Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

KFC - what a RIP-OFF !

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
You shouldn't be paying VAT if you're taking the food away. It's only if you eat in that you are liable for VAT, which is why smaller cafes and fast food outlets often quote you two different prices for eat-in and take-away food.

I was under the impression that all the big chains like Maccy D's and KFC had an agreement whereby they charged flat rate prices but made their payments to HM Customs and Excise based on estimates as to how many customers took food away and how many stayed in.

It would certainly be unlikely that you should pay VAT on top of their quoted prices however, and I'd have to say it sounds like yo'uve been had Mr 10

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Actually, I stand corrected, you should always pay VAT on hot food so long as the business takes over £60k (which in the case of KFC is clearly true). This is why it's only the smaller sandwich style cafes that differentiate between eating in and taking away.

HOWEVER, this still doesn't explain why KFC charged you VAT on top of the listed prices. I'm fairly sure this is entirely incorrect

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Dropkick Turnip said:
Surely that's fowl play.......

*runs away quickly with the entire contents of the coat stand*

at last someone got it :rolleyes: :lolol:

D

Deleted User X18H

The KFC in London Road smells of piss .....as does the rest of London Rd 'cant stop now don't you know I've been down to London Road DONT' GO!!!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
KYC in Portslade is shit, they never have any food in there ??? :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here