Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

King Alfred..............delay.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1351781.0.delay_on_king_alfred_decision.php

A government decision on the controversial King Alfred development has been delayed indefinitely.

Brighton and Hove City Council gave the £290 million Frank Gehry development the go-ahead last month, but Ruth Kelly, Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, must also approve the plans.

An announcement was expected on Monday but the Government Office for the South East (GOSE) has said that Ms Kelly needs more time to consider the proposal.

The GOSE acknowledged receipt of information from the council on April 3 and was expected to take 21 days to respond.

But the Government office has issued an Article 14 notice, saying a final decision will take longer than expected.

Formal planning permission cannot be granted without Ms Kelly's approval.

City council environment director Jenny Rowlands said: "The letter is a formality issued when more time is needed.

"It confirms what everyone knows - that permission cannot be issued without Ms Kelly's approval. Nothing can be read into it.

"Our planning committee voted for the scheme on March 23 subject to the agreement of the Secretary of State.

"We just have to be patient and wait for that."

In another development, minutes of the King Alfred planning meeting will not now be published until after the election.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
If it had been north of Watford, it would have been built by now...

North-South divide doesn't exist? My ARSE it doesn't exist...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
good...that means she is spending all her waking hours drafting a YES reply to us and checking every dot and tee

OR SHE HAS NO INTENTION OF PASSING ANYTHING THAT MAY BENEFIT THIS GREAT CITY OF OURS

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Still can't believe the same old King Alfred is there as the one I used to go on school trips to as a kid. Anyone also remember the swimming pool at St Johns Park in Burgess Hill with that outside as well as inside before the Triangle appeared. All that remains of the old one is the rails of the old outside pool I think.

Seems as if it was never there now.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I blame Global Warming.....:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Piss poor design anyway, a kid could do better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here