almost as amazing as King Kenny working all his life in football and still being taken to the cleaners over Carroll. Bottom line is King Kenny wanted the job, the players then fooked about until he got the job, and then when he did, he spaffed £millions up the wall on an old fashioned English centre forward

Brian Fairey

Southern Scouse
Dec 12, 2011
Some of you lot really are soft in the head.

Woy is a lower Prem manager at best. He was always going to f*** it up at LFC, the most storied and successful club in the world. He just doesn't have the class to succeed at such a great club.

If you invite a tramp into your house for Sunday lunch, don't be surprised if he wipes his cock on the curtains on the way out.

Andy Carroll is a great player. Probably the best English striker at the moment. If it wasn't Liverpool and the fact that the whole world loves to take pot shots at us, you'd agree with me. He's the main reason Suarez has been so good until that laughable ban by the FA ruled him out (which looks like ANOTHER conspiracy against us).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Carroll + Downing + Henderson = £71m + 3 goals against premier league opposition.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Woy is a lower Prem manager at best. He was always going to f*** it up at LFC, the most storied and successful club in the world. He just doesn't have the class to succeed at such a great club.

If you invite a tramp into your house for Sunday lunch, don't be surprised if he wipes his cock on the curtains on the way out.

Andy Carroll is a great player. Probably the best English striker at the moment. If it wasn't Liverpool and the fact that the whole world loves to take pot shots at us, you'd agree with me. He's the main reason Suarez has been so good until that laughable ban by the FA ruled him out (which looks like ANOTHER conspiracy against us).

One of the funniest posts I've ever read on here.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I tend to watch Liverpool if they're on (and we're not playing at the time).

The football they played under Hodgson was woeful, he showed his lack of class in the short window he had. Liverpool were 3rd from bottom when he was there, and Dalglish took them to 6th, outscoring everyone else I believe in his time last season, playing good football.
Carroll is obviously a major f*** up but signings like Enrique and Bellamy have been great cheap signings. Downing hasnt proved himself yet and Henderson is only 21 (Carroll is still young too but that was a quick buy to replace Torres). Suarez was a good buy too, as was Adam.

The home form is a worry for them but defensively they're the best in the league (bar City, who have a game in hand) after leaking goals last season. If Suarez hadn't been given this ban they'd have that extra 5 points to be in the top 4. They've also hit the woodwork more than anyone else this season.

All this overspending is bollocks as they got £50m for Torres.

If they make the champions league they'll be title contenders next season as they'll attract good players for a more potent attacking team. History will prove me right ( :D )

In summary: Dalglish was a fine appointment.

And that is ace.

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No, I'm sorry, I WOULD be surprised if a tramp did that. Hell I've had scousers in my house (invited ones, not the usual ones that just break in to nick your stuff) and even they didn't do that. And I really don't see what tramps, cocks and curtains has got to do with Roy Hogson.

And I'm NOT saying this to wind you up because as a Brighton fan I'm not interested - but there is no way you are the most successful club in the world. And what does 'storied' mean?

Weird post.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So did you enjoy the 21st century treble in 2001 including Uefa cup, and champions of europe in 2005.
Bet you couldn't bare to watch the glory. :lol:

A NODDY treble and ONE European cup since the halcyon days of the 70's and 80s. Yeah RIGHT.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Liverpool were 3rd from bottom when he was there ....

Not true. When Hodgson was sacked, Liverpool were 12th: a year later, after spending more than £100m, they're lying 7th. Is that really such a big improvement?

Either you are 'avin' a bubble, or you're completely mental

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield

Cheered me up on a Monday afternoon :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Andy Carroll is a great player.
- Incorrect

Probably the best English striker at the moment.
- Incorrect

If it wasn't Liverpool and the fact that the whole world loves to take pot shots at us, you'd agree with me.
- Incorrect

He's the main reason Suarez has been so good
- Incorrect

until that laughable ban by the FA ruled him out
- Laughable? Incorrect

(which looks like ANOTHER conspiracy against us).
- Incorrect, it looks like racism being punished as far as I can see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You see, I believed this could be a genuine (albeit hilariously misguided) post from a Liverpool fan until the last paragraph. The highlighted text is just too ridiculous to be a genuine viewpoint.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thing is, until LFC fans accept that their club is roughly on a standing with Newcastle nowadays they will continue to be disappointed, due to their insanely unrealistic expectations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here