Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kenwyne Jones

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You have heard of Liam Bridcutt I assume?

Fabio Borini was also a Chelsea youth product. Playing for Liveprool now.

Ah yes, Liam Bridcutt. Borini is a good example too, but even so, we're struggling to find a team of former Chelsea youth team players who have gone on to make it at other clubs. Sam Hutchinson is at Nottingham Forest on loan, so there's another.

Mellis was signed from Sheffield United and Sinclair from Bristol Rovers (both for around the £1m mark), so credit fopr their development lies elsewhere in the main I feel.

As for McEachran, their shining example, he's at a Championship club on loan and if he was as good as people say you'd have thought he'd be at Reading or Southampton at the bare minimum.

Don't get me wrong he's a very good player and I'd take him here, but Prem quality? He couldn't get into the Swansea's side and even if they were in mostly good form, they tired badly at the end of the season.

I think McEachran is being built up and built up but he's never actually done anything. A season in the Championship with Middlesbrough should bring him on really well, they're a proper footballing team so it should help his development no end. In theory. I wouldn't be raving about him like the press are though. Same with Ryan Bertrand, his only real asset that I can see is being left footed. Which is positive, but it doesn't automatically make him a great player and I wouldn't be too suprised if he drifted away. My criticism of Chelsea's academy is a little bit out of place in this thread to be fair.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Also, I know I asked before but I don't think you saw it. What does the TNBA stand for? It has fascinated me for a while![/QUOTE]

Me to. I can't wait to use it but I haven't a fecking clue what it means------go easy I am a JCL!

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Not a hope in hell i'm afraid. Left us because he didn't want to play in the championship and decided to strike. Cannot see him dropping down a league, but can see him moving abroad.

Nick Jarvis

Jul 31, 2003
Why? Their youth team doesn't produce many good players. In fact, I can't think of many players in the football league who came through their youth system. Mellis at Barnsley, Sinclair now at City... Others?

Andy King at leicester came through Chelsea's youth system and he's an excellant player. Leicester certainly missed him last season when he was out injured.

arich

Apr 29, 2009
Also, I know I asked before but I don't think you saw it. What does the TNBA stand for? It has fascinated me for a while!

Me to. I can't wait to use it but I haven't a fecking clue what it means------go easy I am a JCL![/QUOTE]

There'll never be another

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here