Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Kenny Can't Stop The Rot

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
along with spearing and kelly flanaghan,with stevie g to return,,maybe they can get in the top 4 next season

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
along with spearing and kelly flanaghan,with stevie g to return,,maybe they can get in the top 4 next season

if they get a decent Centre Back to replace the aged Carragher, they will certainly make the race for the top 4 very interesting next year, they might even have a realistic crack at the top.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
if they get a decent Centre Back to replace the aged Carragher, they will certainly make the race for the top 4 very interesting next year, they might even have a realistic crack at the top.

They have too many average players to be able to challenge for the top spot. Their problem is Gerrard with him in the side in a free role they loose a man up front and he isn't dangerous enough to support a lone striker against the better sides.

They've needed to play a second striker for years, Torres cannot play on his own he needs a foil to create him the space. Apart from 2 or 3 players they are not much better than Stoke

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
LFC still have a collosal fan base and Anfield has an amazing atmosphere. Despite the old yanks nearly bankrupting them, in the last few months they have already beat mega-spending ManU, ManCity & Chelsea, amongst others; and as SkySportsNews pointed out, under Dalglish have the scond best results record; only marginally lower than Chelsea's.

Suarez is world class, and the likes of Spearing, Maxi, Meireles & Johnson are on fire.

They are rising sooner than anyone expected.

Could the bitter slagging-off here possibly be from Chelsea and ManU fans (or being their 'second clubs' after Brighton), who sound rather bitter.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have to say that I am astounded by the impact of Luis Suarez. The guy is totally unpredictable, he is at the heart of everything they do going forward! He's a little bit awkward sometimes but he is such a pain in the arse for defenders. I actually find myself watching Liverpool games now just to see what he gets upto! He seems to bring the best out of Kuyt and Maxi too, i think they have 15 goals between them in the last 8 games and Susrez has assisted almost half?!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They have too many average players to be able to challenge for the top spot. Their problem is Gerrard with him in the side in a free role they loose a man up front and he isn't dangerous enough to support a lone striker against the better sides.

you must have missed that Gerrard hasnt been around much in the recent resurgence. yes, there are some reletviely average players there, but apparently on second half of the season performance, they would be second. Meireles has turned out to be a decent player after all and even Maxi has woken up. they will have a clear out and bring in some fresh players, the youth coming through with the quality players they do have means they will be strong contender next year. Ferguson has just won the League with a fairly average ManU squad (past the first XI).

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Off to Anfield Sunday to watch a 4-0 Spurs defeat :sick:.

DALGLISH :bla:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's great news for the Premiership that Liverpool have woken up. As previously stated, Dalglish has got the best out Maxi Rodrigues and bought well in Suarez. But it remains to be seen whether Carroll can perform at the very highest level and he does need centre back reinforcements.

If everything clicks next season, we could see Liverpool genuinely fighting it out with Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd for the title. I can see Arsenal finishing outside the top 4 for the first time in a long time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When all said and done and much as I have enjoyed the ups and downs of Liverpool over the last few years (mainly because they were the 80s Man Uts in that EVERYONE "supported" them), I have to say it would be good if they can make a genuine challenge for the top 4 as they have always been a massive club.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Think Liverpool and Man City will overtake Arsenal next year unless they do invest in 2 or 3 new first team players. Can see Spurs dropping away a bit too. All in all should be a great battle for the top 4 positions.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He's a rare breed in the world of football. A genius as a player and a manager and a genuinely nice man who doesn't pander to journalists. He was out of the game too long and I genuinely think they'll win the league next year.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Could the bitter slagging-off here possibly be from Chelsea and ManU fans (or being their 'second clubs' after Brighton), who sound rather bitter.

Absolutely not from me! Was in fact one of those plastic Liverpool supporters from afar as a 10 year old in 77, but was quickly brought back on the straight and narrow by me old man!!

What I cant stand is the whingeing scousers harking back to a generation ago and still crowing about it. 21 years with no Title. 21 years! Shameful.

And now they have lost their Crown too. Cant stand United but at least they have something to shout about.

Walk the walk or walk on!!

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Only one or two clubs can pick up the silverware annually and in modern football, 99/100 it's the biggest spenders i.e Chelsea, Man U. And possibly ManC too if they can buy world-class this summer.

For example, the miracle of Ipswich, QPR, Watford coming 1st or 2nd in the 1960's to 1980's will never happen again.

So LFC and Arsenal not winning the EPL in the Abramovich era is absolutely no surprise. Money talks. These 2 examples for different reasons:
- Wenger is stubborn on spending and won't tackle obvious weaknesses.
- David Moores left LFC with a relatively small stadium, and Hicks-Gillett wasted £150m of club revenues on bank finance costs, out of real club cash revenues.

Dalglish, the new owners, and the blend of Suarez & Co and some great youngsters have done a great job in such a short time.

Be great one day if an Albion Academy can produce youngsters of such class.

Finch

Jul 21, 2009
New Zealand
Suarez has had such an impact, Liverpool have been really exciting to watch lately. I am hoping they make the top 4 next year, and with Man C ready to splash the cash, it will be a very interesting competition.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Only one or two clubs can pick up the silverware annually and in modern football, 99/100 it's the biggest spenders i.e Chelsea, Man U. And possibly ManC too if they can buy world-class this summer.

For example, the miracle of Ipswich, QPR, Watford coming 1st or 2nd in the 1960's to 1980's will never happen again.

So LFC and Arsenal not winning the EPL in the Abramovich era is absolutely no surprise. Money talks. These 2 examples for different reasons:
- Wenger is stubborn on spending and won't tackle obvious weaknesses.
- David Moores left LFC with a relatively small stadium, and Hicks-Gillett wasted £150m of club revenues on bank finance costs, out of real club cash revenues.

Dalglish, the new owners, and the blend of Suarez & Co and some great youngsters have done a great job in such a short time.

Be great one day if an Albion Academy can produce youngsters of such class.

Typical Scouse spin. Arsenal have won the Premier League 3 times since you last did it 21 years ago. Money is important but Arsenal have still managed it 3 times in the moneyed era. You are going to have to come up with a better excuse than that!

And as for King Kenny. You and a lot of others are hailing the Messiah 21 games in to his tenure. In my view he should be judged by what he achieves at the end of next season, not before. If he's top 3 in Premiership then fair play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here