Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Livingstones Nazi Jibe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
looney said:
and he didn't explain it at the time, well not what I herd.
Yes he did - he said he was like a concentration camp guard, in that he was only doing as he was told - the blatent insinuation that journalist was justifying his irritating winding up of the mayor by only doing his job.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
FFS, as if there is any chance of Ken Livingstone having thought "Oh this idiot reporter haranguing me is actually Jewish - so I'll be sure to mention concentration camps as to offend him even more, that's a good idea". What a pile of steaming crap.

Is the right and its house press so desperate that it does nothing these days but conjure up a succession of farcical allegations of antisemitism by Labour, each of them pathetic? (BTW, this has nothing to do with that utterly exhausted and meaningless term, er, "PC").

I admit, I do buy it, but to me the Evening Standard is two crosswords and Victor Lewis-Smith's old jokes attached to a watered-down Daily Mail. If it takes you longer than five minutes to read the rest of that crap, you're probably dislxcissic.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It seems like people can't refer to the Nazis nowadays without being accused of anti-semetism.

I find this whole situation embarassing on behalf of the media. An absolute non-event. For all the things happening in the world they decide to canter in on their diseased moral high horses and accuse people of racism and demand apologies on behalf of this insulted nation.
They are even more self-important than your average NSC-poster.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
My only surprise is that it took this long for a thread to appear about it. It was like everybody was waiting for someone else to start it

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
He made a remark comparing the guy to a concentration camp guard because of what he was doing there and then. He didn't say "I wish you'd been gassed at Aushwitz" or anything.
Did he even know that the person he said it to was Jewish?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
munster monch said:
My only surprise is that it took this long for a thread to appear about it. It was like everybody was waiting for someone else to start it

Or as if no one actually cared.
Damningly, i was wrong.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Meade's_Ball said:
Yeah i think it was all just a ruse by my tight-fisted mother

*gulps*

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
looney said:
Looks like that total Prat Livingstone is at it again. Anyone unlucky enough to get London local news will be used to his continual howlers every couple of months or so.

The mans an arrogant condesending shit and hopefully will lose the next mayor election.

What he said - a prize example of the loonie left, and Blair's willing to prostitute his principles for votes/control.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Meade's_Ball said:
Yeah i think it was all just a ruse by my tight-fisted mother to deny me a new packet of pants and a Seagulls mug.

Sounds like it to me. Jesus would have been proud of my packaged pants this year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
KL probably isn't anti-semetic, but thats not the point.

The fact that the Mayor of London decided to illustrate a point by having a cheap shot, a quip, at someone by dragging in the subject of Nazi concentration camps was, I think, totally inappropriate for someone in his position. Particularly at this time when the liberation of Auschwitz is topical in the news.

It just so happened that the reporter on the receiving end of this jibe was jewish, which is whats given this whole story its added momentum (whether KL knew of this fact before he said what he said is open to debate).

Bottom line - it was a tasteless and ill-timed remark for a high-profile public servant to make. Not the end of the world, but fairly grubby all the same.

Sadly I think KL cocked up and should say sorry.

But does anyone else find it ironic that tony bliar, who refuses to appologise for taking this country to war on the basis of a lie, says that KL should say sorry. :nono:

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Should people apologise for saying something they believe to be okay? If so I'd be apologising to people all the time.

You f***ing cuntrags.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yes but you're not the f***ing MAYOR of LONDON Chappers, and your obscene, well crafted insults don't making the f***ing NATIONAL NEWS.

But don't you EVER go changing :kiss:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here