Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Livingstones Nazi Jibe.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like that total Prat Livingstone is at it again. Anyone unlucky enough to get London local news will be used to his continual howlers every couple of months or so.

The mans an arrogant condesending shit and hopefully will lose the next mayor election.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
:yawn:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Absolutely hate the bloke. He is a complete and utter tosser and a freeloader.

He will lose labour votes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I agree with what you say about him being arrogant but I find it irritating that this whole issue has arisen. The point he was trying to make is obvious - and I object to the Standard splattering this story over its first 3 pages in every issue for the past week.

London has got better things to do than put up with its newspaper and mayor BICKERING like children. Six and 2 threes. Twats.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I find it irritating that this whole issue has arisen.

I agree but I see it as Inevitable as under labour race is the new religion. Am I the only one who's getting fed up with this fetishistic obssesion, race this race that?

Whatever happened to the poor? thats when I at least respected labour even if I didn't always agree with there methods or approach.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
looney said:

I agree but I see it as Inevitable as under labour race is the new religion.
But KL said the hack was like a Nazi Concetration Camp guard - just doing his job. The Standard then seeked to make capital out of this remark. How is any of this a race related incident or the fault of Labour?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He likened a jewish reporter to being like a Nazi guard at Auschwitz. Sorry, but no matter how pissed off we all get with "political correctness", THAT was a f***ing shitty thing to say and he damn well should apologise.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Easy 10 said:
He likened a jewish reporter to being like a Nazi guard at Auschwitz. Sorry, but no matter how pissed off we all get with "political correctness", THAT was a f***ing shitty thing to say and he damn well should apologise.
Bollocks. He wasn't being anti-semetic, and that unaccountable hack had been winding him up (for days, I expect), and he even explained to the hack what he meant by it at the time. Good on KL for NOT being politically correct.

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
Is it me or is the term "Nazi jibe" popping up quite a lot lately? So much so that I can't even be arsed to think about whether it was offensive or not.

Anyone who disagrees with me, I'll point my finger at them and accuse them of making a nazi jibe at me. :glare:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
But KL said the hack was like a Nazi Concetration Camp guard - just doing his job. The Standard then seeked to make capital out of this remark. How is any of this a race related incident or the fault of Labour?

why is it never out of the news since labour got in. Would you tell a black he's acting like a monkey?

He wasn't being anti-semetic, and that unaccountable hack had been winding him up (for days, I expect), and he even explained to the hack what he meant by it at the time. Good on KL for NOT being politically correct.

Hacks wind people up its their job and he didn't explain it at the time, well not what I herd. Oh and he seems more obssesed by the Mail group than they are about him.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
looney said:

I agree but I see it as Inevitable as under labour race is the new religion. Am I the only one who's getting fed up with this fetishistic obssesion, race this race that?

Whatever happened to the poor? thats when I at least respected labour even if I didn't always agree with there methods or approach.

georgesays.jpg

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I have no sympathy with the reporter whatsoever, but there are people alive for whom using that sort of term as a petty insult must be very upsetting.

He should apologise for using that comparison. But apologise to the Standard/Mail - thay can piss off.

looney said:
I agree but I see it as Inevitable as under labour race is the new religion. Am I the only one who's getting fed up with this fetishistic obssesion, race this race that?.

:ohmy:
And so the Tories aren't campaigning on race then?
:nono:

So basically insults are out now! So the ref is no longer a ******.

KL record on race issues is exemptly.

The Mail and Standard record on needlessly attacking KL is constant..

In terms of votes.

Didn't KL increase his vote at the last election the only labour politician to do so?

Basically the papers and the conservatives at this time should be focussed on postitively promoting all things London.

In a weeks time when the IOC are gone, they can start up their little games again.

LC

LC???

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
looney said:
Hacks wind people up its their job and he didn't explain it at the time, well not what I herd. Oh and he seems more obssesed by the Mail group than they are about him.

the reporter hardly had a chance to wind him up if you listen to the tape, he got his rebuke in very early!

regarding the "obsession" how do you explain the acres of copy they have generated then?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I cant believe all the fuss.

How can you say its like calling a black man a monkey? FIrstly the Jewish reporter would be the opposite of Nazi if anything. I doubt Livingstone even knew he was Jewish.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's in no way anti-semitic and has been blown completely out of proportion and I'm quite surpsrised taht looney of all people has taken offence. Is it just because he's a 'leftie' that you have brought this up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here