Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Are you talking about the tiresome bickering between the usual NSC factions or the tiresome Chelsea recruitment tossers? Or shit jokes by tiresome NSC clowns?
I'd guess the final straw was all this talk about this "Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall" lad who no one really gives a shit about.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Nobody piled on him for that. I mentioned going to games only to make the point that an emotional response is not going to be swayed by an intellectual argument. There are fans from all over the world on this board, with any number of stories about how they came to choose Brighton, who all understand that football supporting first and foremost involves an emotional link to a club, not to one of it's teams, not to a player, not to a manager.

I supported this club through the tenure of Steve Coppell. I hated that appointment, but I didn't turn every single conversation into a discussion of his faults, because of some strange hero-worship of Peter Taylor. I didn't disappear when Coppell was having a bit of success in his second season, only to return when he'd sloped off to Reading with a never ending list of every mistake he might have made.

Nobody is gatekeeping who can support Brighton. As I said in my post, everybody is welcome. I'm just asking that Brighton fans support Brighton, rather than engaging in seemingly constant arguments about the pros and cons of previous managers. Nobody is going to change their mind and the answer doesn't actually matter anyway.
I'm pretty sure your main antagonist in this debate was banned/suspended until fairly recently. Not to derail your main argument, just a note so you can focus on other aspects.

More importantly, you know what Swanny is like, why are you engaging with him?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep - NSC can be so binary at times! A year ago, RDZ was god - any questioning was met with the same scorn and derision as a vote for Brexit. Did Potter have any part in our success? - no, bo11ocks, it was all down to the genius of de Zerbi - We were lucky to get de Zerbi, because of Russia invading Ukraine? Yes. De Zerbi lucky, to be taking over a damn good team that was just starting to fly? N, heresy!

This - and it's a shame NSC has to be so binary. This time last year, criticism of RDZ was beyond the pale; on NSC it was woese than admitting to be a Brexiteer - RDZ was a genius, Potter, the snake, was rubbish nothing to do with our success.

Come the 23-24 season, it started well - up until Roma away anyway, We had injuries (not RDZ's faut); we had sold our midfield and not replaced them (well, we had, but certainly not adequately) - not RDZ's fault; we had allowed RDZ to by-pass the recruitment team (allegedly, but generally accepted) for Dahoud and Fati ........hmmmmm. The f*ck up on the GK situation - that was entirely down to RDZ. Post Roma, it seemed that RDZ had been found out; it also looked like he was capable of sulking, so that come the end of the season, off-ski was the best result.

So - Potter: perfect? No, but bloody good for us. RDZ: perfect? No, but did a bloody good job picking up the reins, for a season and a half anyway. Anybody going Potter crap, RDZ god-like, is a complete w*nker; likewise, Potter good, RDZ crap, is equally stupid. Is it reasonable for people to have a personal preference for one versus the other? - of course it is. The only prats will be those insisting the others are wrong!

Now, this thread is about Kieran Dewsbury-Hall, a Leicester player who apparently didn't want to come to us and has now signed for Chelsea. Anyone left with any worthwhile additions to that particular conversation?
This.

KD-H? - no, feck him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just a reminder that the IGNORE feature exists for precisely this scenario

Use it wisely
The trouble is that there are parts of the thread that people (myself included) are interested in, but other bits they (I) couldn't give two shits about. The incessant rambling of the Swedish pizza box-botherer falls firmly into the latter.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
The trouble is that there are parts of the thread that people (myself included) are interested in, but other bits they (I) couldn't give two shits about. The incessant rambling of the Swedish pizza box-botherer falls firmly into the latter.
You're right, I've derailed the thread and as compensation I will give my views on your posts, so perhaps everyone can feel interested again. Is that ok?

Craig Mackail-Smith.
Correct, he has a double barrel surname. Like people had pointed out.
Guilty as charged! It was late, I got to the end of page two and couldn't be arsed to read the rest of the thread before replying.

To not do that would deprive you of highlighting it and further amusing NSCers, KG :lolol:
Read the thread, it is interesting. Allegedly.
No it hasn't.
You're right that Tesla cars still have some problems.
In all seriousness, that new bottletop design must be a nightmare for staff behind the counter because they are, by design, not meant to be pulled off easily (so to speak).
I don't like the new bottletops either. Are we friends now? Interesting friends?

There you go. Thread interesting again. Stop whining. Get back to business.

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You're right, I've derailed the thread and as compensation I will give my views on your posts, so perhaps everyone can feel interested again. Is that ok?

I don't like the new bottletops either. Are we friends now? Interesting friends?

There you go. Thread interesting again. Enjoy it. Putting it on ignore since neither your extremely interesting comments nor KDH does anything for me.
FFS. Go touch grass.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm

Cool it now Han Solo, it’s not worth beeing banned. Lugna puckar!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

No.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Has KDH been announced as signed with The Twats? I looked on TS and BBC websites but couldn't see anything.

Did see they've signed a 19 yo from Villa who played 6 times for the first team for £19m. Yet another midfielder.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The whole activity in the last few days in just American/Arabs paying each other for items(people trading) to satisfy the rules.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Why are you still on here. You basically derail everything and just piss people off. What is the point? Do you get some sort of perverted gratification from being annoying? I’ve given up on this thread because of your ramblings.FFS.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm pretty sure your main antagonist in this debate was banned/suspended until fairly recently. Not to derail your main argument, just a note so you can focus on other aspects.

More importantly, you know what Swanny is like, why are you engaging with him?
I don't see anybody as an antagonist and I've no issue with a generally knowledgeable poster. It was merely a plea to calm down the RDZ stuff.

I don't believe there was a suspension. I could be wrong, but seem to remember reading a 'Screw you guys, I'm going home'.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sure but you just ignore the Swede, can't you?

I have.

1719850757275.png

It's still a pain having so many people respond to him.
But it's better than seeing his posts and the responses.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I don't see anybody as an antagonist and I've no issue with a generally knowledgeable poster. It was merely a plea to calm down the RDZ stuff.

I don't believe there was a suspension. I could be wrong, but seem to remember reading a 'Screw you guys, I'm going home'.
His previous account was banned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There certainly was a ban.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Has KDH been announced as signed with The Twats? I looked on TS and BBC websites but couldn't see anything.

Did see they've signed a 19 yo from Villa who played 6 times for the first team for £19m. Yet another midfielder.

My guess is that they now have a minimum PSR cheating amount they need to agree with Leicester having agreed the transfer in principle in general terms at the weekend.

Essentially, they have Leicester over a barrel. I wonder if they’ll now try to reduce their offer as much as they can. Both teams may well get a point a deduction if they don’t agree so they obviously will but I’m thinking that Leicester will have got a much, much better deal from us where as the player can go into semi-retirement on Chelsea’s bench with double what we’d have payed him.

Leicester did a deal with the devil and are now facing the consequences.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here