Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kerry Mayo Testimonial Brochure : On Sale TODAY

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
We'll probably have to buy another brochure when the game is played in JULY 2006!!

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Good brochure, although I wouldn't call one quote from Norman Cook an article!

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
clippedgull said:
I can't see the justification for lining his pockets?

I with thousands of others have paid his wages since he has been employed here.

That goes for any other player too.

Is he really loyal?? Have any other clubs been here to lure him away?

You really are a miserable old fucker; aren't you?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Screaming J said:
You really are a miserable old fucker; aren't you?

Guess so :)

I personally am not giving a penny to an old has been who I have never rated as being any good anyway.

Nobody has proved to me he is or has been loyal? Can you?

He has been richly rewarded and been looked after by us fans over the years though our hard earned.

Why the f*** should I line his pockets anymore than I have to?

If you fanboys want to, then I have no problem at all with that.

clippedgull said:
I can't see the justification for lining his pockets?

I with thousands of others have paid his wages since he has been employed here.

That goes for any other player too.

Is he really loyal?? Have any other clubs been here to lure him away?
Well ...

For half of the time that Kerry has been with the Albion, I guess his wages have been pretty ordinary by any standards.

Like most jobbing footballers, he has the opportunity to earn what fans might think is 'good' money for no more than eight or nine years. And most of that is probably taken up in mortgage repayments that an average family can fund through growing income over 25-30 years.

Footballers don't have that sort of career. The lucky ones and the loyal ones get a testimonial.

Kerry Mayo deserves one.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Ernest said:
Bought my brochure and very good it is too :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Blimey - praise indeed :bowdown:

Eggmundo said:
Brought my brochure,met him before the game, had a photo and an autograph and moaned that it was 3.50.
Ah! But that was before you read it! Are you still moaning now? (when compared with comparative items e.g. the £3 matchday programme?):shrug:

Originally posted by Downloaded Penguin
We'll probably have to buy another brochure when the game is played in JULY 2006!!
I hope not! There is three months of my life in this one :ohmy:

In all likelihood we'll probably produce an 8 or 16 page
programme for the match itself.

Originally posted by e77
Good brochure, although I wouldn't call one quote from Norman Cook an article!
Fair point. Blame the publicists!! Norman wrote me a letter explaining that he was no good with words so couldn't do an article as such - but the last para of his letter was so "appropriate" that we used that instead :thumbsup:

Last edited:

clippedgull said:

I'm so glad to hear that :)

Great programme - thanks to Ferret for patiently selling me one at 2.58pm and it looks a great read - the pic of Adams and McGhee (McGhee big, Adams far away :lolol: ) on the Falmer march for me sums up this great club of ours :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He looks strange in a Man U kit. ???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As someone else asked, and I noticed when I read the 'ad' on the mailing list this morning, no Micky Adams?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
marvelous read:clap2:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Anyone else think the picture of MA and MM makes them look like football hooligans ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
clippedgull said:

I personally am not giving a penny to an old has been who I have never rated as being any good anyway.

He has been richly rewarded and been looked after by us fans over the years though our hard earned.

Yeah, SPOT ON. After all, it was Mayo who almost got us relegated to the Conference with his own goal at Hereford, the BASTARD. And damn straight he's well looked after. See that vintage 1961 Ferrari Spider in the Sportsman carpark ? Thats Mayo's, that is. And he's got a Humm-Vee that he barely uses. He also owns three of the Shetland Islands, and has a 12 month UGC cinema pass, which gives him unlimited access to all the latest blockbusters to hit the Big Screen, seven days a week.
Loyal ? Pfff. If Inter Milan came in now offering him £110k a week, you reckon that big-time charlie would think twice ? Course not. *

* Please ensure ironymeters are switched on and set to 'receive'.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Easy 10 said:
Yeah, SPOT ON. After all, it was Mayo who almost got us relegated to the Conference with his own goal at Hereford, the BASTARD. And damn straight he's well looked after. See that vintage 1961 Ferrari Spider in the Sportsman carpark ? Thats Mayo's, that is. And he's got a Humm-Vee that he barely uses. He also owns three of the Shetland Islands, and has a 12 month UGC cinema pass, which gives him unlimited access to all the latest blockbusters to hit the Big Screen, seven days a week.
Loyal ? Pfff. If Inter Milan came in now offering him £110k a week, you reckon that big-time charlie would think twice ? Course not. *

* Please ensure ironymeters are switched on and set to 'receive'.
Nice to see you haven't lost your touch ,Easy:clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
clippedgull said:

That was one of the most articulate pieces of ingratitude I have ever stepped in. Well done.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Fletch said:
As someone else asked, and I noticed when I read the 'ad' on the mailing list this morning, no Micky Adams?

Long story - but largely down to timing problems.

I had an appointment with Micky for which I was ten minutes late. By then the great man had gone and I had missed the chance for an interview.

I did try again but it was not to be alas.

Will try and get something from him when we play Coventry - that can go in the supplement we will produce for the testimonial match itself next summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here