Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall **Singed for Chelsea 02/07/2024**

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I would still sell Lamptey!
Hasn’t Lamptey got just a year left on his contract? If that’s the case then it’s either new contract or he’ll be sold, surely?

As an aside I think Moder also has just a year left?
I wonder if we have the +1 year option on both contracts to retain our ‘value’ on these two contracts.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hasn’t Lamptey got just a year left on his contract? If that’s the case then it’s either new contract or he’ll be sold, surely?

As an aside I think Moder also has just a year left?
I wonder if we have the +1 year option on both contracts to retain our ‘value’ on these two contracts.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Moder always felt more a CDM to me. Do wonder if he'd be a good second choice for the much mentioned and debated by NSC hybrid CB role. Behind JPVH or a new signing. KDH could take his minutes in midfield for sure.

If KDH does stay and Ipswich go down, perhaps we'd be the obvious destination at that point replacing a leaving Groß

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Moder always felt more a CDM to me. Do wonder if he'd be a good second choice for the much mentioned and debated by NSC hybrid CB role. Behind JPVH or a new signing. KDH could take his minutes in midfield for sure.

If KDH does stay and Ipswich go down, perhaps we'd be the obvious destination at that point replacing a leaving Groß
I am confused. What does Ipswich have to do with KDH?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
From what I see, it looks like reports are stating that ourselves and Brentford are interested with Leicester wanting £40m.
Yet we have allegedly made initial bids for Gómez at circa £8m and Wieffer who may cost £25/30m.
There’s a deadline approaching now of 30th June and so if Leicester don’t reduce their asking price quickly I can see KDH going nowhere.
If he goes nowhere LEicester will surely breach PSR for 23/24 and get a hefty points deduction.
Looks like a good negotiation with us holding the better cards as we have alternative options.
Every day that passes up to 30th June deadline would suggest a lowering of the value of KDH to Leicester.
Once 30th June passss , and if they haven’t sold him, then they may as well keep him as they’ll have failed PSR anyway.

I’d prefer to have Gómez and Weiffer and a points deduction for Leicester.
However I expect we won’t move again on Wieffer and Gomez until we know the position on KDH. It’s only three days now.

All conjecture on my part, of course, but it’s interesting as the 30th June deadline has added another dynamic to this transfer window.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
From what I see, it looks like reports are stating that ourselves and Brentford are interested with Leicester wanting £40m.
Yet we have allegedly made initial bids for Gómez at circa £8m and Wieffer who may cost £25/30m.
There’s a deadline approaching now of 30th June and so if Leicester don’t reduce their asking price quickly I can see KDH going nowhere.
If he goes nowhere LEicester will surely breach PSR for 23/24 and get a hefty points deduction.
Looks like a good negotiation with us holding the better cards as we have alternative options.
Every day that passes up to 30th June deadline would suggest a lowering of the value of KDH to Leicester.
Once 30th June passss , and if they haven’t sold him, then they may as well keep him as they’ll have failed PSR anyway.

However I expect we won’t move again on Wieffer and Gomez until we know the position on KDH. It’s only three days now.

All conjecture on my part, of course, but it’s interesting as the 30th June deadline has added another dynamic to this transfer window.

I'd prefer KDH if we can get him because he's got EPL and Championship experience so they'd be none of the adjustment to the EPL, just Hurzelball.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

KDH and Wieffer are very different types of midfield player. I don't think it's either/or. I'm not sure that we'll buy 2 x ~£30m players in one window but you never know, in theory we've got the money.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
KDH and Wieffer are very different types of midfield player. I don't think it's either/or. I'm not sure that we'll buy 2 x ~£30m players in one window but you never know, in theory we've got the money.
I think it depends on how many players we intend to buy. Last year we spent 30m on Pedro, 23m on Baleba and 15m+ on both Igor and Ver Bruggen.

If our other signings are relatively cheap then I don't see any reason why we wouldn't spend circa 30m each on two players.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think it depends on how many players we intend to buy. Last year we spent 30m on Pedro, 23m on Baleba and 15m+ on both Igor and Ver Bruggen.

If our other signings are relatively cheap then I don't see any reason why we wouldn't spend circa 30m each on two players.
That and the fact our wage bill will have significantly dropped now Lallana has left

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

We've certainly got the funds for those fees. I know transfer money isn't ringfenced, but seeing as we spent around 80m last summer after a season where summer '22 and Jan '23 transfer income was about 155m, it seems credible that we'll at least match that spend following two windows in which we had 175m worth of sales.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here