Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kick out racist supporters

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
No matter how you look at it the English Defense League is essentially a front for racist , intolerant and non- inclusive views . Their presence in Brighton yesterday was rebuffered by a wide cross section of our very diverse society . I was saddened to see the Brighton and Hove Albion insignia displayed on a flag next to the words " NO SURRENDER " and " No to Sharia Law" . Is this a policy of the club ?. I somehow doubt it . If not then these people should be banned for life from Brighton and Hove Albion - we DO NOT NEED THEM at all. Do you know who these people are ? - if so please feel free to name and shame them - the pictures are in the Argus and on the Argus web site . Is the club prepared to do anything about this ? Let's hope they have the guts to do soemthing .

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
As much as I disagree for what they stand for you can't start banning people for their political views. If they express them at the ground, then fine, they have committed an offence, so you can deal with them suitably. But, whoever that amoeba is may attend games and support the team, without resorting to pathetic, vile chanting, that he feels comfortable with when there are like-minded people around. Whoever he is, the police know who he is, or at least have film of him and pictures, so his card has been marked.

Still, sickening to see the club badge associated with that lot. I am proud to be English, but it seems for a lot of reasons they live in fear.

No matter how you look at it the English Defense League is essentially a front for racist , intolerant and non- inclusive views . Their presence in Brighton yesterday was rebuffered by a wide cross section of our very diverse society . I was saddened to see the Brighton and Hove Albion insignia displayed on a flag next to the words " NO SURRENDER " and " No to Sharia Law" . Is this a policy of the club ?. I somehow doubt it . If not then these people should be banned for life from Brighton and Hove Albion - we DO NOT NEED THEM at all. Do you know who these people are ? - if so please feel free to name and shame them - the pictures are in the Argus and on the Argus web site . Is the club prepared to do anything about this ? Let's hope they have the guts to do soemthing .

Calm down dearie.

And then have a think about the paradox of banning someone from supporting a football club for having non-inclusive and intolerant views.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
As much as I disagree for what they stand for you can't start banning people for their political views. If they express them at the ground, then fine, they have committed an offence, so you can deal with them suitably. But, whoever that amoeba is may attend games and support the team, without resorting to pathetic, vile chanting, that he feels comfortable with when there are like-minded people around. Whoever he is, the police know who he is, or at least have film of him and pictures, so his card has been marked.

Still, sickening to see the club badge associated with that lot. I am proud to be English, but it seems for a lot of reasons they live in fear.

I agree with this. As much as I detest everything that these people stand for, they are entitled to their views and opinions, however abhorrent they are.

As much as I hate seeing these individuals associate themselves with the club, as long as they don't bring their vile views into the ground then you cannot ban them. if they start in the ground, then I hope they get a life ban.

I wonder if they will celebrate if lua lua scores? Or maybe call for his deportation?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont understand how being opposed to Sharia Law or Jihadist behaviour can be deemed as rascist?

Racist or not, have you seen what this chap with the Albion flag looks like? On aesthetics alone I'd kick him out.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you are talking about the Crofts lookalike - he is not even holding the flag in any of the pictures I have seen.

To be honest they all look the bloody same to me.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
Oh well, that's settled then. They say they're not, so clearly they must not be racist.

Well surely an organisation who's only belief is rascism, would not go out of their way to point out they are not rascist? i see no such statement on the BNP website by the way. Their mission statement is quite different.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
When they become an illegal organisation, then take action. Until then, let's try and be sensible.

Ban gingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here