Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping it special : waiting for the Donny game

Oct 2, 2008
Thought about the SSCF and Spurs game but for various reasons I can`t or don`t want to make either. Really looking forward to the Donny game and quite pleased that it will be my first game at the Amex. No criticism of anyone going to the ramp up events (enjoy) but just not for me. Anyone else saving their virginity !!.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Yep, as I just posted in another thread, after all this time at Withdean and the anticipation watching the stadium being built quite literally day-by-day on the webcam. I want my first experience to be perfect. I've pictured it in my head twenty dozen times. Getting off the train at Falmer Station surrounded by the buzz of fans going through the same emotions. The anticipation and excitement as the perfect stadium proudly sits ahead. Having a browse through the new Seagulls Store and probably buying half a dozen things just for the sake of it (I hope they have a plentiful supply of flags).

Going through the turnstile for the very first time with the swanky new Season Ticket card. Looking around the clean and polished concourse that I'll soon become very familiar with. Standing in line for my Butternut Squash pie, recently baked on-site at the stadium and taking a swig of Albion Ale to wash it down. And then, the moment that you walk up the stairs and out into the stand - seeing the glorious West Stand ahead and the green grass of our new home. The stands packed with not a single seat in the house empty, and.... atmosphere at an Albion home game.

I'm pretty sure that, even at 30 years old, I'll have more than a few tears in my eyes. The best part is that I know for sure that I wont be the only one.

Oct 2, 2008
Yep, as I just posted in another thread, after all this time at Withdean and the anticipation watching the stadium being built quite literally day-by-day on the webcam. I want my first experience to be perfect. I've pictured it in my head twenty dozen times. Getting off the train at Falmer Station surrounded by the buzz of fans going through the same emotions. The anticipation and excitement as the perfect stadium proudly sits ahead. Having a browse through the new Seagulls Store and probably buying half a dozen things just for the sake of it (I hope they have a plentiful supply of flags).

Going through the turnstile for the very first time with the swanky new Season Ticket card. Looking around the clean and polished concourse that I'll soon become very familiar with. Standing in line for my Butternut Squash pie, recently baked on-site at the stadium and taking a swig of Albion Ale to wash it down. And then, the moment that you walk up the stairs and out into the stand - seeing the glorious West Stand ahead and the green grass of our new home. The stands packed with not a single seat in the house empty, and.... atmosphere at an Albion home game.

I'm pretty sure that, even at 30 years old, I'll have more than a few tears in my eyes. The best part is that I know for sure that I wont be the only one.

Kindred spirit. Great post, see you there.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Another one doing the same here. Couldn't make the spurs game and have decided to give the senior cup a miss so am now looking forward to Doncaster for the perfect occasion.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am away for both the ramp up games, and I quite like it that way!

quincydocks

Nov 8, 2009
I live abroad and had to make a choice and to be honest it was easy. This is the first real game I watched us play them at the Goldstone from the North Stand and will be doing the same at the Amex

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Well said sir... My everlasting memory will be seeing the boys play in front of a packed out Amex!!

Must remember to get a new hankie... Do they sell them at the club shop with the new logo on?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
For any weirdos who have a thing about grown men crying, the Amex will be a 'must' do event on Aug 6th.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton

This :thumbsup: i am 48 & i know i will shed a tear or two!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm still undecided. Defo not the SSC - half empty will not do it for me. The Spurs game is different - think there's gonna be a real party atmosphere there, lots of razmattaz and bigging it up. I reckon it will be some spectacle which ideally they'd do before the Donny game but can't for obvious reasons. It's a tough one - I'm trying to be patient but after all this time ......

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i shall be waiting too.
getting a train from newhaven to worthing, then jumping on the open top bus.
travels past the goldstone and withdean before arriving at falmer.
its gonna make a special day just that little bit more special

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I could go to both games but am waiting for the Donny one too.

I think that going to one of the ramp-up games would be like chasing a gorgeous woman for year after year only to get rejected. Finally, you wear her down, have a date and a promise that she'll come round to yours on Saturday night wearing her special underwear... and then you spend Friday night banging some doxy at the back of the bus station.

I want my first time at the Amex to be special: a half-full stadium for some meaningless match isn't the occasion, the Donny game will be. And I'm sure I'll have a tear too.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I have no interest at all in the Spurs game, I'm definitely waiting for the Donny game.
Lord Nelson before for a couple, then off for some Albion Ale. I hate football matches that
don't have any meaning (Cup or Points) they always feel a bit flat.

I'm 41 and will be taking my eldest son, he is going to be so embarrassed if I start to blub

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
The thought of a half empty stadium + a probable defeat against spurs means Doncaster it is for me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I honestly don't think going to the ramp up events will make the donny game less special and I don't see how queuing for hours for a train then queuing for hours in the club shop will be a special experience at the donny game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here