Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids to be banned from wearing Liverpool shirts

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
samparish said:
All the same when you think about it, the thought of a child running about wearing something advertising a product which, if abused, can destroy lives isn't overly palatable when you think about it. And because of their sponsorship of Liverpool, I'd suggest that an awful lot of kids are aware of Carlsberg, which again isn't perhaps the most wonderful thing.

But all these things just stack up more and more so parents are offered an easy excuse when their kids go off the rails while they sit on their fat arses and layabout.

Also we cant hide these things away from kids and pretend they don't exist, because when they find out it'll be like some dark secret which they can't talk about, just start doing things without knowing the dangers. I know a few people who have never smoked because their Dad/Grandad gave them a great big dirty drag on a fat cigar and it put them of for life.

When I was young, F1 was still interesting and I always wanted to have a JPS car. When I got a Scalextric, it had to have the black and gold JPS car yet I have never smoked in my life. If parents did their jobs, Liverpool could be sponsored by the Stanley Road Crack Emporium and it wouldn't matter.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Timbo said:
But all these things just stack up more and more so parents are offered an easy excuse when their kids go off the rails while they sit on their fat arses and layabout.

Also we cant hide these things away from kids and pretend they don't exist, because when they find out it'll be like some dark secret which they can't talk about, just start doing things without knowing the dangers. I know a few people who have never smoked because their Dad/Grandad gave them a great big dirty drag on a fat cigar and it put them of for life.

When I was young, F1 was still interesting and I always wanted to have a JPS car. When I got a Scalextric, it had to have the black and gold JPS car yet I have never smoked in my life. If parents did their jobs, Liverpool could be sponsored by the Stanley Road Crack Emporium and it wouldn't matter.

The point of shirt advertising is surely just that though, it turns the shirt into a walking advert for that product. Thus is having kids walking around subconsciously advertising Carlsberg or the like (and it must work, or why would they pay such fortunes for the advertising) something we as a society really want?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
samparish said:
The point of shirt advertising is surely just that though, it turns the shirt into a walking advert for that product. Thus is having kids walking around subconsciously advertising Carlsberg or the like (and it must work, or why would they pay such fortunes for the advertising) something we as a society really want?

But you can't go anywhere without seeing some form of advertising. You pick a paper up full of them, you get the train to work, full of adverts, ditto the tube. If you drive then their are billboards everywhere. You stick the telly on (which lets face it every kid in the world does) and you get 7 or 8 minutes of adverts for every half an hour of telly you watch.

The fact that you've "humorously" put 'this space for rent' in your sig emphasises my point completely.

Should we be stopping kids look at web sites in case someone mentions booze?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kids should not be allowed to wear Premiership replica shirts full stop. Nip it early in the bud and they wont become glory hunters. They should be taught that the local club is the team to support - get them kitted out in Albion shirts NOW !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here