Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kelvin Morton (the 5 penalties)

5 past Kuipers

Is that the time?
Feb 22, 2006
Tunbridge Wells
Tricky Dicky said:
Is 5 still a record - I would guess not ?

I know it's only happened once, in World football, since.

'Not only the Paraguayan referee Ubaldo Aquino, but also Argentina's striker Martin Palermo, set records in the group match between Argentina and Colombia: The referee awarded no fewer than five penalties in 90 minutes, and Palermo who took all three for Argentina missed the lot - also a record. Argentina finally lost the match 0:3. Of the Colombian penalties, Hamilton Ricard also failed with his attempt.'

It's from FIFA's site. I think the records they refer to are just World Cup ones.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I remember having a carload of Palarse fans pulling alongside my brother and I after the game and going on about the result. Until I pointed out we had won on aggregate since we beat them by 2 at the Goldstone. Soon shut them up.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Perry Milkins said:
To the tune of Frosty the Snowman?
I was thinking more "Firestarter" by the Prodigy myself

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was there too. Great game. Wasn't that about the time of the inflatable seagull?

Did anyone notice that he was the refereeing assessor at the West Ham cup game. Can't have been too impressed with the ref, as in his book there probably should have been at least three penalties!! :D

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm surprised the phone in didn't try and get Kelvin morton to come on :D

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Anybody remember the goal Ian Wright scored ?

It loathes me to say it but for what I remember it is probably one of the best goals I have ever witnessed to be scored against the Albion :nono:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
For some reason I was in the Holmesdale with a mate and his cousin who was Palarse! Not very enjoyable

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I remember the day clearly, got hammered on the train drinking cans of miller lite, crammed into the corner section of the Holmesdale terrace.

Mate got chucked out for arguing through fencing with Palace fans, then got let back in at half time for his own safety. :lolol:

Lots more beers on way home.

Then moved to Isle of Man two days later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here