Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Kemptown Election Candidates

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does someone get 'parachuted in' from 12 miles away?
It's the most efficient means of travel between Sittingbourne and Faversham. Given the state of the railway. Thanks to privatization and the Tories. One way trip, though. For the best, perhaps.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So he went to uni and became a campaigner for labour. He then left and became a political lobbyist for energy companies (ironically working on gaining govt support for moving to carbon neutral). He has also lobbied for some gambling companies.

He went back to labour to become a campaign coordinator for starmer's leadership bid and then became his speech writer.

I understand he has been a season ticket holder since 2014

As for Nancy platts she has tried to win two seats in brighton (lost pavilion to greens in 2010 and kemptown to tories in 2015). There were concerns her 2015 campaigning was lacklustre. She was a great leader of the council until the failure to deal with antisemitism caused 3 councillors to be suspended and ended the labour lead and it meant greens took over.

It is said that michael crick tweeted that chris ward would be the btn kemptown candidate while she was being interviewed. It wasn't a labour announcement and they official statement came 3 hrs after her interview. That says to me that ward was favourite but no decision had formally been taken
Thanks for the info This is the sort of stuff I was looking for .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here