Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids to be banned from wearing Liverpool shirts

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Adrie where did the bit <edit> go about you being a semi pro poker player? you've been 18 for 8 weeks or so for god sake

what does semi pro mean anyway, does it earn you much cash?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
AdrianDINho said:

When is the REMF DVD going to be ready?
No woolly excuses, no long-winded justifications... just a date when it will be ready, please.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Except like Lord Bracknell said, it's not the state. It's the drinks industry.

I remember winning a bowling competition at Hove before a Sunday League game, when I was a teenager. I wasn't allowed to be given the prize, because it was a Sussex cap branded with "Two Dogs" -- the alcopop that was their sponsor at the time.

Instead, they dug out an England cap for me. With "Tetley Bitter" on the front :thud:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I remember winning a bowling competition
And I remember winning a beach bowling competition at Newquay in Cornwall when I was 13 years old.

The prize ... a very smart cigarette lighter.

No question in those days about whether or not I should be given it.

:smokin:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If I recall correctly (and I hate to praise that club in any way) but I think kids' Leeds shirt don't carry the Whyte & Mackay logo like their adult ones do already.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Kids to be banned from wearing Liverpool shirts

Dandyman said:
I may be wrong on this but I think the Holstein logo was absent from the kids shirts sold by Spurs in the early 90's.

No you are right Dandyman.

My son, who has since converted to the Albion - never sees them win but that's another matter, got a Spurs shirt for his birthday - It didn't have the Holsten sponsorship on it. Other kids ripped the piss out him so much, I had to a buy him a "small man" shirt. It was far too big but he was happy!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What aload of bollocks! Has taking cigarette advertising away from F1 meant people have stopped taking up smoking??

Blair's nanny state strikes again!! You watch, fish and chips, morris dancing and coronation street are going to be banned soon!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Arthur said:
Blair's nanny state strikes again!! You watch...coronation street are going to be banned soon!!

You say that like it's a bad thing???

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Large One said:

why the thud TLO

Did you know that we have 1% of the world's population but 20% (yes, 20%) of the world's cctv cameras. This government seems to want to control every aspect of our lives and watch our every movements.

Whatever happened to personal choice?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The thud is - where is the state intervention in this?

There are government moves to instill a sense of responsibility in adults - and specifically parents - to not have under-age drinking, especially considering all the effects and problems that excess drinking can have in later life. It's about education. That, to me, seems a not unreasonable policy. As a father, I am sure you would support it.

This move, from a non-governmental body (The Portman Group), is merely in line with government guidelines by not promoting alcohol or an alcohol company to children - in this instance branded on kids as a fashion accessory.

So presumably, the Albion being a family friendly club and keen to encourage the kids, we won't be seeing this in the club shop ...............

pheonix.jpg

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Storer68 said:
So presumably, the Albion being a family friendly club and keen to encourage the kids, we won't be seeing this in the club shop ...............

pheonix.jpg

Certainly not, he got released.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Three cheers for Liverpool. Now my 5 year old son won't become a raging alcholic by the time he reaches double figures.

Why didn't someone think of this earlier. Parents can now give up any responsibility for their children, safe in the knowledge Liverpool FC are their new 'higher ground' gaurdians.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
What if you're a really small bloke who wears a size considered to be a child's shirt?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Timbo said:
Three cheers for Liverpool. Now my 5 year old son won't become a raging alcholic by the time he reaches double figures.

Why didn't someone think of this earlier. Parents can now give up any responsibility for their children, safe in the knowledge Liverpool FC are their new 'higher ground' gaurdians.

All the same when you think about it, the thought of a child running about wearing something advertising a product which, if abused, can destroy lives isn't overly palatable when you think about it. And because of their sponsorship of Liverpool, I'd suggest that an awful lot of kids are aware of Carlsberg, which again isn't perhaps the most wonderful thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here