Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Can’t help but think that if this guy was available for say £30m & Leicester were prepared to do the deal with us, then a Spurs/Chelsea type would swoop in and offer him more in wages or offer Leicester a few more million to hijack it. Just seems inevitable.
This is what I expect to happen. Would like KDH to come to us but I am not holding my breath

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
KIERNAN - not Kieran!

This is going to be worse than Houghton.
If you'd told me when I was growing up in the 80s that there was an English sportsman called Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall I'd have staked every penny on him being a surgeon who played Rugger for England at the weekend at second row and had cauliflower ears and an investment portfoliio.

The world sure has changed in 40 years! :lolol:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can’t help but think this was put on ice due to price but then reignited after Hurzeler appointment due to how well he would fit into his central mid system
Direct replacement for Gross I would imagine (if he’s definitely indicating he wants to go)

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
KDH, Wieffer, Baleba, Gilmour, Moder, Milner and Hinshelwood would be a decent set of PL midfield options assuming Dahoud and Gross leave.

People talking of adding even more CMs when Hurzeler's system only plays two of them, surely it's not necessary.

I think we need another CB if we're going to play 3-4-3. Specifically one who can play at LCB so we're not reliant on Igor all season.

RWB the other obvious vacancy.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I expect we’ve held back on the KDH approach ( after the failed Jan approach) until now to put pressure on Leicester re the 30th June deadline. No one else has seemingly prioritised him and apparently Leicester are in the PSR shite if they don’t sell before 30th.
We now hold the aces and can just walk away if they don’t play ball.
All changes if others become interested but at this stage most EPL clubs in a position to buy, seem to have other priorities apart from maybe Brentford.
The fly in the ointment would be if he doesn’t want to move but you’d think that we’d have tested that out via his agents?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I expect we’ve held back on the KDH approach ( after the failed Jan approach) until now to put pressure on Leicester re the 30th June deadline. No one else has seemingly prioritised him and apparently Leicester are in the PSR shite if they don’t sell before 30th.
All changes if others become interested but at this stage most EPL clubs in a position to buy, seem to have other priorities apart from maybe Brentford.
The fly in the ointment would be if he doesn’t want to move but you’d think that we’d have tested that out via his agents?
Hope you’re right. But I can just see us doing all the hard work in negotiating what fee would satisfy Leicester & what wages KDH would want, & then Spurs/Chelsea come in with a slightly better offer. He’s a good player, impossible others aren’t interested & keenly watching what we do.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I
I just don’t see him wanting to move. He’s been at Leicester for 18 years, family in Nottingham, imagine he’s settled and on a decent salary.

I don’t see the justification in moving to us, it’s sideways at best without the payday

Would be delighted to be wrong though

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I

I just don’t see him wanting to move. He’s been at Leicester for 18 years, family in Nottingham, imagine he’s settled and on a decent salary.

I don’t see the justification in moving to us, it’s sideways at best without the payday

Would be delighted to be wrong though
If the club tell him they need to sell him he’ll go. He’ll get a huge signing on fee to sweeten the deal I’d wager. However, if he is a Leicester player by July, we have no chance at all.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Hope you’re right. But I can just see us doing all the hard work in negotiating what fee would satisfy Leicester & what wages KDH would want, & then Spurs/Chelsea come in with a slightly better offer. He’s a good player, impossible others aren’t interested & keenly watching what we do.
I just don't see why Chelsea would want another CM. They have plenty and Enzo and Moises aren't going anywhere on their monster contracts.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
Leicester fan has KDH to us with Dahoud going to them has he heard something or wishful thinking 🤣
He must be on the juice already...probably drowning his sorrows early for tonight's debacle. KDH will not make a sideways step as others have already said. Has Spurs even Utd all over it

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Because it was a token gesture to make it seem like we were trying to back RDZ. There’s a reason it came out in the media, imo.
Or it could be something completely different that nobody outside the club knows about.

Annoys me when people seem to think they know the inside and outs of transfer dealings when actually they don’t have a clue.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He must be on the juice already...probably drowning his sorrows early for tonight's debacle. KDH will not make a sideways step as others have already said. Has Spurs even Utd all over it
I don’t think so, his PL numbers aren’t very impressive he would have to perform for a year at a high level in the PL before the big boys come calling.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
KDH, Wieffer, Baleba, Gilmour, Moder, Milner and Hinshelwood would be a decent set of PL midfield options assuming Dahoud and Gross leave.

People talking of adding even more CMs when Hurzeler's system only plays two of them, surely it's not necessary.

I think we need another CB if we're going to play 3-4-3. Specifically one who can play at LCB so we're not reliant on Igor all season.

RWB the other obvious vacancy.
Hinch would fit RWB like a glove IMO with Lamptey as cover. We need a new RB to play a 4, if we’re struggling to recruit there then makes sense to no longer play a 4.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here