Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The people banging on about the club only being about:-

Money.
Chasing the Premier League.
Buisness.
Forgetting the real fans.
blah blah blah blahdy blah blah.

Do realise a couple of threads down we are discussing if as little as £6.5 MILLION is enough to replace Leo and remain play-off/promotion competitive.

The club puts on brilliant events for the fans, esp the kids, and yet it's still not enough.
The desire to stick the boot into the club just 72 hours after Forest beggers belief.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Money.
Buisness.

Do realise a couple of threads down we are discussing if as little as £6.5 MILLION is enough to replace Leo and remain play-off/promotion competitive.

The club puts on brilliant events for the fans, esp the kids, and yet it's still not enough.
The desire to stick the boot into the club just 72 hours after Forest beggers belief.

There's still some who have it in for Paul Barber and will slag him and the club off at any and every excuse.

As far as I can tell he is villified for 4 reasons :

- some Canadian once wrote an article criticising him.
- he axed Gullys Girls ( real reasons clearly not given in my opinion ).
- he once admitted the fans are also the clubs customers.
- he is the evil one who caused the problems with Gus.

All of which ( to me ) is nonsense.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Another former player who thinks he should have a job for life, free tickets.

Yawnnnnnnnnn

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Talking to a steward and he said they have been reduced even the perk of a free pie and drink has been changed to 50% off,Kerry is probably just a victim of cost cutting.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well, I haven't been critical of the club. In fact I'm feel wonderfully positive about it. I love it nearly as much as I love my dog, and a tad more than I do Mrs FOS. :smile:
But if and only if someone at the club hadbeen unfair or dishonest, I don't think we should think "that's okay" because the club puts on kids parties etc.
That said, I'm not sure it's fair to openly criticise either. Especially as there doesn't appear to be any facts, rhyme or reason given. This would really make members consideration of the post unqualified. Anyway enough of that, my brain is still,in party mood.....onward and upward. :O

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Poor bloke, really have to feel for him having to buy a ticket.

The poor dear! If this is what it's about then it's a bit crazy. I work for Thames Water but still have to pay my bill. I don't then moan about it!

I know the club have been careful with the free tickets as I was meant to be getting a ticket off a player but as he is injured he is not being given free tickets and they are only for the squad on the day

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Stands to reason that the club are being stringent on the comps, the world and his wife will be crawling out the woodwork after a freebie!!!! Does seem like toys out if the pram behaviour from Kerry though....

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

Money.
Buisness.

Unbelievably naive. What do you think the kids parties are all about? There's nothing wrong with such a business focus, it is the only way to break even in a pretty dire business sector so everything has to be exploited, particularly the fans. However, to dig your head in the sand and say its nothing to do with chasing money and the premier league is very wide of the mark in my opinion.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Not harsh, he wasn't very good. Don't change history.

This legend status given to all and sundry is pathetic. Nearly as bad as the shockingly poor soap opera awards

This has been rehearsed so many times. He was that poor that he managed to impress managers of the quality of Micky Adams, Steve Coppell and Mark Mghee. But then I guess you are SAF posting under a pseudonym.

D

Deleted User X18H

what exactly does a 1901 host do?

Some of them (Michel Kuipers especially) take the job very seriously , interact, offer opion and insight , and generally perform the role of a genial host.

Some, it might be considered by others just sit and drink with their mates in the corner !!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
(Twitter) storm in a tea cup.

However, I would like to echo [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - what Mayo did for this club in the past should never be forgotten. His service to the club shouldn't be in doubt and he'll still be a legend at the Albion when Paul Barber is just another CEO in the City or Premier League.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Maybe they let him go because he spent much of his time in the 1901 lounge frantically looking over his shoulder, only to find himself drastically out of position with little or no chance of recovery.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What a bunch of bed wetting band wagon jumpers we have on Twitter. With no information at all they leap to condemn the club. And Mayo has now decided that after stirring the shit he's not going to spill the beans.

Bed wetting band wagon jumpers on the internet? Who knew?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Some of them (Michel Kuipers especially) take the job very seriously , interact, offer opion and insight , and generally perform the role of a genial host.

Some, it might be considered by others just sit and drink with their mates in the corner !!

The one time I was in 1901 we had Bob Booker who was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here