Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keir Starmer

Jan 30, 2008
Micheal foot , Tony Blair, Jeremy Corbyn, the foundations of shit labour , I'd give Gordon brown some credit and that's about it ,looking forward to a load of old bluster from the opposition benches with very little effect
Regards
DF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
There's always one looking to blame and point the finger, we are in a world crisis, but you know better than all the scientist and people in the know.

Come on give it up, and support people all trying to do the best.

Should have known YOU would be that one.

Hang your head.

I take that as a compliment from you.:smile:

I would agree he likes the detail, just so he can shaft the living daylight out of someone for his childish one-upmanship, the man wears the mask of deceit if you ask me.

He clearly guzzles alcohol by the bucket looking at his weather-beaten face.

Morgan will soon change his mind on him, he just building him up, so the knockdown will be sweeter.

I'll stick by/go back to what I said first off, I can't help thinking you're going to be very disappointed.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This 100%.

Germany is the only democracy in Europe and North America earning deserved credit.

At the beginning of this some parts of the media and the usual NSC candidates who always benchmark the terrible UK against everything’s amazing elsewhere, mentioned the wonderful healthcare budgets and facilities in France, Italy, and so on.

Scroll on three or four weeks, and those countries have awful COVID19 death statistics. Certainly nothing to aspire to.

The Italians had twice as many ICU beds proportionate to population as we had before this started. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_hospital_beds

We have the benefit of seeing that in Italy, even that is not enough in areas where the virus takes off.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The correct choice of leader and a pretty good Shadow Cabinet. The basket cases of Abbott, McDonnell and Barry Gardiner have gone. I think they have the right people, but they still need to have the right message and they have to have a unified plan on Brexit. A long way to go but probably as good as Labour have looked in 15 years.

D

Deleted member 2719

I take that as a compliment from you.:smile:

Good for you.... now take yourself off to your 'more important other activities' and give your vacuous rhetoric a rest.

Ahh that's nice, so caring.

I'll stick by/go back to what I said first off, I can't help thinking you're going to be very disappointed.

Fair enough, If I have judged him wrong I will be the first to say so, but any barrister, who pushed so hard to turn around the democratic vote of Brexit, will be looking to take back some dignity and to do that he will be causing disharmony in the UK when we need it at it's least.

I have no doubt he is gripping his bottle of red now and planning an attack on poorly Boris.

He may not act in quite yet, but he will IMO.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair enough, If I have judged him wrong I will be the first to say so, but any barrister, who pushed so hard to turn around the democratic vote of Brexit,

He was a member of the opposition. It's their job to oppose :facepalm:

he will be causing disharmony in the UK when we need it at it's least.

You think Britain is currently harmonious? :wozza:

I have no doubt he is gripping his bottle of red now and planning an attack on poorly Boris.

Conjecture, You talk about divisiveness and then make up shit with no proof. Here's a link from your beloved Sun stating Starmer is going to work with him.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11330540/keir-starmer-to-work-with-boris-against-coronavirus/

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Ahh that's nice, so caring.

Fair enough, If I have judged him wrong I will be the first to say so, but any barrister, who pushed so hard to turn around the democratic vote of Brexit, will be looking to take back some dignity and to do that he will be causing disharmony in the UK when we need it at it's least.

He may not act in quite yet, but he will IMO.

Firstly there's already disharmony in the UK because of BREXIT. It has probably been masked or muted because of the pandemic, but it's also at risk of being heightened for some by our government's seeming refusal to cooperate eithvanything European.

I think he will let BREXIT go. He's not going to stop it. But there might be differences as to what constitutes a good deal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Firstly there's already disharmony in the UK because of BREXIT. It has probably been masked or muted because of the pandemic, but it's also at risk of being heightened for some by our government's seeming refusal to cooperate eithvanything European.

I think he will let BREXIT go. He's not going to stop it. But there might be differences as to what constitutes a good deal.

Yes, quite right that Britain is divided because of Brexit. You couldn't have got anything worse for harmony. 52/48 % with less than a turnout in the 90%s means the country is almost exactly divided. However, the Brexit disharmony is now being replaced, rather than masked. Workers versus isolators, garden owners versus flat dwellers, panic buyers versus the frugal, joggers versus walkers. The country is a seething mess of judgement, selfishness and shaming versus service, selflessness and self discipline.

Brexit will happen. To use the Mickey Flannagan phrase, however, we are out but we are not out-out. I hope Starmer works together with Boris to negotiate a final deal that doesn't cripple the country, but the latter's current medical predicament means there may be six months or less to not only do that but to potentially revoke the legislation fixing the date for "out/out". I'm not saying in any way we should stay, that battle is lost, but the sheer stupidity of putting a hard and fast final date in legislation to satisfy a vocal minority is coming home to roost. A no deal "out-out" just as we're getting back on our feet would be catastrophic.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Where's this idea that Starmer is a boozer come from? Westminster is notoriously gossipy yet I've read nothing to suggest that the guy has any sort of drink problem - not even from the likes of Guido Fawkes or Spiked has anything on the subject.

Corbyn left himself open to criticism with a series of misjudgements; it seems that as there's nothing similar to pin on Starmer, people are now making things up

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Where's this idea that Starmer is a boozer come from? Westminster is notoriously gossipy yet I've read nothing to suggest that the guy has any sort of drink problem - not even from the likes of Guido Fawkes or Spiked has anything on the subject.

I think you can file that under "Mouldy is being a tosser again":

He clearly guzzles alcohol by the bucket looking at his weather-beaten face.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Anyone still worrying about Brexit at this moment in time really needs to take a long hard look at themselves. The economic carnage that is going to follow this virus will change the UK and the EU forever. Hundreds, if not thousands of businesses in the UK will be unable to restart after this clears and the same will apply throughout Europe. Recession and debt will bite deep and recovery will take a long time. Once again, the Southern Mediterranean countries are likely to suffer the most as their lucrative travel/tourism industry is on the floor. The rest of the EU will not be able to help them. They'll have their own battles to fight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyone still worrying about Brexit at this moment in time really needs to take a long hard look at themselves. The economic carnage that is going to follow this virus will change the UK and the EU forever. Hundreds, if not thousands of businesses in the UK will be unable to restart after this clears and the same will apply throughout Europe. Recession and debt will bite deep and recovery will take a long time. Once again, the Southern Mediterranean countries are likely to suffer the most as their lucrative travel/tourism industry is on the floor. The rest of the EU will not be able to help them. They'll have their own battles to fight.
Every country will need each other to get things back on track

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008

We need to be looking after ourselves and let Europe sort their own shit out ,it's not our problem anymore it really isn't
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, quite right that Britain is divided because of Brexit. You couldn't have got anything worse for harmony. 52/48 % with less than a turnout in the 90%s means the country is almost exactly divided. However, the Brexit disharmony is now being replaced, rather than masked. Workers versus isolators, garden owners versus flat dwellers, panic buyers versus the frugal, joggers versus walkers. The country is a seething mess of judgement, selfishness and shaming versus service, selflessness and self discipline.

Brexit will happen. To use the Mickey Flannagan phrase, however, we are out but we are not out-out. I hope Starmer works together with Boris to negotiate a final deal that doesn't cripple the country, but the latter's current medical predicament means there may be six months or less to not only do that but to potentially revoke the legislation fixing the date for "out/out". I'm not saying in any way we should stay, that battle is lost, but the sheer stupidity of putting a hard and fast final date in legislation to satisfy a vocal minority is coming home to roost. A no deal "out-out" just as we're getting back on our feet would be catastrophic.

Yes the General election result backs up all your twaddle doesn't it
Regards
DF

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We need to be looking after ourselves and let Europe sort their own shit out ,it's not our problem anymore it really isn't
Regards
DF

Thank you, Neville Chamberlain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here