Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Killer Whale kills Seaworld trainer in front of crowd

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever Tim. It wouldn't be that you are trying to get a reaction per chance :glare:

stevey-o

I am the walrus.
Mar 24, 2009
sadly not in Brighton
I used to work with a lady who was big in animal welfare and yet who liked a gamble on the horses. She said if a horse didn't want to run it wouldn't (I'm over simplifying but that was what it boiled down to). Her only objection was the fences at the Grand National, other than that she reckoned horse racing wasn't in the slightest bit cruel to horses.

Greyhound racing on the other hand she found totally objectionable.

Stumpy Tim

I used to work with a lady who was big in animal welfare and yet who liked a gamble on the horses. She said if a horse didn't want to run it wouldn't (I'm over simplifying but that was what it boiled down to). Her only objection was the fences at the Grand National, other than that she reckoned horse racing wasn't in the slightest bit cruel to horses.

If killers whales didn't want to do tricks it wouldn't. How's that?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

:thumbsup:. I think the fact when a horse falls or unseats its rider it runs with the others for the whole race often still jumping the fences. If it hated it so much I would guess it would stop and run off somewhere else.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If killers whales didn't want to do tricks it wouldn't. How's that?

Possibly because it is starved all day and then bribed with fish which it knows it will get if it performs the tricks.

stevey-o

I am the walrus.
Mar 24, 2009
sadly not in Brighton
I think that's the point Tim, unless I've missed something. Horse racing with humans on their backs and keeping killer whales in captivity are totally different without any real parallels. Horse racing is generally considered "ok" by people with an interest in animal welfare, keeping whales in confinement for entertainment is seen as a little off to a lot of people, even those not actively interested in animal welfare.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like the classy relevant reference at the end:

Sex shame golfer Tiger Woods' children were recently taken to see the show there by his wife Elin's sister.

Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch too. What's bothering me though, is that we still don't know if Love Rat John Terry has ever taken his kids there? I mean, come on, Sun journalists, we should be told.

(Jump, Willy, jump.)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we took our grandchildren there last year - not sure once we explain what happened whether they will be frightened to go there again or desperate to see the killer whale!

Tiger Woods wasn't there when we visited though :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As mentioned. This is what will inevitably happen (albeit rarely) when a wild animal is held captive and made to perform tricks in front of fat tourists. whether the animal is raised in captivity or not sometimes its genetic wild instincts are provoked. Having some flourescent toothed floozy massaging you in public would drive any animal wild!

As for the horse comparison, horses are not Hunter Killers and therefore are less likely to be provoked into attacking. However, there are plenty of incidents where horses have thrown their rider when the rider upsets or annoys them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I used to like the Dolphins in Brighton.

We've changed the name to Seagulls now, but no matter, you said you still liked those yesterday.:lolol:

Originally Posted by little al
Honestly??
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here