Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny

Feb 14, 2010
The scousers hounded out Roy Hodgson because (and as scousers they of course new best) King Kenny would make them title contenders. They are such a knowledgeable crowd at Anfield.. well they must be they and the press keep telling us so. As such, I expect to see King Kenny win the league this season...oh

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The scousers hounded out Roy Hodgson because (and as scousers they of course new best) King Kenny would make them title contenders. They are such a knowledgeable crowd at Anfield.. well they must be they and the press keep telling us so. As such, I expect to see King Kenny win the league this season...oh

They still haven't replaced the likes of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano and they've spent £75 million on three very average players in Henderson, Downing and Carroll. It'll take a lot of signings, a lot of money and a lot of patience before they will even be considered as a top four side, let alone one challenging for the title.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They still haven't replaced the likes of Xabi Alonso and Javier Mascherano and they've spent £75 million on three very average players in Henderson, Downing and Carroll. It'll take a lot of signings, a lot of money and a lot of patience before they will even be considered as a top four side, let alone one challenging for the title.

To be fair, just how many players are there around who could replace Xabi Alonso?

You do wonder though whether Hodgson would have made better use of £75m

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
To be fair, just how many players are there around who could replace Xabi Alonso?

You do wonder though whether Hodgson would have made better use of £75m

That is true, but I think Raul Meireles did a decent job, though Kenny obviously didn't fancy him.
Hodgson was certainly more miss than hit at Liverpool; Meireles was a decent signing but Konchesky, Poulsen and Jovanovic were atrocious.
I think Hodgson will always be one of those managers that can pull something out of the bag with limited resources, a la Russell Slade. He certainly wasn't suited to the Liverpool job, and in my opinion, the Liverpool board did make the right decision to get rid when they did.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That is true, but I think Raul Meireles did a decent job, though Kenny obviously didn't fancy him.
Hodgson was certainly more miss than hit at Liverpool; Meireles was a decent signing but Konchesky, Poulsen and Jovanovic were atrocious.
I think Hodgson will always be one of those managers that can pull something out of the bag with limited resources, a la Russell Slade. He certainly wasn't suited to the Liverpool job, and in my opinion, the Liverpool board did make the right decision to get rid when they did.

Exactly, Hodgson's signings weren't brilliant, even Meireles brought next to no profit despite doing fairly well. But the money Dalglish has spent and the position they are in is far from impressive, and to be below Newcastle after the money spent is poor.
£35 million for Carrol was ludicrous, that's huge money, the sort of money that buys you world beaters. I thought he'd do better than he has done, but he was never worth anywhere near that money. Henderson was massively overpriced, as was Downing, Adam's done very little, and Coates has been a total waste of money.
They've spent far more money than Spurs, Arsenal have lost Fabregas and spent next to nothing as well as numerous injuries, and Chelsea have been below par, yet all are still a fair way ahead.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
King Kenny doesn't make the most of what he's got. I would play Carrol up front with Kuyt alongside or just behind. Gerrard and Adams in the middle, Downing on the left and Bellamy on the right. At the moment the 'wide men' supply next to chuff all to Carrol because they are playing arse about face having to cut in rather than cross it. I've never understood their obsession with playing Kuyt on the right. He must be one of the hardest working players in the Prem. I'm sure he would be much better helping Carrol out whilst Suarez id suspended.

I knew those 4 seasons managing in the Sussex Sunday League weren't a waste :lol:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
i don't know,i'm no dalgleish fan by any stretch,but he does need more time

liverpool looked very good at man city the other night,the tie could of been over in the first 20 mins

and they have won at stamford bridge twice this season

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Agree about Konchesky and Poulsen but Jovanovic was a Benitez signing.

Still think Liverpool were too hasty getting rid of Hodgson - he's done pretty well at WBA with a fraction of the resources that Liverpool have.

Feb 14, 2010
i don't know,i'm no dalgleish fan by any stretch,but he does need more time

liverpool looked very good at man city the other night,the tie could of been over in the first 20 mins

and they have won at stamford bridge twice this season

Agree he needs more time but the rubbish coming from Anfield when he took over was very very sad. The treatment of Hodgson was shabby and with King Kenny saying he wanted the job, then Hodgson was just not given a fair go.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
IMO Liverpool are a prolific striker from being the real deal. They are defensively sound but lack a cutting edge, had the Carroll money gone Aguero they would be further up the league for sure.

Feb 14, 2010
IMO Liverpool are a prolific striker from being the real deal. They are defensively sound but lack a cutting edge, had the Carroll money gone Aguero they would be further up the league for sure.

And who bought Carroll? Newcastle turned over King Kenny good and proper on that deal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The Man City £b's will prevent the likes of Chelski, LFC & Arsenal winning the league for some time to come. Money talks in modern football, buying the better players & affording their wages. (Man City & Real Madrid).

Did you ever watch entire games under the Hodgson time? I did, and it was awful, percentage footballl, that left LFC near the relegation zone.

Just one year on, LFC have won at Stamford Bridge 3 times, the Emirates, and the Etihad.
In many games, e.g. Man Utd & Man City at home, they outplayed top opposition with relentless attacking football.

The usual anti Kenny wind-up thread is amusing, but tomorrows papers & radio shows will be dominated by the newer wind-up ... mega club Arsenal losing at little old Swansea.

Feb 14, 2010
The Man City £b's will prevent the likes of Chelski, LFC & Arsenal winning the league for some time to come. Money talks in modern football, buying the better players & affording their wages. (Man City & Real Madrid).

Did you ever watch entire games under the Hodgson time? I did, and it was awful, percentage footballl, that left LFC near the relegation zone.

Just one year on, LFC have won at Stamford Bridge 3 times, the Emirates, and the Etihad.
In many games, e.g. Man Utd & Man City at home, they outplayed top opposition with relentless attacking football.

The usual anti Kenny wind-up thread is amusing, but tomorrows papers & radio shows will be dominated by the newer wind-up ... mega club Arsenal losing at little old Swansea.

Ask yourselves if the players at Liverpool were playing for Hodgson or whether there were things going on behind the scenes. Amazing how they started running around when King Kenny took over.. almost as amazing as how a bloke who has made a career out of football and football management could possibly pay so much over the odds for Carroll. If Hodgson had spent that money on Carroll then you would have heard the whinging for the next 30 years. But King Kenny..? Not a word. All so very sad.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And who bought Carroll? Newcastle turned over King Kenny good and proper on that deal.

Didn't say Kenny didn't buy Carroll. He was a panic purchase, and a bad one at that. Kenny is clearly aware and has already been linked to other strikers such as Bent, Llorente and Cavani, whereas Carroll has been linked with a move away. I suspect Kenny knows the Liverpool fans are hungry for success and their patience will be thinning out already.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Liverpool FC = living on past glories since 1990!

Meola = a misery hoping for happiness from schadenfreude, and ignoring LFC's countless glories in the modern era.

No surprise ManU win a lot (massive stadium = income earner, and the manager), and Chelsea & Man City did it with mega gifts of cash.

Doesn't mean other clubs should give up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here