Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KFC - what a RIP-OFF !

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
You don't pay VAT on milkshakes if you take it away. No idea why though.
Might be something to do with the fact that you don't pay VAT on milk.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Utter gash.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Maccy d's breakfast, KFC dinner and Burger King supper. Service station food at it's finest.

Your going to die young. KFC and Mickey d cook in transfats and that shit will finish you of. Most nutritionalists recommend no more fast food than once a month max , not 3 square meals a day.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I also had a KFC on Saturday.

And a McDonalds.

And a Burger King.

It's the Fast Food Retail Outlet Grand Slam.

BOOM!

Me too. I also somehow managed to fit a triple burger in the pub on top of this. I'm not sure how, but don't think my arteries will thank me for it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
D'Angelo Saxon said:
BOOM!

Me too. I also somehow managed to fit a triple burger in the pub on top of this. I'm not sure how, but don't think my arteries will thank me for it.

That burger was f***ing ridiculous.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My Burger King receipt after the match at Coventry showed the VAT element separately and the price paid was the same as what was quoted on the board. Is this for people claiming back meals expenses in connection with their work? I haven't had a KFC for about 4 years as the last one made me feel ill - now I know what the bucket is used for , dont discard it as it comes in very handy to spew up in.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
seagullsovergrimsby said:
My Burger King receipt after the match at Coventry showed the VAT element separately and the price paid was the same as what was quoted on the board. Is this for people claiming back meals expenses in connection with their work?

I'd be too embarrassed to put a KFC on expenses.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
When you buy a £9.99 bargain bucket it dosnt come to £11.74 does it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well vat or no vat, its STILL a rip-off.

*mumble grumble*three quid for a zinger*moan bitch*

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think all fast food places are a rip off.When you have 2 kids its often 15 quid,and your hungry again in an hour.makes you feel like getting the Mrs to cook all the time.

upnorthnow

Feb 4, 2004
SK13
Hatterlovesbrighton said:
You don't pay VAT on milkshakes if you take it away. No idea why though.

It is classed as 'cold food' which does not attract VAT when taken off the premises.

The VAT should have been shown seperately but when added to the items bought should have totalled what you were charged.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
D'Angelo Saxon said:
BOOM!

I have to say i was impressed :bowdown:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Grendel said:
Legally, restaurant prices have to include VAT. It should never be included as a seperate item on your bill/receipt.
only if they gross 49 grand i believe,and if it is hot food or take away

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
KFC is f***ing QUALITY. It's my traditional sunday dinner. You get proper chicken breasts, unlike the processed shit you get in maccys and BK. The only problem is that as it's a franchise the quality varies depending on where you are. Brighton ones are generally quite shit (london road and western road) because they're more busy. The best KFC is Burgess hill followed by gatwick airport, you always get nice bits of chicken and thick gravy.
*Edit*Forgot to say, don't blame the Colonel because you're too much of a SPASTIC to add up

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here