Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yeah I hope so too.

And I think it will be the case...

Ride back into town... I watched the Albion play at least 50 hours of utterly unwatchable football last season.

The "revisionist attacks" on De Zerbi, bit like the revisionist attacks on Potter, are what they are. It fits your agenda to pretend that I'm the only one talking about the last season and our personell. It of course has no basis in reality; its merely you trying to win some cheap points.

There are dozens (most likely much more) ACTIVE members in here that don't go to games because of various reasons:

1. They live in exile.
2. They are too old.
3. They are foreign.
4. They aren't rich enough

You may not give a shit about what they think or feel about Albion, but personally I take any post made by someone like AZ Gull or Bakero over the dross junior or GB is feeding me with. Each to their own.

As for you advice that I should shut up because you don't care about my opinions. Well, you go first then, because I really don't care all that much about your opinions either. :shrug:
You really are an egocentric, pompous fool.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You were not on here when De Zerbi took us to our highest ever finish, nor when we topped our group in Europe. Yet things go wrong and you ride back into town to reinterpret everything that we lived through.

We liked Graham Potter when he was our manager. We really did. We didn't want him to go. It wasn't our fault that he did, nor that Chelsea was a disaster, nor that De Zerbi arrived and made us better. However, because he did, we liked De Zerbi too. He's now gone too and the usual form applies: We're done with the things we liked in the past and are concentrating on the thing that we have always, and will always love: Brighton & Hove Albion. We're not concerned by what has passed. We all sincerely hope that Hurzeler is better than De Zerbi. We know from what we've experienced, that it'll be a hell of a high bar.

We all get hung up on things, but please try to understand that your constant revisionist attacks on De Zerbi are of interest mainly to you. By all means write them down, but then keep them to yourself or head to Marseille's board and share them there. Without wishing to offend, it was our lived experience and very few of us care what you thought, from another country, months later. We were in the ground. We watched the football. At it's peak, it was by a country mile, the best football we've ever seen our beloved club play. Yes, we all knew that RDZ was an arrogant ideolog and we knew it would probably end in tears, because we had already had the same experience, at a lower level, with Gus Poyet. However, we enjoyed some performances beyond our wildest dreams, and in the Chelsea and Marseille games, some of the best atmospheres we've ever had at home games. We lived and breathed it. We were moved by it. I suspect that I was not the only person in the ground wiping away a few tears on the final whistle against Marseille. Our tiny club actually experienced one of those European nights that we'd been watching the big boys have on telly for decades! No dry, tactical analysis can possibly compete with our lived experience.

If you want to support Brighton, then by all means do so. Even better, travel over and do it. Love should be shared and everyone is welcome if they want to ride this train. Please stop endlessly finding fault with the last driver. We know very well what you think and finding a hundred different ways to argue it is not going to make anyone else care. We're travelling on down the line with a new driver and both Potter and RDZ got off at stations somewhere behind us.
Fabulous post.

It's really quite creepy his obsession with Potter. Unlike a lot of Brighton fans, I really liked Potter when he was with us. He was a brilliant antidote to what had become of Hughton's team, and he did a superb job in changing the style and when it finally clicked we were superb. I was gutted when he left, and then a few weeks later RDZ took it to another level altogether, and gave me the best season I've ever had in 35 years of going to the Albion. To try to go back and claim that RDZ somehow didn't do that because you have some kind of weird man-crush on the previous guy is a very, very odd thing to do. And it's even stranger from someone who has never been to a Brighton game in their life. I can't get my head around me doing something like that on the internet from my PC in Sussex on some mid-sized Swedish football club's messageboard that I've never been to watch. The idea is so weird it just doesn't compute.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I doubt you found it boring before we had like nine injuries at the beginning of the season.
RDZ flounced at the end and was always going to happen eventually. Whatever happened he provided European football for the Albion a historic moment.
Well, I actually thought it was quite boring earlier "this year", not the start of the season. Injuries was probably one of the reasons but it also looked like they didn't dare to try something that wasn't according to the way RDZ wanted to play, if that makes sense. Sideways, down to the corner flag and back to Dunk or Gross, then the same on the other side ... and repeat. Gestures to player that weren't "exactly" were they should be according to "the plan" etc. I just hope they get a bit more freedom under Hürzeler. There is always an opponent, and they don't necessarily (what a f*cking word to spell...) act the way you think they ought to act.

RDZ's first season (and Potters last) on the other hand was some of the best football I've ever seen, and one of the reasons I really enjoyed watching BHA. The bar is high now, thanks to Potter and RDZ, but I look forward to this season. I believe in Hürzey! Just keep the squad fit and it will be fine!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And yet, by posting that you’ve pushed it back to the top 😂
No, it was already at the top. Just needed a hint to stop people piling on irrelevant rubbish, or just thinking they were being clever.

Hint to the more dense: a full stop ends a sentence - it doesn't prolong it!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well, I actually thought it was quite boring earlier "this year", not the start of the season. Injuries was probably one of the reasons but it also looked like they didn't dare to try something that wasn't according to the way RDZ wanted to play, if that makes sense. Sideways, down to the corner flag and back to Dunk or Gross, then the same on the other side ... and repeat. Gestures to player that weren't "exactly" were they should be according to "the plan" etc. I just hope they get a bit more freedom under Hürzeler. There is always an opponent, and they don't necessarily (what a f*cking word to spell...) act the way you think they ought to act.

RDZ's first season (and Potters last) on the other hand was some of the best football I've ever seen, and one of the reasons I really enjoyed watching BHA. The bar is high now, thanks to Potter and RDZ, but I look forward to this season. I believe in Hürzey! Just keep the squad fit and it will be fine!
Quite obvious why we played like that the midfield was non existent as we sold it. A huge £180m worth of midfield talent gone would damage any side.
The fact RDZ had patched it up in the beginning of the season should be applauded. When those players also got injured to finish where we did was an achievement.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To offer balance to the predictable pile on of Han Solo/Swansman and unfair criticism of him due to where he happens to have been born and lives and is not a 50 somethings Haywards Heath resident, STH and life long Brighton fan. I’ve been a Brighton fan for 35 years, born and lived in Sussex for the first few years of my life and continue to return every week/every other week, went to the Goldstone/Priestfield and was a season ticket holder at Withdean and been on NSC since the beginning, blah blah etc etc 🥱 I have a lot of sympathy for what he says.

Even during the good start to the last season results wise when everyone was fit, there were posters on here expressing concern about how we were playing and that concern was borne out as the season progressed and we were incredibly easy to play against. We were not great for the majority of the season. Qualifying from a very easy Europa group masked a lot of failings. His ‘tactics’ and game plans were so limited and his total reliance on the individual brilliance of Joao Pedro and Mitoma was ridiculous.

RDZ had a golden period between October 22 and April 23 with an incredible squad of players built by the board and recruitment department he continually went on to vocally criticise last season, but outside of that, I don’t think he was all that at all. He’s vastly over rated and I’m delighted he’s gone.

Anyway, disappointed we’ve missed out on KDH as I think he is a type of player we really need but I’m confident that we will find a comparable alternative option.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To offer balance to the predictable pile on of Han Solo/Swansman and unfair criticism of him due to where he happens to have been born and lives and is not a 50 somethings Haywards Heath resident, STH and life long Brighton fan. I’ve been a Brighton fan for 35 years, born and lived in Sussex for the first few years of my life and continue to return every week/every other week, went to the Goldstone/Priestfield and was a season ticket holder at Withdean and been on NSC since the beginning, blah blah etc etc 🥱 I have a lot of sympathy for what he says.

Even during the good start to the last season results wise when everyone was fit, there were posters on here expressing concern about how we were playing and that concern was borne out as the season progressed and we were incredibly easy to play against. We were not great for the majority of the season. Qualifying from a very easy Europa group masked a lot of failings. His ‘tactics’ and game plans were so limited and his total reliance on the individual brilliance of Joao Pedro and Mitoma was ridiculous.

RDZ had a golden period between October 22 and April 23 with an incredible squad of players built by the board and recruitment department he continually went on to vocally criticise last season, but outside of that, I don’t think he was all that at all. He’s vastly over rated and I’m delighted he’s gone.

Anyway, disappointed we’ve missed out on KDH as I think he is a type of player we really need but I’m confident that we will find a comparable alternative option.
A Brighton fan saying a group consisting of Ajax, Marseille and AEK is "very easy". **** me.

But that's not the point people are making. We had a Minteh thread turned into a De Zerbi thread by Han Solo and now we've got a KDH thread turning into a RDZ thread by Han Solo. At best he's labouring a point we all understand and have moved on from. At worst he's publicly cry wanking his ego into a sock.

Either way it's dull.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
A Brighton fan saying a group consisting of Ajax, Marseille and AEK is "very easy". **** me.

But that's not the point people are making. We had a Minteh thread turned into a De Zerbi thread by Han Solo and now we've got a KDH thread turning into a RDZ thread by Han Solo. At best he's labouring a point we all understand and have moved on from. At worst he's publicly cry wanking his ego into a sock.

Either way it's dull.
It was no less than the competition's group of death! https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/23748948/europa-league-draw-liverpool-west-ham-brighton/

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I remember someone saying when Connolly apparently was ‘getting bullied’ he would become a top PL striker.
😬
Certainly wasn't me.

People were saying he at best would play in National League when he left Brighton. I said he'll play in the EFL.
I was right. As usual.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

Either way it's dull.
So tell me whats on your mind regarding Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall then?

Nothing stopping you from getting the thread on track.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Good God, every thread is getting progressively turned into an absolute suck fest…

It’s like an unstoppable echo chamber, with the same narrative being played out again and again… and AGAIN.

Akin to being stuck on the number 78 bus on a damp November Tuesday evening, my Walkman has run out of batteries, and I’m being forced to listen to two slightly drunk toss pots having the most boring conversation I think I’ve ever heard…

I’m going to get off three stops early, walk three miles in the tossing rain… JUST TO MAKE IT STOP.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To offer balance to the predictable pile on of Han Solo/Swansman and unfair criticism of him due to where he happens to have been born and lives and is not a 50 somethings Haywards Heath resident, STH and life long Brighton fan.
Nobody piled on him for that. I mentioned going to games only to make the point that an emotional response is not going to be swayed by an intellectual argument. There are fans from all over the world on this board, with any number of stories about how they came to choose Brighton, who all understand that football supporting first and foremost involves an emotional link to a club, not to one of it's teams, not to a player, not to a manager.

I supported this club through the tenure of Steve Coppell. I hated that appointment, but I didn't turn every single conversation into a discussion of his faults, because of some strange hero-worship of Peter Taylor. I didn't disappear when Coppell was having a bit of success in his second season, only to return when he'd sloped off to Reading with a never ending list of every mistake he might have made.

Nobody is gatekeeping who can support Brighton. As I said in my post, everybody is welcome. I'm just asking that Brighton fans support Brighton, rather than engaging in seemingly constant arguments about the pros and cons of previous managers. Nobody is going to change their mind and the answer doesn't actually matter anyway.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Either way it's dull.
This - I’ve used the ‘ignore’ button, but now this thread is derailed by individuals who I believe have something interesting to say, and don’t want to ignore….

I only go on NSC to discuss football and a few other bits, so when I look at a ‘insert potential signings name’, and get more BS about RdZ it is quite wearing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yep - NSC can be so binary at times! A year ago, RDZ was god - any questioning was met with the same scorn and derision as a vote for Brexit. Did Potter have any part in our success? - no, bo11ocks, it was all down to the genius of de Zerbi - Were we lucky to get de Zerbi, because of Russia invading Ukraine? Yes. Was de Zerbi lucky, to be taking over a damn good team that was just starting to fly? No, that was heresy - it was all down to RDZ, nothing to do with Potter!

Come the 23-24 season, it started well - up until Roma away anyway, We had injuries (not RDZ's faut); we had sold our midfield and not replaced them (well, we had, but certainly not adequately) - not RDZ's fault; we had allowed RDZ to by-pass the recruitment team (allegedly, but generally accepted) for Dahoud and Fati ........hmmmmm. The f*ck up on the GK situation - that was entirely down to RDZ. Post Roma, it seemed that RDZ had been found out; it also looked like he was capable of sulking, so that come the end of the season, off-ski was the best result.

So - Potter: perfect? No, but bloody good for us. RDZ: perfect? No, but did a bloody good job picking up the reins, for a season and a half anyway. Anybody going Potter crap, RDZ god-like, is a complete w*nker; likewise, Potter good, RDZ crap, is equally stupid. Is it reasonable for people to have a personal preference for one versus the other? - of course it is. The only prats will be those insisting the others are wrong!

Now, this thread is about Kieran Dewsbury-Hall, a Leicester player who apparently didn't want to come to us and has now signed for Chelsea. Anyone left with any worthwhile additions to that particular conversation?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here