Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Killer dogs - The Sun this morning...

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Great. Today's Sun has a DPS on council estate youths who use their dogs as weapons. The photos, showing hoodies with their angry pitbulls, were taken on a patch of grass next to my son's nursery. Good responsible journalism, again. Well done. f***ing idiots.

Should devalue house prices in the area, though, so maybe I'll be able to get back on the ladder again :rolleyes:

*and no, I didn't buy the paper – was looking through the office copy*

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Great. Today's Sun has a DPS on council estate youths who use their dogs as weapons. The photos, showing hoodies with their angry pitbulls, were taken on a patch of grass next to my son's nursery. Good responsible journalism, again. Well done. f***ing idiots.

Should devalue house prices in the area, though, so maybe I'll be able to get back on the ladder again :rolleyes:

rappers like them though so they must be COOL.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yoofs with vicious dogs they clearly are unable to control is a problem in my area (Wolverhampton city centre). I really think something needs to be done. I'm not conviced of the dog insurance idea though - it doesn't solve the problem of vicious dogs, it just covers the damages they cause. Unless, like usual, I have completely misunderstood the issue.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yoofs with vicious dogs they clearly are unable to control is a problem in my area (Wolverhampton city centre). I really think something needs to be done. I'm not conviced of the dog insurance idea though - it doesn't solve the problem of vicious dogs, it just covers the damages they cause. Unless, like usual, I have completely misunderstood the issue.

Must admit, these dogs do make me nervous when I'm walking in the park. My two-year-old loves animals, but some of these dogs cannot be kept under control.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The insurance idea is utterly pathetic. The law-abiding responsible dog owners will do it (as they will be obliged to by law), but do the government honestly think some chavved-up scumbag on a council estate with a pit bull is going to bother insuring it ? And which out of these two types of dog-owners is more likely to have an aggressive dog they don't properly control ?

It does absolutely nothing to tackle the problem, except penalise everyone for the sake of the minority of scum.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
The insurance idea is utterly pathetic. The law-abiding responsible dog owners will do it (as they will be obliged to by law), but do the government honestly think some chavved-up scumbag on a council estate with a pit bull is going to bother insuring it ? And which out of these two types of dog-owners is more likely to have an aggressive dog they don't properly control ?

It does absolutely nothing to tackle the problem, except penalise everyone for the sake of the minority of scum.

Too true.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

What exactly is irresponsible about it?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom

They had to get a picture somewhere, are you inferring it was staged?

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I'm not a dog owner or know anyone who is. But was it not the case you had to have a licence to keep a dog?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I agree the insurance idea is a poor one. Bring back the dog license, ban breeding, and charge the owners for animal abuse. It's always the dogs that suffer in the end not the irresponsible abusive owners.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The dog licence was scrapped years ago because basically nobody bothered with it, and the authorities couldn't be arsed to properly police it. Was anyone EVER stopped in the street and asked to produce their dog licence ?

This dog insurance lark will go the same way. You've got vast swathes of uninsured scum driving cars, who only ever come to light once they've smashed something or someone up. Now you'll just have loads of uninsured dogs, and this will only come to light if or when their mutt chews some kids face off.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
They had to get a picture somewhere, are you inferring it was staged?

There are plenty of places away from that location where they could have been photographed.

What exactly is irresponsible about it?

Photographing angry dogs near to a f***ing nursery with babies and toddlers about is irresponsible, yes.

Last edited:

Just look at the type of person that keeps such an animal. Every picture tells a story. Listened to The morning prog on Radio 4 and they interviewed two objects who owned so called dangerous dogs. These people, if you can discribe them as that, will always tell you that 1. their dog is a status symbol, 2. their dog would not harm a fly ( then Bow wow goes and savages a child) . Certain people should not be allowed to keep dogs and certain breads of dogs should should be exterminated along with their owners

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
microchip all pets and small animals inc dogs
all animals then could be scanned if no chip then either destroyed or put in a rescue to be re-homed.
its coming
it has been for years
you read it here first
end of

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There are plenty of places away from that location where they could have been photographed.

Photographing angry dogs near to a f***ing nursery with babies and toddlers about is irresponsible, yes.
I'll agree to a certain extent, it's irresponsible conduct, i genuinely thought that you meant highlighting the problem of dangerous dogs was irresponsible journalism, it is one of the things that frightens me when my kids come to stay at the weekends, there is some twot near me who lets his dogs run around off the lead, and im sure they are pit bulls.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

Remember, there's an election coming up...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Remember, there's an election coming up...

Doesn't particularly affect me, I havn't got a dog, nor do I intend ever having one.

But if this insurance law is brought in, not only will it fail to address the problem, it will bring in a whole new one because you can expect to see a SHITLOAD of abandoned dogs by owners who can't be arsed / don't want to pay.

Well. Done. Everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here