Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin Phillips

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

How are some of you still not getting it?

:wozza:

Kevin Phillips page is in a list with all other Brighton players. Joey Barton, Luciano Becchio, Sol Campbell et all AREN'T.

I'll break it right down for you...
Kevin Phillips = Yes
Other players who aren't contracted to Brighton = No

Please read the above until you figure it out. Someone at the club has made a (preliminary) page for Kevin Phillips. That is indisputable FACT.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
How are some of you still not getting it?

:wozza:

Kevin Phillips page is in a list with all other Brighton players. Joey Barton, Luciano Becchio, Sol Campbell et all AREN'T.

I'll break it right down for you...
Kevin Phillips = Yes
Other players who aren't contracted to Brighton = No

Please read the above until you figure it out. Someone at the club has made a (preliminary) page for Kevin Phillips. That is indisputable FACT.

There's no bloody difference between the pages!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I would love this to be true but just can't believe we would be able to get him :eek:(

P.S. Is anyone else just getting the Brighton squad page with a comment saying "player not found" ??

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
old fat and past it.....NEXT!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There's no bloody difference between the pages!

Turkey. You see what I posted a couple of pages back? Top of page 3 I think. Follow those steps.

You will see the difference, and pretty much proof that the Kevin Phillips page was made by someone at the club, as it appears when you search for pages from the official site. He is on about page 6 of results.

I've gone right through to about page 30 of results and there is NO mention of ANY OTHER NON CONTRACTED PLAYERS to Brighton - other than Kevin Phillips.

Sorry to shout but I thought I'd made it clear earlier, I understand that it is a bit confusing actually.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Yes. You do. As I suggested earlier, it seems someone at the club has made the page and prepared it offline in readiness to go online when his transfer is announced (if talks do not fall through).

Read through some of my earlier posts in detail.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Bozza, type the following into google;

team first team brighton

THEN click +Show More results from wwwDOTseagullsDOTcoDOTuk (had to put the DOTS in there to stop it hyperlinking)

THEN click +Show ALL results from wwwDOT etc

You get EVERY brighton player from the last few years, AND Kevin Phillips. NO other unconnected players. No Becchio, No Campbell, none of them.

So...? I think I've still got it. Those other players aren't specifically on the Brighton website database. Phillips IS.

Everyone, follow these steps and you will see the reason I am 95% sure that someone from the club has made this page.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Turkey. You see what I posted a couple of pages back? Top of page 3 I think. Follow those steps.

You will see the difference, and pretty much proof that the Kevin Phillips page was made by someone at the club, as it appears when you search for pages from the official site. He is on about page 6 of results.

I've gone right through to about page 30 of results and there is NO mention of ANY OTHER NON CONTRACTED PLAYERS to Brighton - other than Kevin Phillips.

Sorry to shout but I thought I'd made it clear earlier, I understand that it is a bit confusing actually.

I really don't think that means a thing fella. Every player is in the PTV database so you just match up the club id and player id and hey presto you have a webpage. I guess that one just shows up because people have searched for it a lot, or clicked on it a lot (not sure how google works it out).

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
It'd be more believable if Poyet hadn't yesterday said the playing budget will increase by no more than 10%... Phillips would take up at least that 10% by himself!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I really don't think that means a thing fella. Every player is in the PTV database so you just match up the club id and player id and hey presto you have a webpage. I guess that one just shows up because people have searched for it a lot, or clicked on it a lot (not sure how google works it out).

Not convinced, that sounds far more far-fetched.

It's taking actual genuine results from seagulls.co.uk. Why would Kevin Phillips show up but not a SINGLE one of the 100,000,000 players we've been linked with show up over 30-40 odd pages of results?

Surely it's reasonable to think that, as ALL the other pages (100%, all of them) in the search are from the official site, that this one is as well?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Not convinced, that sounds far more far-fetched.

It's taking actual genuine results from seagulls.co.uk. Why would Kevin Phillips show up but not a SINGLE one of the 100,000,000 players we've been linked with show up over 30-40 odd pages of results?

Surely it's reasonable to think that, as ALL the other pages (100%, all of them) in the search are from the official site, that this one is as well?

Very empirical- stands until someone can disprove him. Any takers?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
This isn't really the time to be signing players is it? Surely nothing would be signed until contracts expire in June, and thus why would anyone add him to the squad list in April, sounds very premature. I really want to believe you Mellotron but it does seem a bit too far fetched. I will happily be proved wrong though :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I think we are giving the seagulls technical team way to much praise. Lets face it they won't do anything in advance. They are a re-active department at best

Can't see this happening but love to be suprised

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here