Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

keymarkets and bejams

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Who remembers the glass animal man in queens road?:moo:

It was impossible for any child to walk down from the station without standing there transfixed at his window for at least 5 minutes. It was for me anyway. Superb. I can see him creating a little glass dog in my minds eye right now.

Sasha_Fusini_place_s.jpg

Which branch is that, the Brighton one is/was in the Arcade by the Clocktower. Happy memories of the Tunbridge Well branch, used to walk past it on the way to school. To any Tunbridge Wellians out there this was when it was at the top of the High Street, not halfway up Mount Pleasant Road.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Wavyline and Spar, strangely Spar now run the NAAFI shops

There's a Spar in Gatwick Airport is there not? Dutch brand I think, loads all over Europe.

Still going strong in Ireland, both sides of the border.

Supermarkets that left Ireland were Tesco and Iceland. Both came back, Tesco waited till there was a bit more money around and bought out someone; Iceland waited till there was 10% unemployment!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Tandy? along London Road.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Tunbridge Wellian here (now Plymouth) I remember both Gamleys stores, fond memories.
We have loads of Spars down here and even a few REGENT petrol stations, I have'nt seen one of them for years.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
What about Bellmans on London Road. one of those new-fangled supermarket thingys where you had a trolley and had to serve yourself?
(Across the road at Sainsburys you still had to queue at each counter for chesse, then ham, then other stuff, etc.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here