Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No, he was in the role before Ashworth went and before there was talk of him going. Pretty much the same way as Mick Cave is Weir’s no2 (and recruitment manager since Jewell left)
He was promoted 19th January, Ashworth left beginning of Feb ..

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I'd rather we pull the plug on this deal and move on to a player that want's to be here.
I think this is bravado nonsense. They would ALL go to the bigger club on much more money if offered the chance, including those currently on our books. So this basically means ‘move on to a less good player who the big 6/7 won’t be interested in’. So we get an Igor instead of a Colwill. It’s not good news.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And your point is? He was promoted while Ashworth was still here
Yes because they knew Ashworth was talking to Newcastle so it was rushed so he could get 3 weeks ‘experience’

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think this is bravado nonsense. They would ALL go to the bigger club on much more money if offered the chance, including those currently on our books. So this basically means ‘move on to a less good player who the big 6/7 won’t be interested in’. So we get an Igor instead of a Colwill. It’s not good news.
Does this logic extend to any player we go for that the big 6/7 aren't interested in? Should we only target players the top 6 are looking at as everyone else is 'less good'?

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Yes we are. They are ****s. Absolute f***ing ****s. Total f***ing ****s. If they lived in Cuntshire, they’d be the biggest f***ing ****s in the county. They can all f*** off…Toad Bloaty, Wankstainley and all their grim fans, especially the ghastly overseas brigade who have no idea where Stamford cunty Bridge is. ****s.
You sir, have won the internet.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Allegedly KDH didn’t want to come here in January and if he’s now thinking Chelsea or stay at LFC then f*** it, he wouldn’t have arrived with the right attitude anyway reading between the lines. Too good for us in his head, let’s move on, we seem to have put alot of effort into this transfer attempt. Really hope we have a plan B
That's not true at all.

As I think I posted last night - KDH did want to come in January, but our then-manager conspired to cock-up that deal, and it didn't happen. I can't really go into any more detail than that, but I absolutely trust the source and version of events relayed to me.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He’s a good player, I would want him, but £40m seems to be the number Leicester are talking about. He’s good, but is he £40m good?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Does this logic extend to any player we go for that the big 6/7 aren't interested in? Should we only target players the top 6 are looking at as everyone else is 'less good'?
We got Caicedo over the line when Man Utd were interested. The issue is we’re now regularly getting turned down/gazumped which is not good news. We’ve been working on the KDH deal for over 6 months which means resources and time invested that we haven’t spent elsewhere. It’s not necessarily anyone’s fault, money talks and the accountants and lawyers are finding loopholes in FFP like billionaire non doms do. But to pretend it’s good news because he didn’t want to come here anyway is nonsense - they’ll all of them take the best (= most lucrative) offer from the highest ranked club if given the choice.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
We’re a bit of a shit show at this recruitment stuff at the moment regardless of how the media keep building us up.

It does seem that both on and off the pitch we seem to be faltering.

It started with kudos, was evident in our overall lack of planning to replace our central midfield. While we talk of succession planning we have opted for what appears to be our Xth choice of manager, can’t sign a player we’ve been chasing since Jan (really should have signed in Jan). We’re one of only a handful of clubs that can sign freely this window yet those in difficulty are already making moves. Linked with everyone but nothing materialises.

Fanzone not progressed

Don’t even get me started on the documentary.

What’s tomar heard doing back?

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
That's not true at all.

As I think I posted last night - KDH did want to come in January, but our then-manager conspired to cock-up that deal, and it didn't happen. I can't really go into any more detail than that, but I absolutely trust the source and version of events relayed to me.
This is absolutely shocking. No wonder we sacked him. The mind boggles why he did that. Can I ask whether it was done intentionally (ie he didn’t want him) or he just messed up somehow (eg he told him he was going to play him in goal and rotate him with Steele and Bart)?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I think he could have been a good signing for us but if Chelsea are trying to get back into the top 4, it seems like a arrange move by them. He’s not that young and was pretty average last time a Leicester were in the Premier League.

It seems like Chelsea are now happy being a Europa league side hence why they constantly try to sign our players, staff and targets.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is absolutely shocking. No wonder we sacked him. The mind boggles why he did that. Can I ask whether it was done intentionally (ie he didn’t want him) or he just messed up somehow (eg he told him he was going to play him in goal and rotate him with Steele and Bart)?
Not shocking at all and explains precisely why he wasn’t the right guy for us any more.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes because they knew Ashworth was talking to Newcastle so it was rushed so he could get 3 weeks ‘experience’
You write as if Weir was making the tea and coffee prior to that.

Rapidly promoting David Weir would only have hoppened because Bloom and Barber thought he was the best man for the job at the time. I don't doubt that "knowing how Brighton & Hove Albion operate" was a useful skill to have for the role, but it wouldn't be the only attribute.

We've made plenty of external appointments previously, no doubt pissing off a whole host of internal candidates who fancied themselves for a promotion.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We’re a bit of a shit show at this recruitment stuff at the moment regardless of how the media keep building us up.

It does seem that both on and off the pitch we seem to be faltering.

It started with kudos, was evident in our overall lack of planning to replace our central midfield. While we talk of succession planning we have opted for what appears to be our Xth choice of manager, can’t sign a player we’ve been chasing since Jan (really should have signed in Jan). We’re one of only a handful of clubs that can sign freely this window yet those in difficulty are already making moves. Linked with everyone but nothing materialises.

Fanzone not progressed

Don’t even get me started on the documentary.

What’s tomar heard doing back?
Put you down as glass half empty then ? 🤣🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here