Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids and Alcohol

Don't you think giving your child (who is under the legal drinking age) any form of alcohol is a tad irresponsible.?

Couldn't you be done for supplying alcohol to minors.? I'd like to see Edna or Collar Feelers response.

Here in the UK the legal drinking age is actually FIVE ! (at home with parents),
and whilst it's 18 in licensed premises, outside in the beer garden it is (or used to be) .........still 5!

All parents of young people at that age hope that there is a "right thing" to do that will produce the desired outcome. Usually there is - and it usually works.

But, if Beach Hut's kids are anything like mine were, an occasion will come along where they will fall over regardless. It's how you deal with that event, when it happens, that counts. The parent will be angry, the young person will be embarrassed.

Both of you need to get over those feelings quickly and move on, each knowing a little bit more about the other, and building on that knowledge to develop a new "adult" relationship.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
good bit of parenting I believe, everyone has a few beers a that age he'll probably drink the 4 have another one or two off his mates, might throw up a but probably not, hey ho, and he'll think you're sound in the mean time and he'll be totally fine, no bother

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All parents of young people at that age hope that there is a "right thing" to do that will produce the desired outcome. Usually there is - and it usually works.

But, if Beach Hut's kids are anything like mine were, an occasion will come along where they will fall over regardless. It's how you deal with that event, when it happens, that counts. The parent will be angry, the young person will be embarrassed.

Both of you need to get over those feelings quickly and move on, each knowing a little bit more about the other, and building on that knowledge to develop a new "adult" relationship.

Great stuff LB. Ever thought of becoming an agony aunt?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Great stuff LB. Ever thought of becoming an agony aunt?

Dear Auntie Bracknell,

Recently at a wedding reception my wife got one of her severe migraines and had to have a lie down in one of the hotels bedrooms. My sister in law who has always been a terrible flirt cornered me behind the marquee and told me that she had always fancied me and as we were both very tipsy one thing led to another and we has the wildest sex imaginable right there in the bushes. In the morning I felt terrible and swore that it must never happen again but my sister in law is now blackmailing me and threatening to tell my wife unless I give her a repeat performance.
I love my wife and deeply regret the incident ... What should I do ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well the end product was not so good as the phone rang 05:55 demanding the door be open to let him back in the house.

Dear Questions

You say that the sex with your sister in law was "the wildest sex imaginable". And you say you were "very tipsy". Are you SURE you didn't imagine the whole incident?

Please posts pics to verify.

Auntie Bracknell.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well the end product was not so good as the phone rang 05:55 demanding the door be open to let him back in the house.
Sounds like he didn't use any condoms then.:cool:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I had to refuse a sale last night as I observed a teenage son handing over a tenner to his dad just before they got to the checkout with a couple of cases of beer. Geezer got quite agitated when I told him I couldn't serve him as it would be a proxy sale , didn't like it when I added that if the Police got involved he could face a £1000 fine for attempting to buy alcohol for a person under 18. I cant afford to pay a £80 fine , get a criminal record and lose my job if OB or Trading Standards are in the store doing observations.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hold on, didnt you say he was 16?

What the HELL is a 16 year old doing up a 5:55AM????

Well he told us he was staying at his girlfirends house and she had to leave early for singing in London (allegedly).

As his trainers were caked in grass I assume he spent quite a while in Buckingham Park last night.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Well he told us he was staying at his girlfirends house and she had to leave early for singing in London (allegedly).

As his trainers were caked in grass I assume he spent quite a while in Buckingham Park last night.

Thats kids for you, most kids will go drinking in the park. At least he came home!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here