Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kids and Alcohol

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Ive been 'question & detailed' over 20 times by police and only had 3 letters home..no point at all in giving fake details.

Beach hut, dont worry gotta bring him up slowly...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
That's what you think. I'm a genuis.

Intelligence does not automatically equal maturity. The fact that you think it does adds more to the case that you are not mature enough.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Like others have said the fact that you have given him some means he is less likely to get anymore. If he had to source it himself he would be more likely to get a bottle of vodka and get totally wasted. By giving him a little slack and by showing him you trust him, he is more likely to repay that trust by behaving himself.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't you think giving your child (who is under the legal drinking age) any form of alcohol is a tad irresponsible.?

Couldn't you be done for supplying alcohol to minors.? I'd like to see Edna or Collar Feelers response.

You may well be right but I figure if he wants alcohol he will no doubt find a way of buying it or obtaining it.

This may well lead to more perhaps being consumed and then worse consequences whereas if he is given some and has no money he will only drink that.

I would also like to hear what our two resident law enforcers think as well......

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I didnt say it does.

I know I'm an immaure wanker. I love immature humour, I love winding people up.

But needing that twats help one day? Do me a favour.

I've no desire to do you a favour, and nor I expect does that twat.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Well that's handy then 'cause I wasnt referring to you.

My point was the bloke was complete cock, who thought his uniform made him a hard man. If he was reasonable about it I wouldn’t have been as bothered. I'm quite aware it's illegal, as were the hundreds of other kids out that night drinking, and in some cases doing themselves a lot more harm than alcohol would, with other drugs.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Conboy, im telling your parents:blush:

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Don't you think giving your child (who is under the legal drinking age) any form of alcohol is a tad irresponsible.?

Couldn't you be done for supplying alcohol to minors.? I'd like to see Edna or Collar Feelers response.

You can give your child alcohol when they are 5 I think. Don't know if/what the limit is from there though.

Although that is in your home I think.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The thing is , even though i knew i wouldnt get in trouble with parents, ill still you used to run for my life when they came, climbing/jumping over anything.

Ive hung im my running shoes now.:laugh:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
It's difficult. I can see the point if you give him a small amount it shows you trust him and he's less likely to go and drink a lot more, he may or may not.

It completely depends on the individual, my sister has a son that she is really lenient with and lets him drink, have people back to the house etc. In my opinion he's slightly off the rails. He's needed to go to hospital to get his stomach pumped, and different things.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Snoobs where are you tonight? I'm trying to sort out a football match after Brighton tomorrow.

Doubt I'll be able too, injured ankle last night and can hardly walk on it and need to be fit for Sunday. I'll see how it is tomorrow though

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Brave my arse...i was getting given 4 cans, 4 years ago..so you should give them beers...so then when it comes to 18..there'll be good drinkers.

If you said to him "NO YOUR NOT DRINKING" he'd have only gone and done it behind your back.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Completely agree with most of whats been said here-if you show a little trust in him he SHOULD repay that by being trust worthy. If parents come over all heavy handed thats when kids rebel and its even harder to get through to them. At the end of the day he has to find his own limits and tolerances and 4 bottles isnt going to send him out fighting trees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here