Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kick out racist supporters

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Probably wouldn't stand up in court - but chanting "Allah is a Paedo" at muslims is probably racist . Yes these people are entitled to their views - but not entitled to shove them down other peoples throats -and they are racists . If they are not then who is ??

So if it wont stand up in court, why suggest that the club should ban them for being racist?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So what do you do then? My gut feeling is that it's essentially a front for the likes of the BNP where they are bound to gain most of their support but the police don't seem to have hard evidence that they're racist (or the march would not have happened) and the courts work on a presumption of innocent until proven guilty.

I'm guessing the club could try and stop the club badge being used (by way of exerting trademark rights) but what's to stop another flag being made with the words BHAFC being used on the march and would they then legally have to enforce the same restriction on the club badge with all flags even those used at footie games? I'm not a lawyer so don't know the answer.

In the UK, think you're allowed to use any logo without consulting the owner as long as it's not for 'gain.'

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
No matter how you look at it the English Defense League is essentially a front for racist , intolerant and non- inclusive views . Their presence in Brighton yesterday was rebuffered by a wide cross section of our very diverse society . I was saddened to see the Brighton and Hove Albion insignia displayed on a flag next to the words " NO SURRENDER " and " No to Sharia Law" . Is this a policy of the club ?. I somehow doubt it . If not then these people should be banned for life from Brighton and Hove Albion - we DO NOT NEED THEM at all. Do you know who these people are ? - if so please feel free to name and shame them - the pictures are in the Argus and on the Argus web site . Is the club prepared to do anything about this ? Let's hope they have the guts to do soemthing .

Get off your high horse

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here