Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping it special : waiting for the Donny game

DanielT

WSU is open, but your seat may not get sold, even if you choose not to go. You may still have your plastic wrap moment (no sex pun intended)

I'm looking forward to the ramp up events because, as someone has already well said, i want to be in the stadium every chance I get.

Also, you know the foot ache you get with new shoes? I want my seat to be already molded to my bum by the first league game!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Thought about the SSCF and Spurs game but for various reasons I can`t or don`t want to make either. Really looking forward to the Donny game and quite pleased that it will be my first game at the Amex. No criticism of anyone going to the ramp up events (enjoy) but just not for me. Anyone else saving their virginity !!.

100% agree.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
When are general sale tickets for Donny likely to go on sale? I'd like to know when I'm likely to fail miserably at trying to get one and just be depressed for the rest of the day

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Yep, as I just posted in another thread, after all this time at Withdean and the anticipation watching the stadium being built quite literally day-by-day on the webcam. I want my first experience to be perfect. I've pictured it in my head twenty dozen times. Getting off the train at Falmer Station surrounded by the buzz of fans going through the same emotions. The anticipation and excitement as the perfect stadium proudly sits ahead. Having a browse through the new Seagulls Store and probably buying half a dozen things just for the sake of it (I hope they have a plentiful supply of flags).

Going through the turnstile for the very first time with the swanky new Season Ticket card. Looking around the clean and polished concourse that I'll soon become very familiar with. Standing in line for my Butternut Squash pie, recently baked on-site at the stadium and taking a swig of Albion Ale to wash it down. And then, the moment that you walk up the stairs and out into the stand - seeing the glorious West Stand ahead and the green grass of our new home. The stands packed with not a single seat in the house empty, and.... atmosphere at an Albion home game.

I'm pretty sure that, even at 30 years old, I'll have more than a few tears in my eyes. The best part is that I know for sure that I wont be the only one.

You have summed it up perfectly my friend. I shall take a moment to sit down outside and contemplate from the inside of my soul. Within it I'll be talking to my Dad who passed away before we got to our new home, but one of his last quotes before he passed was "Never you worry son, we'll get there...and as always he was right, WE DID !" I have a small banner which I would like to hang from the WSU (seating arrangements are perfect to do so) echoing these sentiments and I hope that the club will let me do this prior to kick off. To me it would mean the world.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I have no interest at all in the Spurs game, I'm definitely waiting for the Donny game.
Lord Nelson before for a couple, then off for some Albion Ale. I hate football matches that
don't have any meaning (Cup or Points) they always feel a bit flat.

I'm 41 and will be taking my eldest son, he is going to be so embarrassed if I start to blub

Think you'll find he'll blub too !! Enjoy the whole day's experience, much better than struggling to find a parking space near the cricketers in Gillingham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here