Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ketamine

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Sooooooooooooo many threads about drugs, it's laughable. DON'T DO IT, and you will be fine :smile:

sammy g

Ketamine used on a dependent basis i.e daily is going to make you seriously sick in a short space of time. The drug reforms into its crystal state in the bladder where it can seriously impact upon your bladder to function normally, I know of one person whose bladder has shrunk to the size of a 50p piece, or to put it another way the normal bladder can take 1.5-3 litres of liquid, this persons bladder can only take 150ml and is unlikely to repair itself even if they stop, which their not.

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Ketarmine is bad, done it a few times many years ago. It is a messy dirty drug. Would advise against it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Doesn't sound like much fun at all and probably nowhere near as good as E's have been with the 'loved-up' feeling around others.

Maybe I'm getting old but I've never been offered ket or been tempted to try it and the replies suggest that's a good idea with possible organ failure.

Don't believe that copy and paste job, it's mostly predudiced nonsence. If people are doing it every day it will probably rot out their insides - solution is don't do it everyday. Also it's best not to touch it if you're pissed, alcohol and tranquilizers don't mix. If people have tried it for the first time when they're pissed up they'll most likely get confused, have a bad time and pass out. Personally I wouldn't let anyone do it if they were pissed unless they knew what they were doing.

If I had to liken it to anything it's closest to acid or shrooms (but still quite different), it's something you do in a safe place with friends who can look after each other. If you know your limits it's fine and once you get a bit of tolerance you can start to push the boundaries a bit. Mostly I've done it at afterparties after clubbing.

It's the same rules as any drug - if you go out and down a bottle of whiskey you're probably going to have a shit time, if you smoke 10 packets of fags at once you won't feel well, and if you do a slug-sized line of ket it'll probably knock you out.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
once i lay in the gutter curled up in a ball, this was at about 7pm! then i went to see big beach boutique 2, what a night that was (don't take drugs it's bad for you)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It never did me any harm although I am addicted to sugar lumps and carrots.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
If you've seen what Ketamine does to a horse, I don't think you would put it into yourself.

People get it put into themselves all the time by doctors.

This idea that it is strictly a horse tranquiliser is a complete myth and it is actually used in regular medical practise on people.

Using it medicinally and recreationally are two completely different things however.

Recreationally at low doses users can enjoy the experience of being "wonky" - a little like being quite drunk with slurred speech and wobbly movement. At higher doses it becomes a far more spiritual drug and you can become completely lost in your surroundings whilst on some sort of mystical adventure. As a dissociative is disassociates you with your body and world around you giving you powerful hallucinations that might make you think you're in a different dimension or that you have taken on another form. The trouble is that there's no guarantee as to how you're going to feel or what will happen so on one "trip" you might have a right old laugh imagining your sofa is in fact a boat and you're tearing down white water rapids whilst another time you may very well come to the conclusion that the fabric of space, time and existence is unravelling before your very eyes as you become a conscious single beam of light with no power to do anything whatsoever.

Therefore you need to be made of pretty strong stuff to handle the more extreme experiences and it is certainly not a drug for everybody.

In terms of long term damage, as with most recreational drugs it is far less harmful than alcohol or tobacco if used frequently and there are no known deaths just from its misuse. As it is not physically addictive as with heroin or tobacco very few people become dependent upon it other than to satisfy a psychological need to feel "out of it" but people like this usually tend to have underlying problems already, unrelated to Ketamine abuse.

It divides opinion so much not because of any health risks but because it effects people differently and whilst some people enjoy what they get from it and where it takes them others are very uncomfortable with the feeling of not being in control.

As with all recreational drugs, sensible use in moderation will do you no harm and the article in the original post is just the usual Daily Mail scaremongering

Last edited:

Used to do it quite heavily, it's grimy stuff really and if you do too fat a line, you're gonna freak out big time. Fun in small doses though, I'd usually just become a time traveller flying through the 3D world in Tron or attempt to peel away the layers of reality.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;4245650 said:
Ketamine is only dangerous if it is abused or mixed with other substances.

could say that about all narcotics. always trouble when you mix.

... At higher doses it becomes a far more spiritual drug and you can become completely lost in your surroundings whilst on some sort of mystical adventure. As a dissociative is disassociates you with your body and world around you giving you powerful hallucinations that might make you think you're in a different dimension or that you have taken on another form.

i've missed that about ketamine. always thought tranquliser, whats the point of that at a party and people i know have never suggested otherwise. often wondered why people bothered other than being cheap, interesting to know this.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
was spiked it about 9 years ago.....prompting a 4 hour K-hole.......not wished upon ones worst enemy....had to dig deep to ride that one out for sure......think death star with all the lights off - it was darker than that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here